Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2010, 16:29   #31
BHPian

Not impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Honda is entering the i10, A star, Santro, Estilo segment. It would be a miracle for Honda to be pricing this car near its competitors, as we all know how Honda has gone on to price its products in India.

Interesting time ahead to see how Honda goes about this.
The expected price is said to be $13,300. That translates into around Rs 6lakhs!!
(Source: Honda shows BRIO city car prototype)

Have a look at the dash & boot. Nano class written all over! (See image gallery by following above link).
Old 30th November 2010, 16:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

Whats wrong with the ideology of Honda and Toyota

Whats wrong with Honda and Toyota they are the ones who pioneered the concept of global cars.. Now they have gone with specializing for India whereas GM Ford and Hyundai are launching thier global cars in India.

That boot reminds me of early days' Maruti 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
Is it just me? I find the dimensions to be very small like A-Star in these pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
.....liva, even though its interior reminds me of the a-star.
+1 to all you guys, the car looks like one funny verison of A star it beats Astar in the ugliness dept. Bravo Honda, if priced improperly this would nail the coffin on all new launches of Honda.

Last edited by xingamazon : 30th November 2010 at 16:33.
Old 30th November 2010, 17:15   #33
BHPian

A Honda that looks like it has been inspired by the Verna Transform (grill and air dam), the A-star (overall proportions, design and interior), the Fiat 500 (side profile) and the Beat (rear)?
I only hope the space utilization is good, like in the other Hondas!
The bright side, though, is the 1.2 mill. If the horses are retained, this'll be one zippy hatch!
Curious to know how it would be priced.
Old 30th November 2010, 17:18   #34
Senior - BHPian

Some bigger images from netcarshow.com

Whats going wrong with Jap designers?

Nissan Micra, Etios, Brio, A-star, ritz etc are all examples of awful hit-by-a-sledgehammer-rear designs.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-hondabrio_concept_2010_1600x1200_wallpaper_01.jpg  

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-hondabrio_concept_2010_1600x1200_wallpaper_02.jpg  

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-hondabrio_concept_2010_1600x1200_wallpaper_03.jpg  

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-hondabrio_concept_2010_1600x1200_wallpaper_04.jpg  

Old 30th November 2010, 17:19   #35
BHPian

Beige Overdose in the interiors but that's not a major fault.

From a rear 3 qtr angle it actually reminded me of the old Santro... not to mention the hideous green also copied from the old Santro.

No lessons learnt by Honda during the spectator response at the Auto Expo 2010 - just look at the size of the rear door glass.

Maybe Honda can plonk in a 1.0l engine in this to reduce the price, because by 2011 more features could become the standard norms and Honda is not known to offer value for money, per se. They do not appear to ever compromise with quality, though.
Old 30th November 2010, 17:42   #36
BHPian

Great looking car. Wonder why all of these new cars have started debuting in dark shades of green? In with the times?

BH.
Old 30th November 2010, 17:49   #37
BANNED

Front looks quite nice. Honda should not overprice it. The interiors are horrible. Looks like the stereo was designed for the LHD version.
Old 30th November 2010, 17:51   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The stereo placement is an ergonomic disaster. Do I have to stretch my hands that far
May be this is meant for Co Driver's use only . IMHO, it looks like updated version of Beat.
Old 30th November 2010, 18:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Even the boot capacity looks small at the pic, going by the jazz packaging, hope the reverse is true.
Old 30th November 2010, 18:02   #40
BHPian

I think it looks quite good except that the tail lights are too low-set. If it had christmas-tree style tail lights, it would have looked really good.

It does have a resemblance to the Beat. And that is a problem for Honda: avant-garde styled small cars like the Beat and the Brio may not sell well in the Indian market.
Old 30th November 2010, 18:06   #41
AWD
BHPian

Look at the rear doors, they are too small for comfort. Ingress & egress will be a pain. This also means rear legroom will be less. Add to that low boot capacity & we are looking at a usual hatch next-door!
Old 30th November 2010, 18:16   #42
BHPian

the car looks like one funny verison of A star it beats Astar in the ugliness dept.

+1 to that..

No class in design.. Function over form anyone??
Old 30th November 2010, 18:25   #43
BHPian

I feel that Brio looks good in terms of overall effort. The looks will grow on you and become acceptable over time. And being a Honda, a premium is always on the plate.

It would sell well if priced south of 5L. From the photos, Honda seem to have maximized passenger space with a splash and dash of comfort. Usability seems to be the mantra on their mind. Plus a price point to beat.
Old 30th November 2010, 18:28   #44
Senior - BHPian

Is it just me? I find the car good looking, the rear glass area is actually to my liking and is not as bad as Ritz'. However, the car looks too small for its wheels, aren't the oversized, I presume they are 15".

Needless to say that the price is to be right, but I did read somewhere that Honda will try and launch it at ~500000 INR. The version in the pics is an AT version if the price quoted is for AT 610000 seems a good price.

The interiors are ok. The integrated head rests are not to my taste, too much of beige. However the dashboard looks cool and as mentioned earlier stereo placement is queer. Heard that the standard version comes with ABS, so lets wait and see how does it go.
Old 30th November 2010, 18:41   #45
BHPian

For me Brio interiors looks almost like i10, it may get better heart. May be this is the plan of Honda. Honda came up with Jazz with near-by price of city and city sales went up, now what if they launch Brio around 6 and Jazz gets more sales?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed