Originally Posted by Jai3033 View Post
The ETIOS chennai prices:

Model - Ex Showroom - On Road Price

J - 4,83,868 - 5,59,973

G - 5,33,294 - 6,16,041

G (Sp OPT) - 5,83,794 - 6,73,328

V - 6,28,872 - 7,24,465

VX - 6,74,372 - 7,76,080

In Chennai the dealers say the cars will roll out from the factory only after Jan 15th and the probable delivery dates for bookings made now is only by March 2011.
Thanks a lot Jai ! is the car available to atleast have a look at Lanson/Harsha ?

Now i am waiting for GTOs detailed review ,GTO are you READING??
Old 4th December 2010, 14:46   #167
MAS
Senior - BHPian

@sidv20, a mixed bag of questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidv20 View Post
Well i know the reviews have been mixed on this forum.
But i have booked one but not sure about the variant (G opt, v, vx) as the dealer was not able to clear my doubts does anybody have ans to these :
1. Pictures of the two different steering wheel one in G, V and one in VX only Vx steering is seen everywhere. There are two different steering wheel designs. VX has the more sportier one with a flat bottom
2. USB and Aux connectivity available or not in V(mp3 player) or Vx(DVD player) variant and its usb aux ready any extra charges for getting the functionality. Available in both V & VX
3. Interior pics of three different variants g(black interiors) V(black and grey interiors) and Vx(black and red - which is only available everywhere) You got it right
4. G variant doesnt have tachometer and music system so how does it look with all this missing?? All pictures (in brochure/this thread) are of top Variants. I guess you will have to wait till there is a car in the showroom. The present set up looks more like a sticker to me. The console in J & G will look even more simpler.
5. Keyless entry buttons is on the key like high end or separate like autocop systems. No idea. Need to wait and see
6. is all three seat cover combination *black *black and grey all good quality fabric like top end. Highly subjective. Toyota is known for their quality and IMHO, they will provide a good fabric and not something which feels like a rug sack
7. In the G variant if i remove 14" wheels and put alloys should cost around 15k but if I put 15" alloys what would be the cost? I would recommend you to try after market alloys as you will get a better range to choose from, a better looking alloy and much cheaper

I need views
Does the car top end Vx seem like a Rs 8 lakh car on road

or does the car top end Vx with a toyota logo in the centre look like a Rs 8 lakh car
Highly Subjective. What in your opinion should a 8 lakh car look like?
Old 4th December 2010, 19:44   #168
Senior - BHPian

Booking the V variant most likely tomorrow, in NOIDA. The salesperson says, delivery by early Feb i.e. minimum two months. Can go upto six months.
Old 4th December 2010, 19:55   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Thanks a lot Jai ! is the car available to atleast have a look at Lanson/Harsha ?
No the car is not on display at Lanson or Harsha but will be displayed only at the Express Avenue from Dec 11th.
Old 4th December 2010, 20:53   #170
Senior - BHPian

Saw the first half of the programme "Freewheeling" on NDTV Profit today at 07:30pm. (second half is scheduled for next Saturday, same time). Siddharth Patankar talked about the evolution of ETIOS, from conceptualization to production. The key highlights of the programme were as follows:

1. The name ETIOS came from the Greek word "ETHOS" meaning "The disposition, character, or fundamental values peculiar to a specific person, people, culture, or movement". Moreover ETIOS in Japanese means "The origin of". The "I" in ETIOS is represented by a "tilak" or "bindi", which is a part of Indian culture. One interesting point made by TKM DMD, Sandeep Singh on the show was that Indians aspire for the latest features in their cars, however they want the names to be traditional, which is catered by the "bindi" in the name.

2. The new ETIOS plant at Bidadi is built for an annual capacity of 70K, but it can be easily stretched upto 200K (that's what called Toyota Production System). So hopefully no Fortuner type waiting periods for ETIOS.

More about the car itself to be aired in the next episode.
Old 4th December 2010, 20:57   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai3033 View Post
The ETIOS chennai prices:

Model - Ex Showroom - On Road Price

J - 4,83,868 - 5,59,973

G - 5,33,294 - 6,16,041

G (Sp OPT) - 5,83,794 - 6,73,328

V - 6,28,872 - 7,24,465

VX - 6,74,372 - 7,76,080

In Chennai the dealers say the cars will roll out from the factory only after Jan 15th and the probable delivery dates for bookings made now is only by March 2011.
Considering the steep difference in the OTR prices of G vs V, which one would make more sense to buy for personal use for a value-conscious buyer on a budget? Opinions please.
Old 4th December 2010, 22:29   #172
BANNED

Review from NDTV.

The Car and Bike Show: Toyota Etios Full Review
Old 4th December 2010, 23:41   #173
BHPian

Saw the car in flesh at Select city Mall, saket. The car looked reasonably good in silver, wifey liked the seating position in rear bench. Front seats are thinner than the competition but no where lack in support. Interestingly, the Red interiors looked good in the night. We went around 8 pm.

The sales guys told that we'll get the car in May/ June, provided the booking is made in a couple of days.
Old 5th December 2010, 10:12   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiagenie View Post
Considering the steep difference in the OTR prices of G vs V, which one would make more sense to buy for personal use for a value-conscious buyer on a budget? Opinions please.
Hi,if you opt for the G you will be missing the following features

Fog lamps
Audio system
Steering mounted controls
Alloys wheels
Fabric insert on doors
Some chrome bits
Leather wrapped steering wheel
Roof mounted antenna
Tachometer
Rear defogger
Side skirts

I think these features are not extremely essential to do for a variant upgrade and can be supplemented by after market accessories.

So i think you should go for the G variant,but do choose the G Optional variant which comes with airbags,ABS & EBD.
Old 5th December 2010, 10:32   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiagenie View Post
Suggest to go for the V variant even though it is costlier, if you value safety.

G + BAS+Airbags is about 50K cheaper than V.
What you get for 50K are as follows -
  • Audio system
  • Alloys
  • Thicker 185 section tyres
  • 15 inch wheels
  • Rear defogger
  • Tacho
  • Fabric on door
  • Roof antenna

If you buy goof after market alloys(15") and HU, those will cost 30K or so. Plus if you add the other extra bits like thicker rubber,bigger wheels(15") etc, 50K seems to be justified.
Personally, I can't buy a car worth 6-7 lakhs without a tacho

Best of luck!

Last edited by adimicra : 5th December 2010 at 10:34.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2010, 21:42   #176
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidv20 View Post
1. Pictures of the two different steering wheel one in G, V and one in VX only Vx steering is seen everywhere
2. USB and Aux connectivity available or not in V(mp3 player) or Vx(DVD player) variant and its usb aux ready any extra charges for getting the functionality.
3. Interior pics of three different variants g(black interiors) V(black and grey interiors) and Vx(black and red - which is only available everywhere)
4. G variant doesnt have tachometer and music system so how does it look with all this missing??
5. Keyless entry buttons is on the key like high end or separate like autocop systems.
6. is all three seat cover combination *black *black and grey all good quality fabric like top end.
7. In the G variant if i remove 14" wheels and put alloys should cost around 15k but if I put 15" alloys what would be the cost?
1) Sorry but i couldn't shoot much of low end variant since a Jap news crew was shooting inside.

2) Again apart from the specs mentioned no further details from the press release event.

3) Same as 1 but grey one was wearing leather which was the accessories display model.

4) Same as 1.

5) No keys were available and info available is only from the brochures.

6) Fabric is good quality, that i can confirm.

7) 18 to 25k, depending on make and model.
Old 5th December 2010, 22:45   #177
BHPian

Thumbs up to Jaggu Ji for the excellent snapshot of ETIOS on the day of launch itself !

Went to Toyota showroom at Pune to enquire about the new craze ETIOS! and this is I found, hope it helps any prospective ETIOS owner -
  • Car yet to arrive in showroom - expected demo car to reach showroom by last week of Dec`10, production to start from 01st Jan`11, expected dispatch details to showroom by 15th Jan`10
  • There is one G SP(ecial) variant for which the details are yet to reach showroom (Guess it includes - the optional ABS, Airbag etc in G Variant)
  • Excellent presentation of the car considering the fact the actual car is yet to reach the showroom - SPs are equipped with laptop to give the video demo (as can be found in the internet) & LCD screen
  • As per the demo considering the above facts! - Initially Car looks cheap IMO, especially the interiors, but when I factored in the Price (and Toyota Brand!), the Car seems to be absolute VFM and the features/comfort levels doesn't look so cheap - New feature like Cold Glove Box, lots of storage space and for some reason the storage spaces are explained as water bottle storage space
  • As per Pune dealer - Booking amount is 50K INR, 100% refundable upon cancellation
  • Booking started from 01st Dec`10, till date 159 bookings (at this showroom and mostly V variant), expected delivery date if booked now ...6-7months (yes!), they would be able to confirm more clearly once they receive dispatch schedule
  • Expected Diesel variant - SP:not sure but sometime around Dec`11
  • Spare wheel - Same as VW, Punto - Black colour wheel w/o wheel cap, but size is same as the original wheel
  • - By 15th Jan`11, the dealers are expected to receive dispatch details from Toyota India and they would be in a better position to commit about the actual dispatch of no. of cars to showrooms for ETIOS
  • Pune Price (INR On-Road price) - J (5.64L), G(6.16L), G-SP(6.73L), V(7.21L), VX(7.72L)

Well, one honest query from myside - Gurus please clarify this as I am sure many would be owners would like to know :

Kerb Wt. of ETIOS is 900KG(G), 915KG(J), 930KG(V, VX)

W.R.T. competion and Similar Cars, weight of ETIOS is very much less (even less than some of recent Hatchbacks)

Does it going to have any effect related to high speed performance/stability or safety?

DZire (wt. > 1000 to 1115KGs)
Manza (wt. > 1100 to 1210KGs)
Vento (wt. > 1120 to 1220 KGs)

Last edited by AvonA7 : 5th December 2010 at 22:51.
Old 5th December 2010, 23:02   #178
BHPian

Would it be possible for somebody to initiate a poll on how many people in this forum have actually booked the etios and which variant. I have personally booked the V variant on the day of launch. Still not sure if i will buy it, especially if it takes anything over three months to deliver.
My other option would be the Manza.
Are there any indications on the bookings so far(how many across india)
if Toyota has a 5000 per month production, and if they quote 6 months, it means they have had 30000 bookings so far? or have they left spare capacity unused to cater to its hatch sibling?
The shrouded secrecy is doing no good to people like me who are on the fence.
Old 6th December 2010, 00:42   #179
BHPian

I'm positive that this car will be a winner and quite possibly one of the largest selling in its class. Still, that thought does not fill me with joy but dread, dread that I will have to see this horribly ugly car all over. They've done another Qualis, and it is a great business move. I've no doubt that the quality will be brilliant, but is this all Toyota can offer us Indians at this price?

Single wiper and central meter-console have not been received well by Indians so far, but I suppose many will be willing to overlook those for a Toyota.
Old 6th December 2010, 10:49   #180
BHPian

Agreed that the car is ugly, but it is Toyota!!!. People ready to wait 6-7 months and booking without even test drive talks volumes about the brand (same case was with vento)

Only thing I feel is that as Indians we are extremely biased and critical about our home grown brand.

When Tata's introduced the single reverse lamp everyone flayed them for it but no one talked about SX4 which still comes with one reverse lamp.

Same is the case with central mounted console. No one seems to be shocked that at 6+ lakhs you are getting a cheap product with severe cost cutting features like single wiper, central mounted console, oddly placed a/c vents, seats without adjusteable head rests, boxy exteriors and the list is endless.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks