Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2010, 11:45   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ford India's Midnight Sale. EDIT :Now on 5th December 2012

Good to see something new; it's about time marketing departments start thinking beyond TV & newspaper ads. Certainly an innovative way to grab the attention of potential customers.

High Points:

- Ford flags off "Midnight Sale” concept across all its dealerships. The Midnight Sale would see all Ford dealerships operate from 8 a.m. till midnight, only on Saturday - December 4.

- Midnight Sale also provides customers a chance to win assured gifts worth up to Rs 1 crore on December 4. Customers who will book their cars during the 'Midnight-Sale' will win gifts like LCD TVs, Refrigerator, DVD players and mobile phones.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2010, 11:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Wow, they should have this more often, so that potential customers would plan for it---like waiting for Thanksgiving sale.
Old 4th December 2010, 12:00   #3
BHPian

Thats fantastic. Just checked Ford's website and they're offering INR 70,000/- discounts on Ikon & Fiesta models from 4th to 13th of this month and it doesn't stop here. They are conducting a winter season free check-up & car wash with some good discounts on parts like battery, wiper, fog lamps and oil filters.

Check their website for more.
Ford December Dhamaka
Ford Winter Camp
Old 4th December 2010, 12:10   #4
Team-BHP Support

Should I rush to the dealership NOW?

^^ Nor is the GM picking up the phone and have shot them a mail.

Fingers crossed.

EDIT--

The web-site is mentioning it as a 10 day offer.
Have a look Ford India

Last edited by Sheel : 4th December 2010 at 12:22.
Old 4th December 2010, 12:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

nice. They are brining a thanksgiving concept to India. Supercool. Wish others follow suit.
Old 4th December 2010, 12:39   #6
BHPian

Do Ford marketing guys feel that the customers would be more relaxed buying a car at late hours ? I personally don't understand the logic behind this Ford's midnight scheme. Purchasing is a car is certainly not a casual thing ( at least in India ) . I don't feel customers would find it convenient to rush to the show rooms at late nights ( along with their family / friends ), after having a hectic day at the office. And the scheme is valid only for one night !!!

Last edited by auto-one : 4th December 2010 at 12:49.
Old 4th December 2010, 12:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

Well one thing that has to be read between lines here.

In the print ad that Ford has been putting across, one obvious miss is the Ikon, might not be a forgetful thing.
Likewise, I did have a friend getting quotes for the ford cars two days back, the printer price list did not contain details of Ikon at all. Is it in its way out, I thought the TDCi was still alive, isnt it?

Nevertheless, the concept is good and new.
Any new change in marketing always welcome immaterial of its really useful to customers or not.
All it requires is auto majors to think differently, just like the three year 0 cost service of Chevy

Last edited by xingamazon : 4th December 2010 at 12:50.
Old 4th December 2010, 13:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

I dont see the point here. Just by keeping thier shop open from 0800 am till midnight is going to boost sales for them????

At the end of the day, it is quality, service and a host of other factors that matter. Or something like free service for 2 / 3 years, where there is an actual cash benefit for owners.

Lets see what impact this has on the sales number
Old 4th December 2010, 21:10   #9
Team-BHP Support

Damn, missed it.

The dealership is 350kms away and today being Saturday, the banks stopped functioning post 1:30pm, so couldn't book one.

Though they are saying that accessories worth 6K shall be provided. Peanuts!
Old 5th December 2010, 02:05   #10
Senior - BHPian

Wow! I won a 8 Gb pen drive. Funny thing is that it is not on the list of assured gifts of LCD TV, 180L fridge, DVD player or mobile phone assured bu the sales rep.

Booked a Colorado red Zxi TcDi. Anything in particular I should look for before taking delivery? (Have gone through normally crazy's PDI guide.)
Apart from the pen drive, I also get Rs.6000/- worth of accessories and Extended warranty worth Rs.3550/- free. Should I ask the dealer to throw in anything else?
Old 5th December 2010, 02:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
Do Ford marketing guys feel that the customers would be more relaxed buying a car at late hours ? I personally don't understand the logic behind this Ford's midnight scheme. Purchasing is a car is certainly not a casual thing ( at least in India ). I don't feel customers would find it convenient to rush to the show rooms at late nights ( along with their family / friends ), after having a hectic day at the office. And the scheme is valid only for one night !!!
I agree it is not the same as buying a consumer durable product, but it looks more like they want to convert enquiries into sales. a little birdie tells me there have been a lot of enquiries and TDs. it could be that people have also been holding back on purchases due to other launches (perhaps Etios?). It could also be to reduce stock of 2010 manufactured cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnivara View Post
Thats fantastic. Just checked Ford's website and they're offering INR 70,000/- discounts on Ikon & Fiesta models from 4th to 13th of this month and it doesn't stop here. They are conducting a winter season free check-up & car wash with some good discounts on parts like battery, wiper, fog lamps and oil filters.
It looks like a stock clearance in anticipation the new Fiesta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Wow! I won a 8 Gb pen drive. Funny thing is that it is not on the list of assured gifts of LCD TV, 180L fridge, DVD player or mobile phone assured bu the sales rep.

Booked a Colorado red Zxi TcDi. Anything in particular I should look for before taking delivery? (Have gone through normally crazy's PDI guide.)
Apart from the pen drive, I also get Rs.6000/- worth of accessories and Extended warranty worth Rs.3550/- free. Should I ask the dealer to throw in anything else?
Congrats for your booking! The red looks smashing

Overall it is great to have something more consumer friendly. I hope it initiates some competition in this area too - car manufacturers should fight to earn our bookings
Old 5th December 2010, 06:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

So what happened to this one? Any of our members were able to book one? What was your experience? Looking forward to hear from you.

Adding 2 cents of my thoughts...was this published in newspapers? Not sure; IMO, Ford should've published this info about a week or 2 ago; may be they wanted to avoid spending on it unnecessarily I guess.

If it were done midnight of 31-Dec or 25-Dec, then its probably a New year or Christmas sale, but why 4-Dec?
Old 5th December 2010, 08:56   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Wow! I won a 8 Gb pen drive.

Booked a Colorado red Zxi TcDi.
Apart from the pen drive, I also get Rs.6000/- worth of accessories and Extended warranty worth Rs.3550/- free.
Congrats on your drive. Thats a fab color you've booked and its really great to see Ford guys are doing something which really adds to customer satisfaction. Other manufacturers should follow Ford on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
It looks like a stock clearance in anticipation the new Fiesta?
But still, 70k discount on one of the best selling sedan? Its really good. Would have been better if there were anything on cards for Figo too! IMO, even a 15k discount on Figo would do magic numbers for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Overall it is great to have something more consumer friendly. I hope it initiates some competition in this area too - car manufacturers should fight to earn our bookings
Old 5th December 2010, 10:31   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
If it were done midnight of 31-Dec or 25-Dec, then its probably a New year or Christmas sale, but why 4-Dec?
I agree with you. Sales or no sales , but at least it could have witnessed a high recall. BTW these dates with the midnight timings seem to be perfect for new launches !!

Last edited by auto-one : 5th December 2010 at 10:37.
Old 5th December 2010, 14:36   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
May be this is a trial version. This scheme may relaunch again on 25th /31st Dec.

Most Viewed