Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2010, 23:07   #196
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I have been invited for a TD of the Vento at Vile Parle, seems that the test vehicle is readily available. But reading about the delivery timelines makes me rethink if it is worth a TD also.

Seems to be a rerun of the Fortuner, Polo & Vento (VW) or the Indica when it was launched originally.
Why would you not TD a Vento? Buddy, did you write into a wrong thread?
Old 8th December 2010, 12:09   #197
BHPian

re: Toyota ETIOS Sedan: World Premiere! Pictures, Pricing, Specs & Short Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
7000 Bookings within 5 days.. great.. . The launch of Diesel version will double the sale for Toyota. I am sure Etios will dethrone Swift Dzire in its segment. With the success of ETIOS i am sure that Toyota will bring its global hatchback Yaris to India by 2012.
Old 8th December 2010, 14:49   #198
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from Nandi Toyota. There is no test drive vehicle available now. Waiting period is 6 months. My friend was interested in Etios but he cannot wait 6 months, most probably he will be getting White Manza QJET.
Old 8th December 2010, 15:54   #199
BHPian

I went to Nandi Toyota on Kankpura Rd (bangalore) to check out the waiting period.
7 Months waiting period if i book today (Dec 8th 2010) !!!

When Toyota claims an annual production of 70K, that would still mean they can dish out 8K Cars per month comfortably. With only 7000 cars booked (maybe 10000 now), why do we need to wait for 7 Months !!!

Is this some kinda game played by dealers to make quick bucks by charging premium or something ??
Since Indian customers have given a 'Thumbs Up" to Etios, Toyota has the moral responsibility to ensure dealers aren't taking customers for a ride. They should publish in newspaper on what is the average waiting period expected !!!!
(Maruti was good at this, esp with Dzire and Swift !!)
Old 8th December 2010, 15:56   #200
Senior - BHPian

Why we are not getting full review of Etios till now? Zigwheels has it long back ... I am eagerly waiting for the detailed TBHP review.

GTO, where are you? Too busy?
Old 8th December 2010, 16:23   #201
Senior - BHPian

Probably Etios is going the Fortune way, looks like the booking will far exceed the production capacity.
The current installed capacity of 70000 units per annum translates to roughly 5800 cars /month if we consider 50% of the capacity dedicated to hatch then the net result will be 2900 units /month. I am sure that plant will not reach its peak production during the initial phase.

So guys theoretically we have at least 3-4 months of waiting considering 7000 bookings. Actual delivery can be delayed more than this, if they face any production issues.
Old 8th December 2010, 18:18   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Why would you not TD a Vento? Buddy, did you write into a wrong thread?
Apologies, please read that as Etios (Vento seems to be in the mind these days).

The TD for the Vento is fixed for the weekend
Old 8th December 2010, 21:47   #203
Senior - BHPian

Etios liva pic courtesy Indian autos blog. Looks are starting to grow on me and doesn't it look better tnan the micra's rear?
But that hideous chrome strip has got to go.
Somehow the liva looks pretty contemporary from this angle.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota ETIOS Sedan: World Premiere! Pictures, Pricing, Specs & Short Report-toyotaetiosindiasedan3.jpg  

Toyota ETIOS Sedan: World Premiere! Pictures, Pricing, Specs & Short Report-nissan_micra_02.jpg  

Old 8th December 2010, 21:56   #204
Senior - BHPian

Somehow I have to admit that the manza's interior design and comfort levels are much, much better than the etios, which looks like a mattel built plasto toy, though the etios interiors are well screw together and way more practical. Seat comfort will surely be better on the indigo.
But as far as designs are concerned, I still cannot digest the oddball styling of both the cars. The etios does look better balanced, the manza still appears odd proportioned and bulky with confused rear styling.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota ETIOS Sedan: World Premiere! Pictures, Pricing, Specs & Short Report-tata_manza_01.jpg  

Toyota ETIOS Sedan: World Premiere! Pictures, Pricing, Specs & Short Report-tata_manza_02.jpg  

Toyota ETIOS Sedan: World Premiere! Pictures, Pricing, Specs & Short Report-etios0026.jpg  

Last edited by sidindica : 8th December 2010 at 21:59.
Old 8th December 2010, 23:47   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Somehow I have to admit that the manza's interior design and comfort levels are much, much better than the etios, which looks like a mattel built plasto toy, though the etios interiors are well screw together and way more practical. Seat comfort will surely be better on the indigo.
@sindica:

Tatas have always offered good VFM if you look at what you get in a Vista or Manza versus similarly priced competition. However, they have not earned reputation their competitors are. Personallly, I am convinced that they are making a genuine attemp to change things with the Manza and Vista and have convinced my dad to get a Vista. However, risking 5 Laks on a car which you are going to sell soon as you clock 1 Lakh kms on the odo is differetnt from Trusting Tatas with 15 Lakhs of hard earned money on the Aria.

I digress,. but I feel no matter how much people criticize Toyta,they laugh all the way to the bank and Maruthi is going to have to loose the snug attitude they have maintained with the Swift and Dzier....
Old 9th December 2010, 13:21   #206
BHPian

Saw this message posted by anchor of NDTV Car and Bike Show Siddarth on Facebook.

"Toyota's got more than 8000 bookings for Etios. Waiting's crossed 6 months!"

Thats an Overtime for all TKML employees!

With Etios and Fortuner hogging the production lines wondering what would be the case post the Liva launch?

I am gonna book one for my Daughter who turns 18, 15 yrs from now :-)

Last edited by deepakchiniwal : 9th December 2010 at 13:22.
Old 9th December 2010, 13:55   #207
BHPian

Hye guys,

As a thought,

which car one should prefer between Manza, Etios and Dzire?

Dzire: is out of question at least for me since I do not like the design and from front if you look then you can not make out whether it is swift or dzire coming your way. +1 waiting period is killing! almost 6 months! Now a days within months new models are launched and I do not wish to take a risk of booking a vehicle which will be delivered after few months and who knows may be by the time you receive your car a new decent looking vehicle is already launched in the market (as a thought many of buyers who have booked dzire in the last 5-6 months but have not yet got the delivery of their car might be cursing this waiting period and may be in a thought of cancelling their bookings and going for etios? Any data on this available?)

Manza: I like shape and features offered at the price. a total VFM product. no waiting period as such. However quality of the car and faith in TATA brand is what worries me.

Etios: I am now on the way of liking the shape which i should admit [after seeing the vehicle so many times (photos)]. But hye, again waiting period of (at least) 6-7 months! this is too much for me to digest. But then price at which you can get toyota brand is something pulls me towards this car.

Overall, For me first priority is etios but due to waiting time and unproven record i may go for Manza. What about you people? what's your call?
Old 9th December 2010, 13:58   #208
BHPian

@sidindica, very good catch there, Etios Liva with Micra.

What's wrong with Toyota to get inspired by most boring of designs available? Though no single panel looks similar, sedan looks like Logan and hatch Micra overall.

Toyota is targeting a slow starter Nissan India rather than Honda India with similar objectives as Nissan Renault. Also, not many know that Logan shares its platform with the old Nissan Micra. Got to see what Nissan's reply will be to the mighty Toyota.
Old 9th December 2010, 14:22   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthu View Post
Overall, For me first priority is etios but due to waiting time and unproven record i may go for Manza. What about you people? what's your call?
Enthu, if you are not in a hurry & ready to wait 6-7 months then go ahead & book the Etios. However if you need a car desperately then go for Manza, it's a VFM product.
Old 9th December 2010, 14:41   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Etios liva pic courtesy Indian autos blog. Looks are starting to grow on me and doesn't it look better tnan the micra's rear?
But that hideous chrome strip has got to go.
Somehow the liva looks pretty contemporary from this angle.
since looks are subjective, i like the rear of micra more than liva's. simple, clean and proportionate. glass area of micra is more too and taillight of micra is better.

as usual, your mileage may vary (ymmv)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed