Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2010, 15:33   #211
BHPian

re: Toyota ETIOS Sedan: World Premiere! Pictures, Pricing, Specs & Short Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthu View Post
Hye guys,

But then price at which you can get toyota brand is something pulls me towards this car.
That's precisely what more than 90% of the people who will buy Etios is going to be influenced by. No matter whatever advantages Dezire/Manza my have over Etios, the preceived bullet-proof reliability and the Toyota brand name is going to attract customers. Good news for customers, as Swift and Dzire badly need more competition.

Taxi segment will not be attracted until a diesel engine is plonked in.
Old 10th December 2010, 10:53   #212
Senior - BHPian

I am just wondering if the Etios is generating so many bookings, what happens when the Etios Liva hits the market 3 months down the line?
Old 10th December 2010, 19:53   #213
BHPian

8100 booking now.
Etios logs 8,100 bookings in just one week

"
Speaking to FE, Sandeep Singh, deputy managing director (marketing) of TKM, said the first unit of Etios will be rolled out from the plant in Bangalore on December 20. Deliveries will start either from December end or in the beginning of January. He said the company will execute the orders, which it received in the first week, in the next four months.
"
Old 11th December 2010, 17:03   #214
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota ETIOS Sedan: World Premiere! Pictures, Pricing, Specs & Short Report

While driving to Ambur a couple days back, i spotted a ETIOS on the road. The car in flesh looks really small. After seeing the pictures, i was anticipating something bigger.

Today i had been to Lanson Toyota, Pallikaranai, for servicing my Corolla. I asked the Etios and the SA pointed to a container lorry standing in front and said that Etios is in the container and will be unloaded during the course of the day. Hope to see it "in-detail" today, if these guys are able to deliver my car after service.
Old 11th December 2010, 21:17   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by realactivex View Post
8100 booking now.
Etios logs 8,100 bookings in just one week

"
Speaking to FE, Sandeep Singh, deputy managing director (marketing) of TKM, said the first unit of Etios will be rolled out from the plant in Bangalore on December 20. Deliveries will start either from December end or in the beginning of January. He said the company will execute the orders, which it received in the first week, in the next four months.
"
This is the bad part.So Toyota has a installed capacity of just 2000 Etios per month.This would mean by feb-end they will close bookings(i bet they will get 15,000+ orders by that time) and spend the rest of the year delivering them.

Why are they so conservative when they plan capacity expansions?
Old 11th December 2010, 21:51   #216
BANNED

its uncanny, do we realize how many on this forum have already gone the Manza way simply because both D'Zire and now Etios is taking too long to come out of the dresser?! I dont know about the future, but its just my 2 cents in it - Is it possible that in the tug of war between Maruti and Toyota, its the Tata's who end up taking the slice of the cake - well, atleast temporarily!
Old 12th December 2010, 17:07   #217
BHPian

Long post sorry !

Checked out the Etios at EA where it was on display this weekend. Even though the car is a featherweight weighing under 1 tonne, the build is surely not tinbox.

The beige exteriors and black and red interiors were a bit of mix-n-match for me, otherwise the quality seemed to be on par with most of its competitors. Nothing Toyota special.
Steering on the VX is quite meaty, upper dashboard plastic seemed to have a streaky kind of pattern, that wont reflect sunlight, but cannot comment on it since the car was parked inside.

Nitpicking: There seemed to be no beading on the rear windshield glass, for which the sales person indicated this was not the final version of the car, but one used for RTO approval and displays. Frankly I did not buy that pitch. It seemed to be like the case of the Micra. The chrome garnish on the boot attracts attention (in a negative way).

For me the deal breakers are:

1) Seats though comfortable surely have been subjected to cost cutting and from the looks of it, they don't seem to be hard wearing and might sag in the long run. ACI had indicated that Toyota did not use a particular fabric treatment or whatever that makes the seats retain their shape for purpose of cost cutting. 8L for a car with such seats, not worth it in my view.

2) Waiting period - On a car where no TDs are given , the SA claimed they have bookings to match monthly production till April 2011 and I was told if I book by Jan, I might get the car in July/Aug 2011 !

Other tid bits I heard : Production will be ramped up from April/May and 70k target includes the Liva, dealers are asked to target bookings for a full years production of the sedan by Dec'10 end.

Liva is ready for launch , company is holding back for budget to decide upon pricing (me thinks bollocks, they cant handle the orders anyway).

Last edited by indivic : 12th December 2010 at 17:13.
Old 12th December 2010, 17:09   #218
BHPian

The car looks like a facelifted Logan. Or is it only me getting that feel?

The car can be put into the looks of Ikon, Corsa, Logan. They all look puny sedans.
Old 12th December 2010, 19:36   #219
BHPian

Jaggu : Wonderful review and good quality pictures

I am sure this car is going NHC way, 130 nm torque , 4.9 turning radius = very easy for city drive.
Toyota Quality & Brand Value.
Toyota can easily achieve 3K per month.
Old 13th December 2010, 12:50   #220
BHPian

Toyota Etios 8100 bookings and counting.

Mr Sandeep Singh, Deputy Managing Director (Marketing) Toyota Kirloskar Motor -
It’s good response from the customers. We are planning to manufacture 9,000 units of Etios at our Bangalore plant in the first four months.
Etios's top three variants G, V and VX have accounted for about 90% of the bookings.
Old 13th December 2010, 13:19   #221
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

it does look a little like a Logan especially from the rear side.
But it is after all a Toyota, and hence, I m pretty sure that it will do good numbers in our ever evolving marketplace.
Thankfully we are finally getting to see some good stuff becoming available for the common man - on the automobile front!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
The car looks like a facelifted Logan. Or is it only me getting that feel?

The car can be put into the looks of Ikon, Corsa, Logan. They all look puny sedans.
Old 13th December 2010, 13:47   #222
Senior - BHPian

Saw a couple of etios and liva on the road near the toyota showroom yesterday. Yes, the etios looks like the logan at the rear, the liva is good though.
Old 13th December 2010, 15:52   #223
Senior - BHPian

What a pathetic planning by Toyota. They priced it very well but couldn't produce as per the demand. They should have planned 5K per month.

Good news for Maruti Dzire & Tata Manza. Maruti & Tata must be smiling with this. At least next 2 years they will be in demand as they have right now
Old 13th December 2010, 17:26   #224
Senior - BHPian

I would like to rekindle the thought of how safe is Etios. It is a 930kg sedan, weighs much less than Swift, Punto, Polo, i10, which are much smaller in size than Etios. The Crumple zone concept looks to be ignored in designing Etios. Also the sheetmetal size would be thinner than its competition. Which makes it unsafe as well as dent prone. What do you folks think?
Old 13th December 2010, 18:40   #225
BHPian

Toyota is planning to produce 9K units per month for the next 4 months to clear the bookings for Etios.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed