Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2011, 21:11   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23

Saw Honda ad in news paper today. They were looking for new dealers in the Punjab region and it mentioned their small car is coming soon.
Old 24th August 2011, 21:29   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Just checked the Brio on Honda site. Though they proclaim it to be a 'prototype', I wonder if they are planning to bring in an AT too. Would be awesome!
Honda has put up an image of AT in the Brio Gallery. Should we take that as a cue
Old 24th August 2011, 21:36   #408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Honda has put up an image of AT in the Brio Gallery. Should we take that as a cue
Honda's Indian site has the pictures from Thailand, don't take them as a cue. I feel if Honda decides to give us an AT hatchback, it will be for the Jazz. Let's wait for the car to come out before speculating on anything.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 21:41   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
Hi guys, looks like honda has a good product on its hands, though the rear of the car is not appealing what so ever to me (personal opinion). The interiors also look great and I noticed one thing while looking closely at the interior pics:

1) There is no heater in the car.
2) No option to direct the air to the windscreen.
Yes this seems rather strange. Quite possible this is an extreme base model, in which they do not have a heater etc.
It's rather strange, though some markets i guess would not require it.

There certainly is no red demarcation in the thermostat which indicates this particular example most likely does not have a heater.

Also there are only two options to direct airflow within the cabin. So maybe no windscreen vent either.

What shocked me a little is when i visited the Honda India website after reading your post i saw the same switchgear in the pic posted there.
This example though has the beige interiors which we can expect on the Indian version.
Let me see if i can get any more details. Will post.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 22:04   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Just checked the Brio on Honda site. Though they proclaim it to be a 'prototype', I wonder if they are planning to bring in an AT too. Would be awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Confirmed news - the Brio AT is not coming to India.

The ASM of Honda's Central Zone confirmed this earlier today, via my area's dealer Shubh Honda. All variants of the Brio will be MT only.

I was asking on behalf of one of my friends who is planning to buy an AT with a 7-lakh budget, and I had suggested to him to wait for the Brio's launch, earlier. He has now gone for the i10 Asta AT (quoted price - 6.84L).

Sorry, guys.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 24th August 2011 at 22:07.
Old 24th August 2011, 22:28   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Confirmed news - the Brio AT is not coming to India.

The ASM of Honda's Central Zone confirmed this earlier today, via my area's dealer Shubh Honda. All variants of the Brio will be MT only.

I was asking on behalf of one of my friends who is planning to buy an AT with a 7-lakh budget, and I had suggested to him to wait for the Brio's launch, earlier. He has now gone for the i10 Asta AT (quoted price - 6.84L).

Sorry, guys.
According to one of my friend who works with a Honda dealer, there wont be a AT at the launch but it may be introduced 4-5 months later. If there is a strong response for the manual Brio, I am sure Honda will be introducing the AT sooner or later.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 00:19   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
According to one of my friend who works with a Honda dealer, there wont be a AT at the launch but it may be introduced 4-5 months later. If there is a strong response for the manual Brio, I am sure Honda will be introducing the AT sooner or later.
IMO Honda must launch Brio AT at the earliest.
There certainly is a niche market for auto hatches in India. They have been totally deprived of choices.
karty_83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 01:22   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then I took a closer look and noticed that the vent knob only has to options, direct the air to the upper vents and the 2nd option to direct the air to the upper vents and the foot area. What are owners supposed to do when the windscreen fogs up during monsoons and in winter? As a potential customer i was quite disappointed.
Good catch! Its a potential safety issue. I thought this feature is required by ARAI to pass homologation but I guess not.

BTW Tata Nano does (4-5 settings)
Old 25th August 2011, 12:24   #414
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
This is the most likely scenario. On the Jazz they may first like to bring in the 1.5 before the AT (highly unlikely). Also, while the Brio (Thai) AT is a CVT the Jazz AT will most likely be the same box which does duty in the City & Civic. More expensive for one.
Old 25th August 2011, 13:13   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Also, what market are the pics from? I see an AT shifter which seems to indicate that the car is not an India specific version. The interior are the first part to be customised under the 'horses for courses' theory.
+1, the Thai Spec City also didnt have the heater option, but in India we do have it. Also, the interiors in the Thai variant of City do not have beige, it is mostly shades of gray and black. Hence it is a horses for courses strategy adopted by Honda.

Quote:
And I guess the pictures are from Thailand, but not very sure.The Thailand spec sheet mentions only air conditioning with no mention of Climate control or heater anywhere. Has anybody got any concrete information with regards to these 2 queries?
The Brio launched in Thailand is different from what is going to be launched in India, there would be subtle changes made to cater to 'Indian tastes'. Also the Indian Brio will get the HVAC system unlike the Thai spec.
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 14:12   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
This is the most likely scenario. On the Jazz they may first like to bring in the 1.5 before the AT (highly unlikely). Also, while the Brio (Thai) AT is a CVT the Jazz AT will most likely be the same box which does duty in the City & Civic. More expensive for one.
Jazz AT abroad is 1.4 L with CVT. I don't think they will make it 1.5 with conventional AT for India alone.
Honda Jazz Hatchback 1.4 ES auto 5dr Summary - What Car?
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 14:17   #417
BANNED

@guna; I stand corrected. I doubt that Honda have the volumes to justify another engine. So it will have to be the 1.2 (abbreviated 1.5) or the 1.5. CVT will be good, I guess it owes its DNA to City Mk.II.

Why I mentioned 1.5 was that at time Honda did announce plans for a forthcoming 1.5 (with AT hanging in the air), which they withdrew six months plus later.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2011, 18:06   #418
BHPian

Looks like the media drive for the Honda Brio is being organised at Vizag (as per FB post by Top Gear India (Top Gear India | Facebook).

Mods, can we expect the Team-BHP TD before Friday pls?
Old 30th August 2011, 19:42   #419
Senior - BHPian

So when we are exactly expecting the Brio? During Diwali or in December.

Launch before Diwali will be better for Honda as this is the peak sales season especially for small cars.
Old 30th August 2011, 20:04   #420
BHPian

The launch could be sometime in September 3rd week, with deliveries commencing just before the festive season. No official comment available though.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks