Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2011, 09:05   #331
Team-BHP Support

re: Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
As i could make out from the video - the quality is very good. But the boot is minuscule AStar category, but atleast one gets good rear legroom for the boot tradeoff.
Yes, and with all those practical bits (like the one-touch rear-seat folding), it almost looks like a Mini-Jazz.

Quote:
As with many in this forum, I am a bit worried about the rear glass hatch. You see - once I got lightly bumped by a truck from rear which left a shallow dent in my hatch , but what would have happened if it was a glass hatch? you can pop a dent in metal, but you have to replace a cracked glass.
And another point is, even the hatch-locking mechanism may have to be replaced in case of a crack in the glass.
Old 7th August 2011, 09:48   #332
BHPian

Quote:
once I got lightly bumped by a truck from rear which left a shallow dent in my hatch , but what would have happened if it was a glass hatch? you can pop a dent in metal, but you have to replace a cracked glass.
I was wondering what is the cost differential between fixing a dent with color etc and replacing the hatch glass? As far as I know, even a small dent retouch costs significant money, I just don't know about the glass. Any ideas?
Old 7th August 2011, 11:15   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
I was wondering what is the cost differential between fixing a dent with color etc and replacing the hatch glass? As far as I know, even a small dent retouch costs significant money, I just don't know about the glass. Any ideas?
The best thing about glass the is, Insurance company would pay you the entire 100% cost in case of breakage, regardless of the car's age. Though you would have to pay for the sealant and other fitment, you would end up paying much lesser than for metal parts.
Old 7th August 2011, 12:59   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The best thing about glass the is, Insurance company would pay you the entire 100% cost in case of breakage, regardless of the car's age. Though you would have to pay for the sealant and other fitment, you would end up paying much lesser than for metal parts.
+1 to that. The Insurance company would pay the entire amount and I think the cost of hatch door + rear windshield should be considerably more expensive than the Brio's glass hatch. However, this logic cannot be applied to all other cars as it depends on the body design.
designersf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2011, 13:23   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The best thing about glass the is, Insurance company would pay you the entire 100% cost in case of breakage, regardless of the car's age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
+1 to that. The Insurance company would pay the entire amount and I think the cost of hatch door + rear windshield should be considerably more expensive than the Brio's glass hatch. However, this logic cannot be applied to all other cars as it depends on the body design.
Now how does this happen? As far as I know, anything other then metal will be given only 50% based on depreciation ! So how will the rear glass get 100% payment?

Also for a dent repair on the hatch, they charge 3000+ including painting for Maruti hatchbacks. For Honda, I guess it will be more. The rear glass should be equivalent or higher since the glass area is huge.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th August 2011 at 13:27.
Old 7th August 2011, 14:43   #336
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
what would be the cost difference between the normal glass and sandwiched glass? It may be cheaper to put a metal frame up to the waistline height. I am sure the current large glass itself will be expensive to replace if it breaks.
Remember till the early 80's toughened was the norm in the front glass as well. I heard that the Japs pioneered Laminated in run of the mill cars. I will be surprised if the difference is much more than Rs.1000 considering three years ago I got the front glass of my Accent changes (not A$$) for Rs.2700/- incl labour. It was not Indo Asahi but Safex Laminated.

Also, given the dent on the NCB it is cheaper not to claim glass replacement on Insurance. I will rather pocket the Rs.1500 for a Rs.5000 exclusion.

Quote:
.... But the boot is minuscule AStar category, but atleast one gets good rear legroom for the boot tradeoff.
For many of us it will be a City runabout, so boot is not a major consideration. Honda is not likely to be trying to compete on the pure VFM consideration with the Altos and A-Stars. For many buyers it may be the second (or third ..) car. I may add that once we (4-adults) with baggage travelled in an Alto from Manipal to Munnar for a five day vacation, so one can pack a fair bit in these small boots, provided you do not put a big sub-woofer in the boot.

Last edited by sgiitk : 7th August 2011 at 14:45.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2011, 23:30   #337
Senior - BHPian

Honda sure have a winner on it's hands.
All that is left for Honda to do is price it right.
Since they do not have a diesel in the offing and one is not going to be here real soon. I think the Brio will be a very important car in Honda's portfolio.
If they Brio turns out to be a success then Honda will be in a stronger position to regain it's supremacy.
If not, then they will have to lie low till a diesel mill makes it to the showroom floors.

Regarding insurance, isn't glass at 50%?
Old 8th August 2011, 00:13   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post

I think that fibre is at 50% and glass and tyres are zero.
keyur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 00:16   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Honda sure have a winner on it's hands.
All that is left for Honda to do is price it right.?
Could not stop commenting on this ! Honda ALWAYS have had winners till they announced the prices !!

But going by the recent developments, my hope is more on the positive side this time. I still feel that they might price the Brio slightly more than Swift to underline the Honda badge premium. Now lets wait n watch !

Edit
:: In the video review of the Brio in the previous page, I actually noticed an 18.7 kmpl or so recorded in the car's MID ! Now that's quite cool !

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th August 2011 at 00:18.
Old 8th August 2011, 00:22   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Could not stop commenting on this ! Honda ALWAYS have had winners till they announced the prices !!

But going by the recent developments, my hope is more on the positive side this time. I still feel that they might price the Brio slightly more than Swift to underline the Honda badge premium. Now lets wait n watch !

Edit
:: In the video review of the Brio in the previous page, I actually noticed an 18.7 kmpl or so recorded in the car's MID ! Now that's quite cool !
You are quite right, Honda has always had winners!
it's the prices which have kept them lagging behind at times.

The mileage is for sure going to be fantastic.
We are already enjoying great mileage on our ANHC.
Do stop by and check it out on my thread. ANHC Hooked and Booked.
Old 8th August 2011, 12:07   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Also, given the dent on the NCB it is cheaper not to claim glass replacement on Insurance. I will rather pocket the Rs.1500 for a Rs.5000 exclusion.
My insurance policy with Royal Sundaram has an option of paying rs.150 for some rider, which will pay me 100% for Glass breakage and yet will not affect my NCB.
But if you claim the same more than once in an year, it will affect NCB.

Last edited by Daewood : 8th August 2011 at 12:10.
Daewood is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 12:29   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Glass is always 100%. So yes it most probably will work out cheaper to get the glass replaced than fixing a dent.
Any launch dates confirmed for the Brio?
Old 8th August 2011, 12:52   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
My insurance policy with Royal Sundaram has an option of paying rs.150 for some rider, which will pay me 100% for Glass breakage and yet will not affect my NCB.
But if you claim the same more than once in an year, it will affect NCB.
Thanks for the clarification. Rs.150/- is peanuts.
This is real good news for potential Brio ownders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Glass is always 100%. So yes it most probably will work out cheaper to get the glass replaced than fixing a dent.
Any launch dates confirmed for the Brio?
Thanks for clarifying. As Daewood has posted, get a clearer picture now.
I have no confirmed dates, but what my sales rep told me was.
Facelifted Jazz ~ end August.
Brio ~ end September, or latest by Diwali.

The Brio was otherwise slated for auto expo launch early next year.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 13:03   #344
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

My guess is that the price will be lower than the Swift. They should be looking to capture some market of the petrol powered small cars. I think we’ll get an indication from how they are going to price the facelifted Jazz.
My prediction: Top variant of Brio to be priced around 75-100K less than the base variant of Jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious
In the video review of the Brio in the previous page, I actually noticed an 18.7 kmpl or so recorded in the car's MID ! Now that's quite cool !
Swift ’n’ sharp eyes
The Brio is marketed as eco-car in Thailand. Manufacturers there are allowed to have this tag advertised only if the car gives more than 20kmpl (in standard conditions). So expect the FE to be an USP!
Old 9th August 2011, 12:34   #345
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chai, Coffee & Chat

Snapped this morning.

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-img098.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-img094.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-img099i.jpg

Last edited by .anshuman : 9th August 2011 at 15:36. Reason: Watermarked the Pictures. Thanks for sharing.
kpzen is offline   (23) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks