Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2011, 07:17   #256
BHPian

re: Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23

Interesting to observe:

a. Brio has the "pull" type handle - good to see that unlike many hatchback which have the "liftback" type;
b. In the India version the hatch appears to have a hatch opener unlike the one that is pictured in post # 252 above (which probably has a remote opening).
Old 29th July 2011, 09:45   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
Interesting to observe:

a. Brio has the "pull" type handle - good to see that unlike many hatchback which have the "liftback" type;
b. In the India version the hatch appears to have a hatch opener unlike the one that is pictured in post # 252 above (which probably has a remote opening).
Somewhere I also noticed that the hatch had the telescopic mount/stopper on only one side!
Old 29th July 2011, 10:08   #258
Senior - BHPian

IMHO it looks longer and wider than the Santro in the pics.
I hope Honda prices it well. It will be a real game changer for Honda if they do.
It looks like a fantastic product, I can't wait to get my hands on one, for a test drive ofcourse
Old 29th July 2011, 11:12   #259
Senior - BHPian

The car looks promising.
Is it only me who feels that the Thai Version with the black glass on the rear looks much more sexier than the Indian version?
Old 29th July 2011, 11:17   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
The car looks promising.
Is it only me who feels that the Thai Version with the black glass on the rear looks much more sexier than the Indian version?
I don't think there is a difference. Both are clear glass with the bottom half blackened. In the Indian test mule, they have stuck some tapes/plastic on the bottom potion of the glass to give a impression of a regular hatch design.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 15:34   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
IMHO it looks longer and wider than the Santro in the pics.
+1 . I too feel the same going by the pics. Size wise it looks more like in between the Swift and a Santro . Comparing it to an Alto is taking it a little to far i suppose.
Wish the ergonomics were better than what is being dished out now. The dashboard does not look proportionate. That apart it looks like a brilliant package.
Old 29th July 2011, 18:07   #262
Senior - BHPian

Honda Brio - Pics and Spec from Honda Automobile (Thailand)

Source : Honda

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-image-130.png

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-image-16.png

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-image-13.png

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-image-18.png

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-image-19.png

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-image-20.png

In comparison to the following spec, what can we expect in India?

Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-brio_page_1.png
(Click on the image to view in actual size)
Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23-brio_page_2.png
(Click on the image to view in actual size)

brio.pdf

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 18:52   #263
Senior - BHPian

Hope they launch it with all the above stuff in place!
As another thread indicates that the new Jazz might be priced from 6.9 L - the price range for Brio may be 5.5 - 6 - 6.5 Lakhs. Just a speculation though. I would personally like 5 - 5.5 - 6 Lakh range.
Old 29th July 2011, 19:02   #264
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
The car looks promising.
Not able to digest the rear looks at all! Hopefully, the overall package will be able to make up for it.

Anyways, Will it be possible for Honda to launch black glass for the rear, in India? RTO rules mandate 70% visibility. Honda may have to launch with plane glass at the rear. (Which will further affect the looks).

Weight is just 925kg. A high revving iVTec small hatch with 97ps/ton.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 29th July 2011 at 19:07.
Old 29th July 2011, 19:02   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I don't think there is a difference. Both are clear glass with the bottom half blackened. In the Indian test mule, they have stuck some tapes/plastic on the bottom potion of the glass to give a impression of a regular hatch design.
Spot on. It's just tapped up, to disguise the look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
+1 . I too feel the same going by the pics. Size wise it looks more like in between the Swift and a Santro . Comparing it to an Alto is taking it a little to far i suppose.
Wish the ergonomics were better than what is being dished out now. The dashboard does not look proportionate. That apart it looks like a brilliant package.
That's what i feel too. ofcourse comparing i to an Alto is taking it too far.
I feel the dash look is a part of some Honda design quirkiness to appeal to younger folks, who will be the target customers.

Crazy driver ~ it's not the whole glass which is black. It's just the bottom portion of the glass which is blackened out. This will not affect rearward visibility at all. In the Thai picture below of the White Brio, the reflection of the palm tree makes the glass look dark, but it is actually a clear windscreen with only some parts blackened out and the blackened parts will not affect visibility.

Last edited by mdsaab : 29th July 2011 at 19:09.
Old 29th July 2011, 19:08   #266
Senior - BHPian

At a width of 1680 mm, it is as wide as the Honda city. Not a tall boy with less then 1500 mm height. Seems to be an ideal size and proportion for a small city car.
Old 29th July 2011, 20:45   #267
BHPian

The Thai spec says the GC is only 150 mm--hopefully the India version will boost to the Hinda std of 160--which still is inadequate for most Indian roads.I would like to see 170 as a better GC std option.
Old 29th July 2011, 22:15   #268
Senior - BHPian

Also you can see from the specs that it is indeed bigger than the Santro. So thats a good thing.
Old 29th July 2011, 23:22   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi413 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but the Jazz is not to be positioned as a Liva Competitor.
Jazz should not be a Liva competitor. But it is positioned so, Jazz is one level up in the range of Polo / i20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi413 View Post
And Brio will be basically placed above WagonR / Estilo etc which are not really perceived as 'aspirational' cars (no offense)!

-Brio takes on Ritz and i10 and Beat etc
-New Jazz takes on New Swift, Polo, Punto, Fabia, i20, et al
Yup, Brio will take on Swift, Ritz, i10, Punto, Vista & Liva too. Jazz will compete as you mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Ritz - Maybe. I think Jazz will be repositioned to take on the Ritz/Swift.i10, Beat - Definitely.
I dont think Jazz will be re-positioned to take on Swift / Ritz. The top end of Swift might be in the same range as entry level Jazz. Jazz should ideally be competing with i20 / Micra / Polo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
While most of Maruti's low-cost offerings are not aspirational, they serve as an example of Brio's target segment - 3.99L to 5.5L.
Brio should be targeting these cars.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 29th July 2011 at 23:24.
Old 30th July 2011, 00:27   #270
BHPian

I really dont think Honda will be able to price this car within the 4 lakhs category, Look at its current line up with the minimum Jazz model costs 8 + onroad, how can we expect Brio to be priced in 3.5 to 4. If they do it will be much of a disaster cost cutting like etios/Liva. I think minimum it will be priced in the polo range, 5 lakhs + onroad.

Look what fiesta has done, its really hard to keep cost down until unless compromise on quality, If quality is not there whats the use? And if Honda comes so cheap, it will never be a Honda.
krish82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed