Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2011, 17:03   #151
BHPian

re: Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23

All Honda products are expensive and its highly unlikely that Brio will be sold for anything less 5 lakhs.
Old 17th March 2011, 17:05   #152
Senior - BHPian

Wow, I'm surprised they decided to keep that hitech and expensive engine from the Jazz. So where exactly are they saving money? its still a 4m car with 4 doors and a hatch.

Looks sleek in side profile. Rear 3/4 is really akward..
Old 17th March 2011, 17:13   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

The front of the Brio resembles the Jazz pretty much. Any information on the parts sharing between the Jazz and Brio.

The specs seems good, but the main task for Honda this time is pricing. Waiting to see how this Honda will be priced.
Old 17th March 2011, 17:32   #154
Senior - BHPian

Is it an LHD modified into RHD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
IMO, it looks better then A-Star, i10, Ritz and no way Honda will price it near to these.
Looking at the small rear doors I doubt it will have enough space at the rear!
Price is what will make the difference.

More pics from ACI.
Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-hondabrio2.jpg
When I take a look at the pedal well and the passenger leg well, the angle of the ICE, and the contour of the left and right side of the dash board, it seems that the dash is for an LHD car and they have just modified to suit an RHD, without changing much? Even the glove box is angled towards left!
Anyone get the same feeling?
Old 17th March 2011, 17:45   #155
Senior - BHPian

Pics are on the Honda's site

Honda Car India

Here's the rear
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-img_3.jpg  

Old 17th March 2011, 20:06   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Wow, I'm surprised they decided to keep that hitech and expensive engine from the Jazz. So where exactly are they saving money? its still a 4m car with 4 doors and a hatch.
They will save significant amount on interiors. From the looks of it, interiors are few shades below Jazz, integrated head-reast, thin seats (like Etios), minimalistic dash, seats, the overall material, no magic seats etc - there is just no comparison with Jazz quality IMO. I am sure they can save a lot with these downgrades - plus it will not spook off Jazz owners by making it "almost jazz" at 25% discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Pics are on the Honda's site

Honda Car India

Here's the rear
Not that bad, IMO the rear look will grow as we see more and more of these on road.

Direct Bhat to INR conversion would make it Rs 5.9 Lac for base, just not possible. I would stick my neck out and say Honda India will price it at about Rs 4.75 Lacs for the base version and at that price, it should do well!

To my eyes, it looks classy. BTW, what's up with the green color? yet another manufacturer chooses to showcase its car in green

Last edited by SunilM : 17th March 2011 at 20:15.
Old 17th March 2011, 23:41   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
The dimensions stand as 3610 * 1485 * 1680 ( l * w * h )
Correction : 3610 * 1680 * 1485 ( l * w * h )

Some more details : http://www.autocarindia.com/news/hon...eiled-thailand
Old 18th March 2011, 00:07   #158
BHPian

This car may become the best city hatch available with Jazz engine, lighter body and all Honda DNA intact with sensible pricing.

For its size, its smaller than Swift, so should be priced on par with Swift and Ritz and nothing more.

The design is Funky and modern just like Chevy Beat. Huge costs are saved due to the glass tail gate instead of sheet metal, wonder if it ever sells in Europe and satisfy safety norms.

I would get a Brio any day over boring looking but proportionate Etios Liva for the looks alone.

Last edited by v.anand : 18th March 2011 at 00:08.
Old 18th March 2011, 00:13   #159
BHPian

I really liked the design of this hatch save for the dash, but could not quite imagine where it would stand among its peers. Thought of pulling some figures from carwale.com (which I believe is also a very informative site) and tried a comparison of the current Thai offering with its Indian peers. It might not be a true comparison but what I was trying to achieve was a ballpark. So here it is.

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-height_comparo.jpg

If the Indian Brio maintains the same proportions then I wonder if this car would be a low-slung, fast and spacious hatch based on height, power to weight ratio and width respectively. Probably!
KameshR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2011, 09:28   #160
Senior - BHPian

some more pics from carscoop.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-hondabrio1.jpg  

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-hondabrio2.jpg  

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-hondabrio3.jpg  

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-hondabrio4.jpg  

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-hondabrio5.jpg  

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-hondabrio6.jpg  

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-hondabrio7.jpg  

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-hondabrio8.jpg  

Old 18th March 2011, 10:38   #161
BHPian

The car no doubts look futuristic & shows cost cutting done by the Honda for the Asian market. I doubt whether this will be introduced to European markets.

I have noticed one thing that there is no clear picture of boot space. All pics are showing with rear seats folded. I doubt that the boot space will be small enough to carry luggage for four persons for long trip. It might be smaller than Chevolet Beat also.

Can we have any pics of boot space or the capacity from boot space mentioned in Honda Thai site.

Last edited by <Badguy> : 18th March 2011 at 10:39.
Old 18th March 2011, 10:43   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Austin View Post
Does this forebode the farewell for Jazz in India ?
On the contrary, if the Brio and Jazz end up sharing a majority of the components, then the mass-of-scale could work in favour of the Jazz.

Looking for a 5L price-tag on the Brio and a reduction in price of the Jazz to about 7L. That'd be ideal.
Old 18th March 2011, 11:05   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
On the contrary, if the Brio and Jazz end up sharing a majority of the components, then the mass-of-scale could work in favour of the Jazz.

Looking for a 5L price-tag on the Brio and a reduction in price of the Jazz to about 7L. That'd be ideal.

I hope Honda will launch Brio - 1.2 IVTEC for a price of 5 lac and relaunch Jazz with 1.5 IVTEC at a price range of 7.5 Lacs.
Old 18th March 2011, 11:18   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Look at what they have done to you Its an old marketing funda (although Honda has marketed Jazz very poorly: albeit it didn't have anything to play with the ambitious pricing). Raise the price of product to already higher than normal levels. Once people warm up to it, reduce the price slightly. People tend to perceive the product as a bargain whereas in reality it is STILL OVERPRICED.

The Jazz should have originally retailed for no more than 5.5 lacs ex showroom for the base version. I am happy that it flopped.
Old 18th March 2011, 11:31   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
The Jazz should have originally retailed for no more than 5.5 lacs ex showroom for the base version. I am happy that it flopped.

I fully agree. Let us stop buying all overpriced and ugly looking cars, irrespective of make, so that manufacturers wake up and give us good looking and reasonably priced cars.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed