Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2010, 11:48   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2010 - Year end offers from car dealers

Any news about Mahindra offering year end discounts on its vehicle. One of my office colleague is interested in buying a Xylo from Mumbai/Thane and was contemplating of atleast booking one this year if the offer was really worth going for or should he wait till next year.
Old 9th December 2010, 14:03   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Any news about Mahindra offering year end discounts on its vehicle. One of my office colleague is interested in buying a Xylo from Mumbai/Thane and was contemplating of atleast booking one this year if the offer was really worth going for or should he wait till next year.
Not sure about Xylo. But the Mahindra dealer in Thane called me yesterday with discounts between 25,000 (LX) to 51,000 (VLX) for the Scoprio. I have asked for the details on the VLX 4x4. Awaiting details.
Old 9th December 2010, 14:26   #78
BHPian

Been to 3 Hyundai Dealers in Mumbai, including Hyundai Motor Plaza. I am considering the i20 Crdi.
On road in Mumbai is 8.18 lakhs for the Asta. No discounts, no freebies and waiting period is minimum 2 months. For petrol, the waiting period is between 2-4 weeks, depending on the colour.
They will also stop taking bookings between 20th Dec to 10th Jan!
When asked why?
"Sir, Hyundai i20 Petrol is in big demand, and Hyundai is busy manufacturing Santros' for the new taxis (black and yellow ones). So the factory is completely busy."

Limited choices here. Either wait or buy something else if in a big hurry.
Old 9th December 2010, 15:27   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Is this in Chennai ? Can you confirm on this pls.
Last week when I enquired it was 7.7 + free accessories.
Yes i even got a SMS ,but this was i guess in october so definitely possible now too

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
How much is the OTR for the Fiesta EXI after discount? The special edition Fiesta had an ex-showroom of 6.80 lakhs(7.6 OTR in chennai) which was basically an EXI with some more goodies. Not sure if this discount is as good a deal as the posts are suggesting. if anybody is planning to buy, just check this out and haggle.
Limited edition is 7.8 i guess and you can get 15 exchange bonus and 15 more if you already own a ford (loyalty bonus)
Old 9th December 2010, 22:52   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
Exchange bonus means dealer will give X amount extra, over and above the estimated exchange value of your old car. If your old car which you plan to exchange for a new car is valued (by dealer) at 2 lacs and the exchange bonus is 15000, then you will get 2.15 lacs as exchange price for your old car.
Please note there is a clause to Exchange bonus, the person who is buying your car needs to do name transfer withing 30 days of his purchase else you would not be eligible for exchange bonus.

Kindly confirm this with your dealer before opting for this.
Old 10th December 2010, 10:19   #81
BHPian

Booked an ANHC yesterday with 10K Corporate+20K Exchange Bonus, and insurance at Rs 1. Total discounts amount to 55k approximately. With Honda too declaring a 1-2% price increase from Januray, I figured this is a good enough deal. What do you guys think?
Old 10th December 2010, 11:40   #82
Senior - BHPian

Honda Jazz

Saw this in TOI today. Dont know if its from Honda or from the dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 - Year end offers from car dealers-jazz-deal.jpg  

Old 10th December 2010, 12:36   #83
BHPian

Re: Any deals on Innova V - 7 seater as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
Dear TBHPians,

Does anyone has any information on Good deal on Innova in Delhi, Noida region.

I enquired Uttam Toyota and they informed that Innova is drawing big backlog at present thanks to Etios manufacturing hence there won't be any offer except of corporate discount of Rs 5K .
I got 50% rebate on insurance(amounted to 13k only due to tax/ervice charge calculations)+7k Corporate + (No Smile Package) on Innova VX 8 seater.. also managed to get MudFlaps and MudGuards for 1200 additional .. this is from ESpirit Toyota

I got delivery in 4 days. Uttam told me same as well with 3 months waiting, so better to check with multiple dealers for the availability and offers.

Last edited by abhi1881 : 10th December 2010 at 12:39.
Old 10th December 2010, 14:21   #84
naj
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Booked an ANHC yesterday with 10K Corporate+20K Exchange Bonus, and insurance at Rs 1. Total discounts amount to 55k approximately. With Honda too declaring a 1-2% price increase from Januray, I figured this is a good enough deal. What do you guys think?
Hi!
Avisidhu this is good news.Honda is finally offering some sops on the city.The city was usually never discounted. Infact few years back there was a waiting period for 4 months atleast for the NHC.

Is it the Etios which has made Honda to give away the above discounts?

cheers,
naj

Last edited by naj : 10th December 2010 at 14:23.
Old 10th December 2010, 14:23   #85
BHPian

8% interest for Ford Figo is just an eyewash.
It reads (in fine letters) that the same is applicable for financing only for 1 yr.
Old 10th December 2010, 14:54   #86
Senior - BHPian

Chevrolet Year End Offer. Thy do have these offers year round but advertise it only during year end .
Attached Thumbnails
2010 - Year end offers from car dealers-nokia-6280002.jpg  

Old 10th December 2010, 15:07   #87
BHPian

Here's something that you can do. Just ask them to give you the maximum cash discount that they can and you get your own insurance. You can get a pretty good deal with the insurance companies these days.

I got my Honda City VMT last september with the following deal

1) 15k cash discount
2) Honda insurance was 33k and I got them to give that to me at 17k since bajaj was willing to give it at roughly around 16.5k
3) Free sunfilm (Llumar - side and rear)
4) Teflon (which is nothing more than a layer of 3M polish)
5) 20% off on the front windscreen film and mirror locks
6) In addition to this I was getting Anti-rust at another dealer but I had already put down 50k at this place.
7) I sold my earlier car through them. I got a buyer and since I didnt want to do the paperwork, I asked them to do it for me. So instead of getting 3.05 for my getz I got 2.97 I think.

If you try you might be able to get a better deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
I was enquiring abt deals for Honda City in Chennai and the best they could do is 20k corporate discount + 20% discount on insurance + usual freebies like sunfilm, teflon coats, mat & mudflaps. Is this a good deal or should I bargain more ?

Bhpian's, do you know of any other deals for the City ?
Old 10th December 2010, 15:19   #88
BHPian

Kar.carthik: Don't rush into the deal just because the dealer is showing you some discounts. Take your time. Go to some other dealers, go to some other brands. Put pressure on them. Tell them to give you a cash discount and see whats the best you can get on insurance from icici, bajaj etc. Call the insurance guys yourself and get quotes. Once you have all the numbers on the table see whats the best deal you can put together.

As far as the 2011 batch goes, ensure that you see the car before it goes for registration. You can always refuse a car before it is registered. If he is willing to give you a 2011 car if you book now then get that in writing from him. If he refuses to give it on the letterhead at least get him to write it on email. (it might be a good idea to start that email chain with him by listing down the freebies and asking him to confirm).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar.carthik View Post
Guys,looking on to buy the new Laura Diesel (Ambient).

Find below the price break up for the LAURA in my city (Coimbatore) and say if it is OK : Ex-Showroom - Rs.1374114 + Insurance - Rs.51306 + Life Tax - Rs.213617 and that sums up to Rs.1639037 On Road.

Also the dealer says that the extended warranty is Rs.18675,which they are offering for free. The other deal that I am offered is free Insurance (All this if I could make the full payment by this month end).

Now here is the tricky part,I wanted a 2011 stock and the sales guy promises that he could deliver the same by 2nd or 3rd week of Jan-2011. Is it possible to get the new stocks that early. I want the year of manufacturing on the RC book to be 2011.

Advice me if the deal is good and Please help me to make a wise decision friends.
Old 10th December 2010, 16:14   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

There is 50% off on insurance + xchange/loyalty bonus on Scorpio at hyderabad other than that nothing is free not even mats .Need more dealers for Mahindra to end this monopoly
Old 10th December 2010, 16:51   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

I am planning to book a Punto Active 1.3 MJD soon for a friend. What sort of discounts should we expect?

"Fiat offering discounts upto Rs. 55,000 across all models except TJet."

Could there be some sort of a catch there? Please help me.

Thanks.
If the model is available in their yard, which essentially would mean its an older model,3-4 months old at the least which has not been sold off. Check up on the VIN and see what is the manufacturing. Depending on that you could extract 30-40 k more discount on top of the 50k company discount depending on your negotiations,negotiations for accesories will be on top of this.

The basic premise of the negotiation being , even without the car being sold it has depreciated to around 15-17% of its OTR price.

I am awaiting the delivery of my E+ 1.4 Punto , which is a dec 2009 manufactured and delivered to the dealer in March 2010 model. I managed to extract a cash discount of 1.18L + accesories which include mattressess+mudflaps+sillplates+sunfilm+parking sensors+ Anti rust free.

Although instead of their regular sunfilms , I ll be upgrading to Garware Icecool and pay the balance amount, the same goes for parking sensors instead of which Im getting a rear cam and paying just 3k for it.

Last edited by MihirC : 10th December 2010 at 17:06.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed