Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2011, 21:27   #466
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23

The interiors of the Brio -

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_32.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_35.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_36.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_45.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_31.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_34.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_17.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_16.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_40.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_37.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_61.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_38.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_39.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_50.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_43.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_44.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_55.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_41.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_42.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_70.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_29.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_30.jpg

The alloys -

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_14.jpg

The Urban Titanium shade on the Brio -

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_07.jpg

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-2012_honda_brio_08.jpg

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Do make sure that you provide the references/original source for every piece of material that has been taken from another website/publication, to give credit to the original author.

Please PM us with the link / source so that we may edit the post and include it appropriately.

Last edited by .anshuman : 1st September 2011 at 23:11. Reason: see note in post
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 21:43   #467
BHPian

While the interior looks good, IMO the i10 would still walk away with the honour of having the best interior for its class.
Old 1st September 2011, 22:05   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

To answer a few questions posed in this thread earlier -

Rear bench space/legroom/headroom -

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-bebe3e59cd4fbb8fd41583c3c49eb911_555x416_1.jpg

Boot space -

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-303bb53c1e075c080cb74fee0bdfce2f_555x416_1.jpg

Space in the front glove box -

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-52aa390d4ace3fa6f1a12c8e5dda7761_555x416_1.jpg

The large rear windshield as seen from the inside -

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-08bff3485bba84e11feb6d568b1bc5c9_555x416_1.jpg

Pics courtesy - oncars.in & Bobby Roy from Gaadi.com

Complete review - First Drive Review: Honda Brio V (MT) | Latest Autos & Car Articles | OnCars.in
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 22:07   #469
BHPian

no rear wiper either, being a hatch its gonna muck up like crazy and i am sure viibility is gonna be a big big issue during the monsoons!
Old 1st September 2011, 22:08   #470
Senior - BHPian

Looks pretty smart and I like what I'm seeing inside out. Large glass area on the rear looks radical and I seem to like the rear more than the front. Looks reasonably spacious and feature list is par for the course. This car definitely has lot of potential and if priced right, has all the makings to become a best seller. The interiors may not really be in the league of i10/beat but hopefully the quality of the parts should be pretty good.

I wish they had removed the huge chrome grill housing the front logo though - Looks awkward in otherwise a nice little car IMO. Honda seems to be making all the right moves in the recent times, I wish them all the best.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 22:15   #471
Senior - BHPian

The beige color glove box cover is really looking bad :( It doesn't match with the other theme. It really looks odd. Don't know why Honda did like this?

Rear is also very weird. No idea why Honda has made it with so much glass. In metal i would say it would have looked much better. Boot space is definitely one area of concern. Hardly 2-3 handbags will fit into it. They should have made boot at least 250 Lit. Overall package looks good. Interior space as per initial reviews is good thats a pleasant surprise.

Lets see how Honda price it. All will depend on the cut throat pricing in that segment. With Jazz's recent price i am sure Honda will keep it really competitive. Other manufacturer's watch out !!!
Old 1st September 2011, 22:28   #472
Distinguished - BHPian

The interiors look decent. The placement of the central dash is different and interesting. The rear looks very attractive actually. But Somehow it doesn't gel with the rest of the car according to me or vice versa. Though I love the huge rear glass. Honda will surely find a lot of buyers if they price this bang in I10 territory.
Old 1st September 2011, 22:29   #473
Senior - BHPian

Empire strikes back! Honda had for long been playing second fiddle to Hyundai. But now looks like tables are about to be turned on Hyundai. Hyundai is simply no match for the aura around honda brand. I am sure i10 will be badly hit.
Old 1st September 2011, 23:11   #474
Senior - BHPian

The car looks very good outside.
The great looks outside are not much reflected inside, on the inside its a good car of course but not the best. Like someone said i10 still is a winner in this area.

The boot space as expected is nothing worth thinking of, dont think it would even fit a normal size suitcase.

But in general, I would say its not a major goof up, honda has worked hard to make sure most of people are happy. Its not too stylistic nor too bland. Good work Honda,
Old 1st September 2011, 23:24   #475
BHPian

Looks good.. but the boot space is almost non-existent
Old 1st September 2011, 23:30   #476
Senior - BHPian

Seems like Honda has a hit on their hands. I feared for rear legroom, but then noted that curved driver and passenger seat that releases up some room. Lots of little touches like that and the Honda badge should be enough to see this really eat into the Beat, i10, et al easily. Go Honda...about time they entered the lower end of the market!
Old 2nd September 2011, 00:47   #477
BHPian

Guys my family rejected jazz because they believe that service and spare costs for honda will be very high. Now I m liking Brio too. Is the usual guise of high cost of Honda vehicles compared to maruti /Hyundai in spares and service dept very true? How correct is this assumption? Any expert advice?
Old 2nd September 2011, 09:10   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback
Guys my family rejected jazz because they believe that service and spare costs for honda will be very high. Now I m liking Brio too. Is the usual guise of high cost of Honda vehicles compared to maruti /Hyundai in spares and service dept very true? How correct is this assumption? Any expert advice?
Acroback, in my opinion and coming from experience of owning Honda city and maruti wagon r. I'll say from service perspective Honda is same if not cheaper than maruti, found maruti service center even the company owned to be pushing not required services such as decarbonization etc even at 20k level. When it comes to spares Honda might be more expensive but are far more reliable parts , my wagon r suspension konked off at 17k but Honda goes strong at 100k+.
Net long term ownership might be cheaper for Honda and add excellent resale value
Old 2nd September 2011, 09:33   #479
Senior - BHPian

Some observations:

1.Dont like those road Ac vents,especially the one beside the intrument panel,reminds me of the Etios!
2.Front legroom look good,and deeply scooped glovebox frees up more space.
3.Lovely seats,and fabric and sides are well bolstered.
4.Ac controls look flimsy,especially the panel on which the knobs are attached to.
5.Innovative instrument panel,red backlighting would have looked nice."Eco" lights up when car is being driven economically?
6.Rear power window controls remind me of the Indica,prefer the ones which are integrated onto the armrest.
7.Build quality,good!
8.Pathetic boot space.
Old 2nd September 2011, 09:34   #480
BANNED

Looks good. They seem to have taken criticism of the huge rear glass in a way, smoking a large part of the bottom. Looks good, it is not totally opaque (see the rear of the grey car in post no.466 above), of course the criticism about the hazard of being rear ended remains.

Thank God, the screen defogging setting, and the heater are there!

Last edited by sgiitk : 2nd September 2011 at 09:37.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed