Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2011, 11:36   #571
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23

Look at it this way for the Brio -

- It's small.

- It's excellent on interior space management.

- It has a superb 1.2L engine.

- It can sit 4 adults comfortably.

- It has nice, well-rounded looks.

- It takes care of two important questions for the Indian buyer - "Kitna deti hai?" and "Kitna leti hai?"

- It's quality, fit and finish are unmistakably top class.

- It's a Honda.

What more does one want?!

("Bacche ki jaan lega kya!")
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 15:06   #572
Senior - BHPian

Just got a call from the Local Honda dealer here, the Brio is officially being launched in Delhi on the 27th September and on 28th September, in Mumbai. Lets hope they have an automatic version which will be pitched against the i10, which presently is ruling roost in the small hatch auto segment, over and above the A star which is considerably cheaper.
V-16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 15:09   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Just got a call from the Local Honda dealer here, the Brio is officially being launched in Delhi on the 27th September and on 28th September, in Mumbai. Lets hope they have an automatic version which will be pitched against the i10, which presently is ruling roost in the small hatch auto segment, over and above the A star which is considerably cheaper.
Did your dealer give you an approximate pricing on Brio?

Thanks for sharing launch dates.

Last edited by acroback : 7th September 2011 at 15:15.
Old 7th September 2011, 15:12   #574
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Lets hope they have an automatic version which will be pitched against the i10
Honda Brio will only be available in Manual Transmission for now. The CVT Automatic Transmission which is sold in Thailand in top variant in Thailand could have been a great addition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Did your dealer gave you an approximate pricing on Brio?

Thank for sharing launch dates.
Nobody except Honda has any details about pricing, everything that is doing rounds is either speculation or guesses.

Last edited by .anshuman : 7th September 2011 at 15:23. Reason: Posts Merged.
Old 7th September 2011, 15:27   #575
BANNED

@.anshuman; I will not expect the AT to show up till the demand for the MT is met. By all accounts the Brio should have a brisk demand, and Honda has twin challenges - scale up production, and even more so scale up service to meet the demand without sacrificing quality. Only when they have these two under control should they think about adding an AT. I will be very surprised if the AT does not shown up in either the Brio (more likely) or the Jazz.

@acroback; In its simplest form you can look at the CVT as a belt connecting two conical pulleys. It rides up and down (opposite on the other pulley)as the gearing requirement changes. As the speed increases, the drive pulley goes to a larger size the driven pulley goes to a smaller diameter, and vice versa. Voila the gearing is changed for a continuous variation of the ratio. The CVT is a more efficient and lighter AT, but has one major problem; called rubber banding. In this the engine rpm does not change and just the gear ratio is changed as the speed of the vehicle changes. A very uncanny feeling for the driver. Many of the modern 7- and 8- speed boxes are essentially CVTs with fixed ratios.
sgiitk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 16:55   #576

Exactly, I was very tempted to buy the A star ZXi with ABS and all the goodies thrown in with the stupendous discounts given by Maruti dealer at Bangalore who were giving a discount of atleast 70k overall after exchanging back my ten year old ZEN. After leading the reviews of the positive and negatives attributes of A-star, i somehow declined after reading the pre-launch reviews of Honda Brio over print and electronic media. No dount, A star is VFM good car with excellent engine, mileage, suspension, chassis but lack of space and 3pot cylinder just put me off. Iam so used to riding a 4cylinder MPFI engine in ZEN, i found that I will be WANTING in a 3pot cylinder with just a 66bhp 90kgm torque. I was also interested in buying the New Swift and the new (rather not great additions) with the pricing on the higher side just for a facelift coupled with the humungous waiting period for two months for a petrol version put me really off.

Lets hope Honda just not do the unbelievable " Pricing" word into a misnomer. If they get a competitive pricing, then it will definitely eat into the share of New Swift, i10s, Livas. Also, most urban women prefer a snob value car like Honda to drive around shopping than a rather over populated i10s and Swifts.
ajay_msingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 17:12   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Did your dealer give you an approximate pricing on Brio?
Thanks for sharing launch dates.
I did ask him but he was clueless, said he thinks they would start in the 4.5 lac-ish range but no official confirmation.
Old 8th September 2011, 00:49   #578
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Support: Our Official Honda Brio review is here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ve-review.html Please continue discussion on this car in the new thread. Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 8th September 2011 at 01:15. Reason: Removing http"S" from your link
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed