Team-BHP - Toyota ETIOS Sedan: World Premiere! Pictures, Pricing, Specs & Short Report
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota ETIOS Sedan: World Premiere! Pictures, Pricing, Specs & Short Report (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/93003-toyota-etios-sedan-world-premiere-pictures-pricing-specs-short-report-17.html)

I went to the Toyota dealership at Ranchi few days back and the SP said that the waiting period is as less as 2 months here due to less number of bookings compared to the metros. Maybe they have already been allotted a few number of cars. And Jharkhand having a very low tax, the VX variant costs just 7.26 lakhs on road. The V variant costs somewhere around 6.8 lakhs.

Nice competitive pricing from Toyota. I am all excited for the Etios, even though I am not a great fan for its exterior looks.
Looking forward to the official team-bhp review :)

As per the below link, the number of bookings has now crossed 12 K ! Toyota gets 12,000 pre-sale orders of Etios sedan in India - The Economic Times This is really amazing considering that there are no cars yet in the showrooms either for display or test drive. Wonder whether Toyota will close the bookings or offer interest on the deposit amounts like Maruti ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemantbsutar (Post 2175655)
As per the below link, the number of bookings has now crossed 12 K ! Toyota gets 12,000 pre-sale orders of Etios sedan in India - The Economic Times This is really amazing considering that there are no cars yet in the showrooms either for display or test drive. Wonder whether Toyota will close the bookings or offer interest on the deposit amounts like Maruti ?

Looks like Meru, EasyCabs and other taxi vendors have opted to upgrade taxi fleet to toyota etios ditching the Logan. Looking at innova's taxiable success with Toyota's reliability this shouldn't come as a surprise. But I could be wrong here.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsan02 (Post 2175797)
Looks like Meru, EasyCabs and other taxi vendors have opted to upgrade taxi fleet to toyota etios ditching the Logan. Looking at innova's taxiable success with Toyota's reliability this shouldn't come as a surprise. But I could be wrong here.:D

I don’t think these bookings are from commercial taxi segment as Etios is petrol powered, yes CNG/gas conversion remains an option.

A diesel power plant will definitely attract the taxi segment, looking at the current demand I don’t think Toyota will introduce a diesel variant soon, as there is risk of the Etios brand being branded as Taxi which can be a big deterrent for potential customers.

The 12K bookings for the Petrol Etios cannot be from the taxi segment, we can expect taxi sales only when diesel becomes available.

IMHO, Toyota doesnt care about its taxi tag... Camry's as CBU import only runs as hotel taxi's due to tax benefit, I hardly see any whiteboards.

But since this is the high volume C segment, Toyota to keep the brand, can avoid selling to the taxi segment like how TATA's did to the Manza.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tj123 (Post 2175865)
I don’t think these bookings are from commercial taxi segment as Etios is petrol powered, yes CNG/gas conversion remains an option.

A diesel power plant will definitely attract the taxi segment, looking at the current demand I don’t think Toyota will introduce a diesel variant soon, as there is risk of the Etios brand being branded as Taxi which can be a big deterrent for potential customers.

Early awaiting the customary GTO review for the Etios ! Seems every auto publication in India was invited for a test drive in Japan or provided a car in India and team-bhp hasn't!

The Etios' 12,000 bookings+ in a matter of 15 days are a testimony to the fact that it seems to have a struck a chord with the average Indian car buyer. That should be no suprise given that their entire car development process started with identifying what the average Indian car buyer wanted ... VFM price tag, fuel efficiency, rock solid reliability, space, comfort, cubbyholes to keep stuff and non-offensive looks.

What I do find interesting is that 12,000 bookings have been made without the car being in showrooms, leave alone a test-drive. I feel that speaks volumes of the kind of trust folks in India have with the Toyota brand ... of course, it is well-deserved trust, IMHO.

Went to Shinrai Toyota to book the car was told a waiting time of 10 months in mumbai. :O

I was told by 2 of the dealers that as per what they have been told currently, Toyota will be dispatching 15 cars per month to each dealer. This means to serve approx 150 dealers, Toyota should have a production of approx 2250 (15 x 150) cars per month - this ties back to a news report of Toyota producing approx 9000 cars over the first 4 months (2250 per month over 4 months).

I imagine post that they would ramping up production - so, I hope Toyota clarifies through their dealers at the earliest what the actual delivery times are going to be, post production ramp-up. Its plain ridiculous to have dealers talk about 10 months waiting periods with 12000 car bookings ! What happens to Toyota's plans for selling 70,000 cars as first year target - if they take 10 months to clear 12k bookings.

Toyota - Please clarify. :Frustrati

12000 people have booked the Etios without even seeing it, leave alone a test drive and Toyota is almost full for the next year. By the time I am writing this, this number could be 15000 or more!

I wonder why does Toyota need to have showrooms. By the time the Etios reaches the showrooms and test drives become available, the bookings will be closed for the next one year.Rather, they could save some money and offer even cheaper prices to the customers. lol:

Jokes aside, this is a revelation for me! I knew that people had a fancy towards Toyota brand but this is unbelievable!

Just heard on the NDTV Car and Bike show, bookings have crossed 15k and today is what .. the 19th day since bookings opened !

Old-timers - any records we're aware of for the fastest 20k or something?

The fastest lakh still belongs to the indica (1998). I believe it had around 118,000 bookings in a month or so.. next to impossible to beat. ofcourse we did have teh nano with an equally impressive order book

Just saw the new ad on TV for the God of the C-segment (Dzire) - came on air just before the God of cricket got to his 50th Ton (phenomenal, ain't it?). Anyway, seems the heat is on - Have seen plenty of Swift ads over the year but a Dzire ad is a bit of a rarity on TV. Will be interesting to see how the market share changes ...

Anyone to stick their necks out for this prediction?

Note from Support : GTO's Etios review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the review. This thread is closed.