Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2010, 22:49   #61
Senior - BHPian

Well, the prototype design is radical & good looking indeed like the Beat, but this being India, I think Honda will make some changes to it. I feel this actual design might not make it to India and it will be 'toned' down to meet the conservative Indian tastes. And seriously, Honda should now at-least think of bringing a diesel engine anywhere in it's line-up. C'mon Honda, even the newbies (read Nissan) are launching diesel variants!!
Old 30th November 2010, 23:02   #62
Senior - BHPian

The rear appears to be pinched off. Funny. The same design language of the other japanese hatchbacks. Term it Japbacks.
Old 30th November 2010, 23:10   #63
Senior - BHPian

Looks good! If only Honda had diesel engines. It should be a big hit unlike the odd-shaped Jazz. Crystal-clear tail-light is really good. But why did Honda mount the tail-light so low? These days tail-lights are climbing higher and higher. Still, a good looking car. Much better looking than ugly Micra and Etios. Though car is good name isn't. Brio? Sounds like someone just burped!
Old 30th November 2010, 23:14   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Google says, "1 Thai baht = 1.52285688 Indian rupees". That means 6L for this?
Honda city cost 694,000 Thai baht that is almost 10.5lk INR. But in India (Bangalore Ex showroom for v) City is only 9.34lk. 1.15 lk difference, if same rule apply then the car will be priced 5.25 lk INR.

Btw , Car look pretty neat to me, They might be planning remove 1 cylinder from the 1.2 ltr Jazz and make it 3 pot 70 BHP.

Last edited by vvvinod : 30th November 2010 at 23:24.
Old 1st December 2010, 02:05   #65
BHPian

The car look good to me. Being a Honda, we can be assured that nothing will be cheapo-fied to fit a budget, agreed that means they might have to omit some features to fit it at 5L.
Old 1st December 2010, 02:23   #66
Team-BHP Support

Dont know why, but the design as such looks fine to me. In fact, i find this car much better looking than the A-star!

However, the interriors surely do look queer!
Old 1st December 2010, 06:35   #67
Senior - BHPian

Very nice car. Liked it straightaway.

The hatch is a real novelty, the car looks low slung and very funky, young at heart. Its more in the same ballpark as the BEAT.

Now its the price that I'm waiting for.

Also, how is the back seat leg-room?
Old 1st December 2010, 08:12   #68
BANNED

So Honda too started copying others. The first impression - Chevy Beat with some face-lift.
This design will only attract the college boys/girls and not the rest of the categories.
Old 1st December 2010, 08:27   #69
BHPian

Looks neat, little radical, but over all not bad. Hope they get the price points right and do not take the Jazzy decision on the price tag!
Old 1st December 2010, 08:52   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
1 Baht = Rs. 1.52 or roughly 6 Lakhs. Honda will do another Jazz with this car.
Thailand spec is usually with CVT and other features. So it will be cheaper in India for sure.

This is actually good news! if it is only 600000 in Thailand, it should be around 500000 or lower here
Old 1st December 2010, 09:31   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
benbsb29 : Dont know why, but the design as such looks fine to me. In fact, i find this car much better looking than the A-star!
+1. One prototype (if this is still one) that I would actually like to go into production without changes !

Quote:
sidindica : I wont comment on the rear until I see the car in person. I want to see the dashboard.
Sid, you say you haven't seen the car in person, or seen the dash. .. and yet :
Quote:
sidindica : .. the stereo placement is an ergonomic disaster. Do I have to stretch my hands that far? Its placed too close to the co driver.
Do you think Honda (or any other manufacturer) would not have thought about this aspect ? They would not have tested such a layout for ease / discomfort for the driver ? And the effect of such ease/discomfort on the driving ?

Quote:
sidindica : And the full glass hatch opening is not something good from Safety POV.
The hatch glass is still (looking) smaller than the front windshield of the Civic or even the Jazz. So those two cars will be less safer than this one ?

Quote:
sidindica : Whats going wrong with Jap designers ?

Nissan Micra, Etios, Brio, A-star, ritz etc are all examples of awful hit-by-a-sledgehammer-rear designs.
Is the Beat any better ? IMO the Beat is actually most grotesque / radical of the lot. Agreed Etios is no beauty queen. But what's wrong in the Brio's design ? It is actually the best of the cars you have menitoned - and more.

There's a nice flow to the lines. Quite intentional ..

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-briolines.jpg

Quote:
sidindica : Even the boot capacity looks small at the pic, going by the jazz packaging, hope the reverse is true.
The Jazz is not a small hatch. How can you compare the boot capacity of the Jazz with the Brio's ?
Old 1st December 2010, 10:01   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The dash looks fantastic but the stereo placement is an ergonomic disaster. Do I have to stretch my hands that far? Its placed too close to the co driver. And the full glass hatch opening is not something good from Safety POV.
+1. Looks like Honda wants only the Co driver to operate the stereo. Too far from driver's reach. From the front, the car looks good but the rear is plain ugly. Even Ritz hatch looks better than this.

Last edited by Nitrous Power : 1st December 2010 at 10:12.
Old 1st December 2010, 10:17   #73
BHPian

For less than 500,000 Rs in India.

Old 1st December 2010, 11:34   #74
BHPian

The interior pics show this as an automatic. No idea if Honda will launch the auto but the manual will definitely cost less. Under 5 lacs should be the target otherwise say hello to the new "Jazz"
Old 1st December 2010, 11:45   #75
BHPian

For me the car looks good. I dont see anything ugly as some members have commented. The rear looks different agreed. The least interesting thing about the car is its interiors.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed