Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2010, 21:04   #76
GTO
Team-BHP Support

*Update* Following brands added to the opening post.

Quote:
Nissan
Micra : 1029
X-Trail : 31
Teana : 19
370Z : 0
Quote:
Mercedes

C Class : 156
E Class : 253
S Class : 42
ML Class : 29
GL Class : 20
E Coupe : 2
SLS AMG : 1
R Class : 5
CLS : 12
SL Roadster : 1
Quote:
Porsche
911 : 2
Panamera : 2
Cayman : 2
Cayenne : 11
Old 2nd December 2010, 21:27   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
*Update* Following brands added to the opening post.
Well that interesting to see the Micras are selling more than Punto with so many Fiat showrooms being avaible is indeed a great achivement.

The numbers are almost equal to Fiestas (thoough not in same segment). Time for Ford to surely wake up.

I wont be surprised if Micra beats Polo. It might sound too optimistic but might happen if they expand the dealership.
Old 2nd December 2010, 22:15   #78
BHPian

hi,
Bolero overtaking all the other mahindra products put together is something that i have to come to terms with. Dismal sales figure as expected from fiat. Not a single fiat 500 has been sold. Beautiful looking car but alas priced high with poor backup for servicing. Nano is such a bold idea but looks like has not got much take with the people. If only it had the service back bone of maruti suzuki.
Old 3rd December 2010, 03:34   #79
BHPian

Fiat is suffering because of the bad publicity for its sub standard interiors . They should understand that they are not doing any charity by offering a car . And there is no excuse to have poor interiors .

Just went to a Fiat showroom inspected a punto , the ignition console hasnt changed in contrary to statements from some of us . Not only the console , steering wheel also has poor finish . It it is not what we expect from a 7 lakh hatch . Not even an 800 comes with such poor fit and finish .

I dont think they are sensitive to customer feedback . No improvement of front seats in linea , making fun of the customer by not changing the design of fuel lid and boot openers . Fiat got what it deserves , and it is absurd to cry for poor sales figures .

If cost is the factor , then the 6 lakh skoda fabia unlike Fiat punto has excellent interior quality . No more excuses Fiat .
Old 3rd December 2010, 06:29   #80
BHPian

Hi
Skoda might have good interiors but their after sales service record is flooded with so many horror stories. Skoda are at the best as worse as fiat.
Old 3rd December 2010, 09:03   #81
Senior - BHPian

Lots of Micras are seen on roads by me and considering the thin dealer network they have the number look impressive.

The Nano number do not make sense at all. Fine so its not a runaway success as TATA hoped but its not really that bad. There is surely some supply crunch here. TATA should continue to play the cheap cars formula or else no one is going to buy one over others, atleast not yet. The Aria seems a good start towards premium offerings but please let not put the Indica there.

After a brilliant October the City seems to have slipped big time. I guess the 2011 City should be launched soon with climate control and some more essential missing goodies.

Fiat as I have said is almost a gone case. Nothing seems to get people to buy their excellent cars. The i20 and others seem to be super cars in comparison to the Punto which they are obviously not.

GM get a small diesel asap. Only way to revive the almost dead Beat.

Honda can no more get away with absurd pricing like they did all these years. Time for a strategy change?
Old 3rd December 2010, 09:08   #82
BANNED

GTO: Can we have the figures of Premier Automobiles?! I wanted to know how many RIOs are sold.
Old 3rd December 2010, 09:44   #83
BHPian

FIAT should have brought in small cars(Like Santro for Hyundai) to the Indian market in the first place and gain some numbers in the sales and henceforth a good market share and then should have probably brought in the premium models.

I guess Hyundai did the right thing !
Old 3rd December 2010, 11:00   #84
BHPian

The constant 7k mark of i20's only means one thing.
Going to get amazing deals on pre worshipped cars with all issues sorted out, within the next couple of years, when i decide to upgrade from my faithful getz!
cheers!
Old 3rd December 2010, 12:36   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
The constant 7k mark of i20's only means one thing.
Going to get amazing deals on pre worshipped cars with all issues sorted out, within the next couple of years, when i decide to upgrade from my faithful getz!
cheers!

Can't get Raghav,

How increased sales of i20 translates in to good deals in the aftermarket.. Throw some light please..
Old 3rd December 2010, 12:56   #86
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
MUMBAI: The Tata Nano was a small car that was expected to deliver big numbers — the new plant at Sanand in Gujarat was built to produce 2.5 lakh units a year, eventually ramping up to 5 lakh units. But 15 months after a high-profile launch, it has encountered trouble at every turn — three instances of the car going up in flames and a few cases of smoke emanating from it (the last was in September), confusion about its positioning, a rather unexpected bunch of affluent initial buyers, poor distribution reach, and financing bottlenecks. Nano’s sales have dipped from 9,000 units in July to 3,000 in October to just a little over 500 in November.

An ETreporter who visited Sanand on Tuesday met workers at the industrial zone who said production of the Nano has come to a near standstill; the number of workers there has decreased by 80% in the last month. The company declined to answer a specific emailed query on the firm stopping Nano production, even though it opened up to detailed interviews on all other aspects of the car.

Many dealers say they have not picked up any fresh stock during the last two months as they were trying to sell existing cars. Dealer inventories at the beginning of November are estimated to be 17,000-20 ,000 units, according to officials at Nano’s dealers and suppliers. The company says that inventory levels are not so high, though it declined to disclose numbers.

“I am a little surprised by the Nano’s sales figures,” says the head of a rival car manufacturer speaking on the condition of anonymity . “The car was positioned as an alternative to two-wheelers , but that’s not happening. Those looking to upgrade from two-wheelers are put off by the negative publicity (over the fires) and safety issues and buyers of the top-end Nano will rather put in a few thousand more and buy another car like the Alto,” he adds.

Nano plagued by poor image and quality issues

THE Maruti Alto has sold 3.93 lakh units, while over 71,000 Nanos have been sold since the latter was launched last July. The base version of Alto carries a price tag of Rs 2.54 lakh, compared to the Nano’s Rs 1.45 lakh (on-road in Delhi).

“The Nano was to sell on ‘demand pull’ , but now it’s plagued with poor image and quality issues ,” says a top-ranking executive who has worked with a car company in the past. “The Nano was supposed to attract maximum footfalls to dealerships and have a rub-off effect on its other models. But it hasn’t .”

Is the small car hurtling into a big crisis? And what is the company doing to fix it? It’s easy to attribute the deteriorating sales of the Nano to the incidents of the fire. (More on that later.) But there is perhaps also a deeper marketing failure that’s lurking behind the smoke.
How Tata Nano hit a big bump in India - The Economic Times
Old 3rd December 2010, 13:11   #87
xPK
BHPian

God, what's up FIAT? They are achieving new lows every month. And I still don't see any steps in right direction by FIAT. Why don't they come up with something like "chevrolet promise"? I remember it really did wonders for GM.

OT, but I'm really looking forward to buy one in coming weeks (to take the advantage of huge discounts). May be I could wait some more get more benefits (if FIAT offers)
Old 3rd December 2010, 13:15   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangarx View Post
Can't get Raghav,

How increased sales of i20 translates in to good deals in the aftermarket.. Throw some light please..
Higher the number of cars in the used car market, lower the price right? So what i meant was, I've had my eye on the 6speed i20 crdi ever since its launched, and when i finally do upgrade from my getz in a couple of years time,There should be quite a few cars in the used market by then, I'm hoping to get some good deals because the issues which the i20 currently faces ie of weak AC(which has been solved as per some threads on the forum) and steering rattling issue would have found a fix
Old 3rd December 2010, 14:10   #89
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
Higher the number of cars in the used car market, lower the price right?
Not exactly. Rather it's pretty much other way round. Lower number of cars in market lesser the resale value (unless one maintains it for decades to be an antic). Indeed there are also factors like image of manufacturer. But generally it's a crude thumb rule. Higher the number of vehicles in market, lesser is he chance for manufacturer to discontinue the model. Maintenance of such used cars is much affordable.
Also if lower number of cars in used market could bring more price, used palios and sonatas would never be so cheaper.

Last edited by xPK : 3rd December 2010 at 14:20.
Old 3rd December 2010, 16:23   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK View Post
Not exactly. Rather it's pretty much other way round. Lower number of cars in market lesser the resale value (unless one maintains it for decades to be an antic). Indeed there are also factors like image of manufacturer. But generally it's a crude thumb rule. Higher the number of vehicles in market, lesser is he chance for manufacturer to discontinue the model. Maintenance of such used cars is much affordable.
Also if lower number of cars in used market could bring more price, used palios and sonatas would never be so cheaper.
the cars that you've given an example of are highly unsuccessful in the indian market(internationally maybe a different story) for whatever reasons and I'm guessing thats why they're sold cheaply,
Come to think of it, Hyundai does enjoy a high re-sale value, i might have to end up paying a premium for my low mileage beauty :o my bad, but we'll cross the bridge when it comes!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks