Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2011, 11:32   #166
BHPian

re: Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23

I doubt if Brio and Jazz will share a lot of components. It doesn't seems so looking at the interior pictures. Jazz is one of the 4 global models for honda (others being Accord, Civic and CRV) and specced as such. I have read some team bhpians commenting that Jazz is better built than City and it is more expensive than City in other markets where both the cars are sold. So I would think Brio would have been designed as lower cost asian/emerging market model, but hopefully quality levels should be better than Etios!

Disclaimer: If you find my post biased towards Jazz, it may be because I bought a used Jazz just a couple of weeks back! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
On the contrary, if the Brio and Jazz end up sharing a majority of the components, then the mass-of-scale could work in favour of the Jazz.

Looking for a 5L price-tag on the Brio and a reduction in price of the Jazz to about 7L. That'd be ideal.

Last edited by altius : 18th March 2011 at 11:34.
Old 18th March 2011, 11:38   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Look at what they have done to you People tend to perceive the product as a bargain whereas in reality it is STILL OVERPRICED.
The Jazz should have originally retailed for no more than 5.5 lacs ex showroom for the base version. I am happy that it flopped.

Guess this time the Honda Marketing guys will be watching this thread and price the Brio accordingly. So lets speculate the base version would be approx 4.50 lakhs.

Cheers!
Old 18th March 2011, 11:56   #168
Senior - BHPian

5 lacs and still no rear wash wipe and fog lamps? When'll Honda wake up?
Old 18th March 2011, 13:07   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Disclaimer: If you find my post biased towards Jazz, it may be because I bought a used Jazz just a couple of weeks back! :-)
Ok, you're a smart man. I have always thought that both Civic and Jazz are great cars to be bought (both built to their global standards), but from the used market. Now that we have had Jazz in the market for close to 2 yrs, it will be sold in the used car market as well. Unlike other Honda cars, it should not be priced exorbitantly in the used car market, since it is a 'market' flop.

How much did you pick you're for? I may think of replacing my Swift with pre owned Jazz down the line.
Old 18th March 2011, 13:53   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
I hope Honda will launch Brio - 1.2 IVTEC for a price of 5 lac and relaunch Jazz with 1.5 IVTEC at a price range of 7.5 Lacs.
I am sure Brio will not be a IVTec engine. It will be a vtech engine.
Old 18th March 2011, 14:12   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It will be a vtech engine.
There is no such engine anymore. Either it is iVTEC or normally aspirated one (without variable tech)
Old 18th March 2011, 17:23   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
They will save significant amount on interiors. From the looks of it, interiors are few shades below Jazz, integrated head-reast, thin seats (like Etios), minimalistic dash, seats, the overall material, no magic seats etc - there is just no comparison with Jazz quality IMO. I am sure they can save a lot with these downgrades - plus it will not spook off Jazz owners by making it "almost jazz" at 25% discount
It much easier to strip out the Jazz and do a cheaper interior without magic seats. Or bring the 1stGen Jazz back with i-dsi engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KameshR View Post
Thought of pulling some figures from carwale.com
You are showing base Nano as 900 kg. Pls check.

Notice the slab sided rear..1985 is back !!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-85civic.jpeg  

Last edited by Mpower : 18th March 2011 at 19:52.
Old 18th March 2011, 19:52   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
I think Jazz is a great car, may not be appreciated by many among us today, mainly because of the price. Honda should be appreciated for bringing a global car without stripping it to bone - I am sure it will do better in future.

I would love own one some day. How much did you pay for the Jazz, how old, how many KMs? I will start looking with that as an indicative price
Old 18th March 2011, 20:00   #174
Senior - BHPian

I love Honda's - Haven't really gone wrong with them. The Brio's cool. I don't mind buying it if it comes with the 1.2 Jazz engine!
Old 18th March 2011, 20:14   #175
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
I love Honda's - Haven't really gone wrong with them. The Brio's cool. I don't mind buying it if it comes with the 1.2 Jazz engine!
If that happens, then they should engine-upgrade the Jazz to a 1.4 or 1.5. That would be the ideal engine for Jazz! Not sure if that would be the future plan for Honda.

But based on the production of Brio, I hope Honda does not phase out the fantastic Jazz.
Old 18th March 2011, 20:20   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KameshR View Post
Thought of pulling some figures from carwale.com (which I believe is also a very informative site)
Attachment 519136
Off topic! I have driven my father's Nano CX for a few hundred kms. Never felt that she weighed a healthy 900 Kgs plus.
Old 18th March 2011, 20:40   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Off topic! I have driven my father's Nano CX for a few hundred kms. Never felt that she weighed a healthy 900 Kgs plus.
My bad. Apologies for taking the figures 'as is' from carwale.com. The Nano Base as per tata's website is 600kgs.
Old 19th March 2011, 16:21   #178
BHPian

@Abhi_Automobile and SunilM

The Jazz I bought is a 2009 September model with 19500 kms approx. on the odometer. I paid 5.4L for the car and 10.8K as dealer commision.

Quote:
How much did you pick you're for? I may think of replacing my Swift with pre owned Jazz down the line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
I would love own one some day. How much did you pay for the Jazz, how old, how many KMs? I will start looking with that as an indicative price
I came across very few used Jazz (actually only a couple of them) for nearly 4 months. The good thing for people like us is that when they come for sale, they would probably won't sell quickly as 99% of the population would not put 5+L in a used hatchback and would rather go for a new i10, ritz, figo etc. I thought Jazz is a very good value at 5.5L and didn't think much and booked it once I test drove and also got a quick evaluation done by a local Honda dealer.

Quote:
Ok, you're a smart man. I have always thought that both Civic and Jazz are great cars to be bought (both built to their global standards), but from the used market. Now that we have had Jazz in the market for close to 2 yrs, it will be sold in the used car market as well. Unlike other Honda cars, it should not be priced exorbitantly in the used car market, since it is a 'market' flop.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 20th May 2011 at 11:17. Reason: merged posts. Please use the edit option when posting within 30mins.
Old 20th March 2011, 01:51   #179
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the pics of the Brio I feel the car looks very ugly from all the angles. Having said that I donot know why everyone in this thread is wishing for a starting price tag of 5 lakhs ex-showroom because when launched this same car at this very pricing will seem highly over-priced for its size alone leave alone the features/ lack of it, it offers. Considering the i10 and Ritz being direct competition to this Honda, 5L starting price is not a very smart pricing strategy if they want numbers. They are again commanding a premium over its direct competition. Yes, if the car is feature-rich like the i20 and Punto then probably it is a different story all together but knowing Honda from its past I really doubt this.

Last edited by S2!!! : 20th March 2011 at 01:52.
S2!!! is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 21:11   #180
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Siddharth Patankar from NDTV caught the Brio testing.
Caught the Honda Brio testing. Damn near got stoned by Honda ... on Twitpic

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-brio.jpg
Closed Thread

Most Viewed