Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 12:08   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Thanks for ticking off Brio from my cars list!
Please wait till you TD this car. I am sure it will be worth. As far as I know, this car was developed keeping Indian families in mind and their affinity for space. Also heard this car was tested with saree clad models to check the ease of ingress and egress. This point alone can prove Honda's focus towards India as a market.
Old 19th July 2011, 12:47   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
A very important validating agency is based in Pune - ARAI. Therefore, almost all forthcoming automobiles have to make it to Pune.

Yes, you're right, dimensionally the Brio can be compared to the A-Star. There is not much leg room for the rear passengers and the luggage area can accomodate a medium size grocery bag, even the Nano's luggage area (above the rear engine) in bigger.
Thank you for your reply regarding the comparison for the car size. I feel that despite its Nano-esque proportions the car will be a good seller (unlike the A-Star) because of the Honda badging.

I also acknowledge that I know about ARAI & its location in Pune... but, does it means that these cars have to be test on Pune's roads instead of ARAI's premises. This is the reason why I have quoted on these cars running on Pune roads. Sorry, if you feel I offended, but, I have no doubt that you have sighted the cars as per your original post.
Old 19th July 2011, 13:08   #228
Senior - BHPian

With all the talk about Brio being similar in size to Alto/Nano, here are the specs.
It is longer than I10 and width is comparable to Figo.
I would say it is in the category of a I10 or a Beat.
Prices are expected to be between 4.5 to 5.5 Lakhs ex-showroom
Attached Images

Old 19th July 2011, 13:13   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
With all the talk about Brio being similar in size to Alto/Nano, here are the specs.
There is a error with Vista length
Old 19th July 2011, 13:17   #230
Senior - BHPian

Sorry about that Guna, it is 3795
Anyways, Vista is a much bigger car than Brio/I10/Ritz etc
Old 19th July 2011, 15:39   #231
BHPian

No offense, Its just that ARAI has to conduct some road worthiness trials on public roads and highways. ARAI does not have a test circuit setup that testing agencies like VDRE, Ahmednagar have.

About exterior dimensions, Hyundai's HA small car (positioned below the Santro) is slightly roomier than the Brio. I have seen this car also.

Where the Brio has chiseled lines and sharp features, the HA appears to be
rounded.
I also acknowledge that I know about ARAI & its location in Pune... but, does it means that these cars have to be test on Pune's roads instead of ARAI's premises. This is the reason why I have quoted on these cars running on Pune roads. Sorry, if you feel I offended, but, I have no doubt that you have sighted the cars as per your original post.[/quote]
Old 19th July 2011, 16:31   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Adimicra, A-Star is also there with the following dimensions:

Overall Length (mm) 3500
Overall Width (mm) 1600
Overall Height (mm) 1490
Wheel Base (mm) 2360

source : Specifications :: Inside A-Star :: Maruti Suzuki A-Star: Stop at nothing with

I guess we can still consider A-Star as a competitor in size as our friend AmarPaithankar has pointed out.
Old 19th July 2011, 17:05   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Adimicra, A-Star is also there with the following dimensions:

Overall Length (mm) 3500
Overall Width (mm) 1600
Overall Height (mm) 1490
Wheel Base (mm) 2360

source : Specifications :: Inside A-Star :: Maruti Suzuki A-Star: Stop at nothing with

I guess we can still consider A-Star as a competitor in size as our friend AmarPaithankar has pointed out.
A-star might be a competitor but it is considerably smaller than Brio in length as well as width.
But mostly depends on the design. Honda packages their cars really well.So, I would be surprised if space is less in Brio compared to its competitors.

FYI - The Brio is launched in Thailand at at the same price as Nissan Micra.
And the reports say that leg space is adequate and 4 tall adults can seat with reasonable comfort.

Guess, time will tell.
Old 19th July 2011, 18:00   #234
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have idea if Brio is coming with Diesel or not. Especially given the fact that there is no small diesel engine in Honda's stable.
The reason I am asking this questing is, if there is no Diesel on Brio, take my word Honda will have a very difficult uphill task selling the car.
Old 19th July 2011, 18:37   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Does anyone have idea if Brio is coming with Diesel or not. Especially given the fact that there is no small diesel engine in Honda's stable.
The reason I am asking this questing is, if there is no Diesel on Brio, take my word Honda will have a very difficult uphill task selling the car.
Honda doesn't have diesel engine expect for the one they use in Accord and CRV abroad. They are supposed to be developing smaller diesel engines for Civic, City etc
Important thing to consider is, Honda has been loosing to diesel cars in the segments where there are good diesels options (Accord to superb, Civic to Cruze, City to vento/verna etc) But i10/Wagnor category is different and that's why i10 and WagonR sell more then 10000 units every month. If Brio is as good as these and priced competitively, why would the lack of diesel matter so much?

Last edited by Guna : 19th July 2011 at 18:41.
Old 19th July 2011, 18:51   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Honda doesn't have diesel engine expect for the one they use in Accord and CRV abroad. They are supposed to be developing smaller diesel engines for Civic, City etc
Important thing to consider is, Honda has been loosing to diesel cars in the segments where there are good diesels options (Accord to superb, Civic to Cruze, City to vento/verna etc) But i10/Wagnor category is different and that's why i10 and WagonR sell more then 10000 units every month. If Brio is as good as these and priced competitively, why would the lack of diesel matter so much?
Civic is available in UK with 2.2 Litre diesel..the engine has got very good reviews.
Honda is developing 1.4 and 1.6 litre diesel engines for City/Jazz and Brio but those will not be available till 2013
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 20:38   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Quote:
Honda is developing 1.4 and 1.6 litre diesel engines for City/Jazz and Brio but those will not be available till 2013
Well then going by what you have mentioned, I must say Honda has a tough job ahead and unless there is going to be diesel Brio I am sorry I do not expect them to sell even around 3K.
Old 19th July 2011, 22:30   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Well then going by what you have mentioned, I must say Honda has a tough job ahead and unless there is going to be diesel Brio I am sorry I do not expect them to sell even around 3K.
It might be a mistake to write off a car even before it has hit the markets and taken on the competition.

I am also a bit skeptical about AmarPaithankar's report. He could have seen a couple of Hyundai HA camouflaged test-mules (as the car is undergoing testing right now for it's November 2011 launch) and mistaken one of them as the Brio. Remember, Honda's badge and Hyundai's badge look pretty similar as well. As per the news already given in this thread earlier, Brio's testing phases have been completed and production is in full swing for it's Diwali launch.

I don't believe that rear space in the Brio could be lesser than the HA. It's from a full segment above (1.2 vs 800), and Honda's initial Brio advertisements from it's Thailand launch (video posted earlier in this thread) has shown that the Brio has ample rear seat space, at least to fit 2 full-grown adults comfortably.

Brio is as wide as the Figo and Ritz (that's a lot of space!), is longer than the i10 and almost on par with the Beat, and stands taller than the Figo as well. That's a set of pretty respectful proportions - combine that with a competitive price to take on the petrol competition in it's particular segment, and Honda could have a real winner on their hands here. Increased localisation will help Honda immensely here - if they have taken localisation levels to 85-90% with the City and the Jazz, I don't see why the Brio would be any lesser.

I am sure they are re-positioning the facelift Jazz into the premium segment to take on the Swift, Liva, Polo etc., and the Brio could give the i10 and the Wagon R/Estilo segment a run for it's money. The least they can do is be competitive till Honda brings in it's diesels by 2013, which is not too far off either.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 23:08   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
It might be a mistake to write off a car even before it has hit the markets and taken on the competition.
Hi Raven,
Thanks for pointing out. I am not writting off the car as yet, (guess my wordings were a bit too harsh). What I actually meant is Honda themselves will only be targeting 3K as they are launching Petrol alone.
Old 19th July 2011, 23:20   #240
BHPian

wondering if it was an End of Line for Jazz.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks