Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2012, 10:24   #106
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra to launch Korando and Rexton

The Rexton looks rather disappointing, IMO. The front end treatment, especially those headlights are downright boring, and even from the rear, not much to speak of in terms of aesthetics.

I really dont see the need for this in the current lineup from M&M.
Old 1st March 2012, 10:56   #107
BHPian

Looking at the recent trend of Mahindra (XUV design, Xylo face lift), lets hope they change the front design of the Rextron and release it!

I am hoping that they redesign the front to incorporate the new Mahindra look, put a Mahindra badge on it & may be release the car as XUV 700 in India. If someone from Mahindra is listening (Which i know happens), do consider this option!

Last edited by urajkumar : 1st March 2012 at 11:15.
Old 17th April 2012, 21:52   #108
BHPian

here is another one seen near my office, which in vicinity of Mahindra Chakan Plant at Pune
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra to launch Korando and Rexton-1704121810.jpg  

Old 18th April 2012, 12:00   #109
BHPian

Wont it be the right time for them to launch this vehicle, Bolero is selling like hot cakes, XUV is sold out, Xylo is doing well, Scorpio has a waiting period, why not get into this segment of the fortuners, Captiva's and the Pajero Sports and eat into the pie.
Old 12th May 2012, 22:57   #110
Senior - BHPian

It looks like the upgraded version of Rexton is going to be launched. It looks impressive, at least in the renderings published by ACI
Updated SsangYong Rexton coming soon - News - Autocar India
Old 17th May 2012, 17:01   #111
Senior - BHPian

Korando spotted testing in India ! Slotted between EcoSport and Q3 , the mini SUV breed !

SsangYong Korando spy pics - News - Autocar India
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra to launch Korando and Rexton-0_0_700_http__i.haymarket.net.au_extraimages_20120517090927_autocarindiassanyongkorando2.jpg  

Mahindra to launch Korando and Rexton-0_0_700_http__i.haymarket.net.au_extraimages_20120517090929_autocarindiassanyongkorando3.jpg  

Old 19th May 2012, 10:02   #112
Senior - BHPian

Spotted an original Rexton in Mumbai, seems to be a couple of years old. The build quality seems to be un-impressive, huge panal gaps, poor plastics. I hope the one being launched here would be better.
Old 6th June 2012, 08:07   #113
Senior - BHPian

2012 Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton

The updated Rexton do look a lot promising than the model it replaced. With a far more confident line extending from the front to sides, the car looks like it belongs to a more premium league than XUV 500. This can definitely go as a 2 million car.

Mahindra has so far launched a slew of successful models barring Logan. The Xylo though a slow moving model and not perceived as a good looking car, recieved the recent facelift to turn into another good looker.

All in all , it looks like Mahindra at the moment is having that magic wand.

Looking forward to soon to be launched Reva. Expectations are high .

I feel the brand communication 'Rise' actually had some meaning.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra to launch Korando and Rexton-rexton-1.jpg  

Mahindra to launch Korando and Rexton-rexton2.jpg  

Mahindra to launch Korando and Rexton-rexton-3.jpg  

Old 10th August 2012, 11:23   #114
Senior - BHPian

SsangYong Korando Test Drive report by Autoexpress UK, & here is the link to thier report:

SsangYong Korando SX | Auto Express

M&M India have worked hard on the car, but, it seems that it is let down by low-rent interiors, bad ride & lack of refinement.
Old 11th August 2012, 00:38   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
SsangYong Korando Test Drive report by Autoexpress UK, & here is the link to thier report:

SsangYong Korando SX | Auto Express

M&M India have worked hard on the car, but, it seems that it is let down by low-rent interiors, bad ride & lack of refinement.
Interiors are changed in the last minute and not really a core component of automobiles testing. It will have little softer plastics than XUV and for sure will have loads of Beige and Chrome..

More than the cosmetics, wondering how the reliability and initial niggles would be handled. By Trends, M&M is NOT incorporating lessons learnt in their products.

example - Scorpio's TMPS system is more reliable than XUV, ideally should have been the other way around. Scorpio door closes better than XUV's door.

These need to be rectified to compete in the market but M&M knows that throw in a little "snazzy" features to compensate for quality and customers will flock.
Old 13th August 2012, 12:13   #116
Senior - BHPian

IMO M&M seem to have worked more on the looks (SsangYong hadly used to make good looking vehicles until now) & cost, as compared to the other factors like ride quality & feeling of refinement. I believe that European tastes & experience with better vehicles are ahead of Indians, which M&M & SsangYong haven't met with the Korando. Moreover, at times the Euro testers tend to be biased against good Asian products, as compared to average products from laggard European companies/ countries.
Old 14th August 2012, 20:08   #117
BHPian

Updated Rexton W caught on test in India

Quote:
.......Looks like Mahindra were testing the Rexton II in India only in order to fine-tune its mechanicals for the Indian conditions – and probably that is the reason why there was hardly any cladding on the test vehicles that we spotted earlier. The Ssangyon Rexton W though, is the facelift of the Rexton II with tweaks to the powertrain and other mechanicals. Our sources tell us that the Rexton W caught on test here was the RX270 XDi, which runs a Mercedes Benz derived 2.7-litre diesel engine that puts out over 160 PS of power. It runs a 5-speed E-tronic automatic transmission mated to a part-time four-wheel-drive system. ........
Source:Exclusive! 2013 Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton W caught on test in India
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra to launch Korando and Rexton-2fe41825c4b770ff00283e18ac46d6ff_555x416_1.jpg  

Old 17th August 2012, 11:59   #118
BHPian

One of my relative works in paint shop at M&M chakan and he says that currently he is seeing a whole batch of Rextons at the paint shop which he thinks are launch/press td vehicles. Road presence according to him is as good as Fortuner.
Mods : please feel free to delete this post if it doesnt sound authentic.
heman_369 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 12:10   #119
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,

I am posting a few pictures that i caught on my way to goa on 11/8/12 (the Banglore - Pune highway). I presume its the Rexton,but if its wrong kindly point out what car is it.

Please forgive for the poor quality as it was shot with mu iphone 3gs which doesn't have a flash and also it was very cloudy and raining.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra to launch Korando and Rexton-6.jpg  

Mahindra to launch Korando and Rexton-8.jpg  

Mahindra to launch Korando and Rexton-9.jpg  

Mahindra to launch Korando and Rexton-img.jpg  

Mahindra to launch Korando and Rexton-img1.jpg  

kar.carthik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 21:01   #120
BHPian

With Mahindra A*S*S already getting over-stretched with all those XUVs and the other routine servicings, do they have the where-withall to handle the Rexton and the Korando at this stage?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks