Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2010, 15:29   #31
BHPian

I sincerely hope to see this butch X'over in India but even if it happens (which i highly doubt) I'm convinced those bird-brains at Hyundai will bring it the CBU route which means EPIC FAIL on the pricing front....A la Terracan->Tucson-> And soon to be Santa Fe.
Old 1st December 2010, 20:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

@digital Somehow i think the Santa Fe is not going to be a failure.Hyundai says they have got an overwhelming response for the Santa Fe,not in the class of fortuner but still pretty decent.

But i wish they had launched this instead,but i guess it would have been a segment higher than the santa fe.
Old 2nd December 2010, 00:16   #33
Senior - BHPian

Wow. Now this is a surprise. What with the Santa Fe and the ix35, now this possibly coming in

The old Tuscon, though good, was way too small for an SUV. This one, seems to be the right size for one and looks very upmarket. WOuld have loved to see the front. I dont suppose u have them do you
Old 2nd December 2010, 10:02   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
But i wish they had launched this instead,but i guess it would have been a segment higher than the santa fe.
I thought Tucson is usually positioned a segment below Santa Fe, Tucson being a 5 seater based on Elantra platform and Santa Fe being a 7 seater (in some markets Santa Fe is also a 5 seater) based on Sonata platform.
Old 2nd December 2010, 10:33   #35
VMC
BHPian

If Hyundai gets this baby to India then I will upgrade my Elantra to this.
I like its stance and design.
Any idea if this car will be available in India?
Old 2nd December 2010, 11:44   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking at the number plates, i doubt Hyundai is testing the car for India. The car must have been on transit to either Nepal or Bhutan.

On my recent trip to Malaysia i clicked some pics of the new Tucson. Posting them here.

Spotted: All new TUCSON-i00967.jpg

Spotted: All new TUCSON-i00968.jpg

Last edited by .anshuman : 2nd December 2010 at 11:45.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2010, 12:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

The one in the pic above seems to be the ix35. A bit confusing now, as to why they want to launch the ix35, the Tuscon along with the existing Santa
Old 3rd December 2010, 00:59   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
I thought Tucson is usually positioned a segment below Santa Fe, Tucson being a 5 seater based on Elantra platform and Santa Fe being a 7 seater (in some markets Santa Fe is also a 5 seater) based on Sonata platform.
Tucson will be positioned below santa fe. Check cars.com for info.
Old 3rd December 2010, 02:49   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
The one in the pic above seems to be the ix35. A bit confusing now, as to why they want to launch the ix35, the Tuscon along with the existing Santa
Both, ix35 and Tucson are the same car. In Europe and Australia its called ix35, elsewhere its called Tucson. Tucson is priced a segment below the Santa Fe, so there is no question of overlapping.
Old 3rd December 2010, 10:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

Am I the only one who thinks that the new Tucson's rear end looks very inspired by the Audi Q5? I must admit they have been able to disguise it to some extent, but the resemblance remains.
Old 3rd January 2011, 20:19   #41
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Spotted: All new TUCSON

A close friend spotted a ix35 Tucson in the G.T.Road in West Bengal. Probably a test car.
Old 25th January 2011, 20:44   #42
BHPian

Looks pretty good. Was checking out the hyundai USA website, they seem to have two version 2.0 and 2.4.Hope they price it between 14-16 lakhs.
Old 26th January 2011, 07:28   #43
Senior - BHPian

The TUSCON has always been a sought after vehicle. See it often at second hand dealerships and they get picked up very fast. The vehicle seems to be holding its value really well and seems a lot more manageable unlike big brother the TERRACAN
Old 26th January 2011, 08:52   #44
BHPian

GUYS,i am in seriously in search of suv style 7 seater.for this i specially visited bangkok motor show.I repeatedly visited(simultaneously) fortuner,pajero(triton),captiva, AND SPECIALLY TUCSON stall,as i was more inclined towards interior quality of TUCSON.BUT SORRY TO SAY it is strictly for five seaters only,but much nicer interiors than fortuner.
Old 26th January 2011, 09:34   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by montoo View Post
GUYS,i am in seriously in search of suv style 7 seater.for this i specially visited bangkok motor show.I repeatedly visited(simultaneously) fortuner,pajero(triton),captiva, AND SPECIALLY TUCSON stall,as i was more inclined towards interior quality of TUCSON.BUT SORRY TO SAY it is strictly for five seaters only,but much nicer interiors than fortuner.
When you say SUV, I think you should differentiate between ladder on frame types and monocoque chassis ones. The CRV and TUSCON are monocoque ones while the FORTUNER is a ladder on frame

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks