Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2011, 09:32   #211
BHPian

re: Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The CVT version is on offer in Thailand. Its still not sure whether Honda will offer this in India. My gut feeling is that, it might come later, if this model becomes a success in India. Please note that very recently, Honda for the first time has even resorted to cut price of their car that too the flagship model. This indicates that they have learnt pricing is the key in India, so they would want to play a safe game with Brio trying to price it sensibly!
My information says CVT is on the cards already. Now the cost card to be played in intelligent way or it might see the same fate as Jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Its slated for September I guess. It should anyway come by October as the festival time starts.
My guess would be launch in end of November or early december seeing the testing time cars normally takes.
Old 5th July 2011, 14:55   #212
BHPian

Saw the test vehicle with TC plates in the GN Chetty Road towards T. Nagar Bus Depot.

The car had no camouflage, was in its flesh completely (Silver Grey colour). Some side graphics on the doors about Honda brand (Could be some test drive vehicle).

The engine sound was good, had a nice little lull to it. The vehicle handled quite well in the traffic (means turning radius is low & steering must be light).

Couldn't take pix, as I was driving my bike and was difficult to get near it in traffic. If Honda price it well, unlike their other cars, this one will be a best seller.
Old 5th July 2011, 20:02   #213
Senior - BHPian

I spoke to Peninsular Honda two days ago to enquire about the launch. The salesgirl said that it would debut in September according to the info they had.

Last edited by wilful : 5th July 2011 at 20:03. Reason: typo
Old 5th July 2011, 20:10   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
My information says CVT is on the cards already
Talk about differentiation and USPs, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
My guess would be launch in end of November or early December seeing the testing time cars normally takes.
Hmmm, could be. The "ideal" time would have been the Diwali time since a lot of people buy news cars at this time. And for me the best way to get couple of more sales is being the first mover taking the lime light before the new models [with rest of the parameters also favoring]. I am sure some new models + refreshes are lined up for 2011 Diwali, so earlier the better.

Again since the engine is the tried & tested one, I would have liked to see the launch in October itself [being Optimistic].

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 5th July 2011 at 20:12.
Old 12th July 2011, 14:44   #215
Senior - BHPian

Note from Mod: This thread is about the Honda Brio. Please refrain from posting about the showroom discounts available on the Jazz in this thread. Thanks.
Stratos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2011, 11:43   #216
Senior - BHPian

The new Swift is bigger on inside and outside. Has better room (for sure in rear) and larger boot capacity. The interiors too seem much upmarket when compared to the Brio.

The new Variable tech engine churning with Honda's i-vtech matches in power and torque with Honda but driveability is expected to be better in the Swift.

FE too is expected to the same in Swift and Brio.
Swift Kerb weight would be approx 10 -30 kgs more than the Brio which is less than 5% difference.

Honda has to price this lower than the Swift to take on competition like I10. Against the Swift, it does not seem to win at-least on paper if priced same as Swift.

Last edited by dipen : 17th July 2011 at 11:45.
Old 17th July 2011, 11:58   #217
BHPian

In less than 2 years the price of Petrol has shot up more than Rs 20 Per Liter, this kind of increase effects even one's who travel 600-800 kms a month significanty. Now car like Nano and Indica EV2 Diesel have started looking like good cars to buy.

Sorry posted in the wrong thread ! was intended for some other thread, but go to see of it makes some relavence here too.

Last edited by musicmanaman : 17th July 2011 at 11:59.
Old 17th July 2011, 12:52   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
1 Baht = Rs. 1.52 or roughly 6 Lakhs. Honda will do another Jazz with this car.
with you mate. Honda should make it competitive by pricing it around Rs.4.5 Lakhs range. BTW I'm still waiting for the car to plan as a gift for my dad, but with the above 6 lakhs pricing would go for New Swift.
Old 17th July 2011, 22:16   #219
Senior - BHPian

I am looking forward to a Beat Diesel + AT or the Brio + CVT as the next car to buy. As my running is to be around 1300-1500 kms per month once I go back to India - diesel makes sense. But with good petrol FE, the Honda engine is also a good proposition. Eagerly awaiting launch of the Brio. But only if they price it around 5.2 to 5.5 lakhs for the top end (same price for which I bought my i10) - otherwise it might suffer the same fate as Jazz
Old 18th July 2011, 05:54   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I am looking forward to a Beat Diesel + AT or the Brio + CVT as the next car to buy. As my running is to be around 1300-1500 kms per month once I go back to India - diesel makes sense. But with good petrol FE, the Honda engine is also a good proposition. Eagerly awaiting launch of the Brio. But only if they price it around 5.2 to 5.5 lakhs for the top end (same price for which I bought my i10) - otherwise it might suffer the same fate as Jazz
Blackasta - I feel pretty certain that Honda has learnt its lesson and will price the Brio on par (or thereabouts) with the i10. The CVT, if launched, will be at the AT i10 price and should be definitely a better bet as far as FE is concerned if nothing else, since by all accounts (from feedback in town here) the i10 is not quite there in that department. I am also hoping to see the CVT in the facelifted Jazz.
Unfortunately car manufacturers don't seem to want to try an A/T verion in diesel hatches. The cheapest diesel A/T car (a sedan) is the Verna which costs 11.9 lacs on road in Cochin.
Old 18th July 2011, 11:53   #221
BHPian

The India bound Honda Brio hatch and Hyundai's HA are currently being tested on Pune's roads. Whenever I saw one, I was either without a camera or got into a tussle with the drivers!

I noticed some points about the Brio:
1) The only positive point about the Brio is the HONDA badge.
2) Rear leg room is poor (marginally more than the Alto's). Rear seats cramped.
3) Boot space is next to non existent
4) Overall dimensions are identical to Alto.
5) Styling not path-breaking (Liva is better off)
6) A proper rear hatch is absent, it is just the rear windshield that is extended.
Old 18th July 2011, 13:54   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
The India bound Honda Brio hatch and Hyundai's HA are currently being tested on Pune's roads. Whenever I saw one, I was either without a camera or got into a tussle with the drivers!

I noticed some points about the Brio:
1) The only positive point about the Brio is the HONDA badge.
2) Rear leg room is poor (marginally more than the Alto's). Rear seats cramped.
3) Boot space is next to non existent
4) Overall dimensions are identical to Alto.
5) Styling not path-breaking (Liva is better off)
6) A proper rear hatch is absent, it is just the rear windshield that is extended.
It is strange that a Chennai based car manufacturer & another based in NOIDA are testing their cars in Pune... unusual location IMO.

Further, in reference to your observations in points # 2, 3 & 4, can I infer that it is more similar to A-Star (because of the higher roofline as compared to Alto), or if it is only as high as the Indian Alto, it is a small my any standards.
Old 18th July 2011, 13:57   #223
Senior - BHPian

Brio's dimension are almost similar to Swift (slightly less) and more than I10. Don't know why it looked same as Alto.
Space should be good as Honda is a master of packaging small cars.
Old 18th July 2011, 13:57   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
Thanks for ticking off Brio from my cars list!
Old 18th July 2011, 20:17   #225
BHPian

A very important validating agency is based in Pune - ARAI. Therefore, almost all forthcoming automobiles have to make it to Pune.

Yes, you're right, dimensionally the Brio can be compared to the A-Star. There is not much leg room for the rear passengers and the luggage area can accomodate a medium size grocery bag, even the Nano's luggage area (above the rear engine) in bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
It is strange that a Chennai based car manufacturer & another based in NOIDA are testing their cars in Pune... unusual location IMO.

Further, in reference to your observations in points # 2, 3 & 4, can I infer that it is more similar to A-Star (because of the higher roofline as compared to Alto), or if it is only as high as the Indian Alto, it is a small my any standards.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks