Team-BHP - BMW 520D @ Rs.36,90,000 ex showroom Delhi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   BMW 520D @ Rs.36,90,000 ex showroom Delhi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/93257-bmw-520d-rs-36-90-000-ex-showroom-delhi.html)

BMW 520d

BMW 520D @ Rs.36,90,000 ex showroom Delhi-photo1513.jpg

BMW has quietly launched the F10 520D for a mouth watering price of rs. 36,90,000 ex showroom Delhi, making it cheaper by Rs. 3 lakh as compared to the 525D.

Key specs:
BMW 520D @ Rs.36,90,000 ex showroom Delhi-photo1511.jpg

This is a NAAH for petrolheads. Bring that 530D.

No wonder. I saw a 520d on the road last week and couldn't convince myself that it's already been launched. Quiet launch indeed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingspur (Post 2165374)
No wonder. I saw a 520d on the road last week and couldn't convince myself that it's already been launched. Quiet launch indeed.

I noticed that the , 4 seasons hotel & taj lands end f10s dont have the model spec logos on them. Aren't they supposed to be 520ds ?

Boon for the chauffeur driven. Being a bimmer diesel it'll be refined and frugal. Nice to see none of the features stripped down a la E60 520d. Good package !

Quote:

Originally Posted by petroguzzler (Post 2165363)
This is a NAAH for petrolheads. Bring that 530D.

Or "Dieselheads"?:)

On a more serious note, what becomes now of the E Class Executive, the A6 2.7TDI and the Volvo S80 D5? And this might be a very sensible buy in the segment unless you absolutely crave for 6- cylinder smoothness.

And, OMG, the new version at Rs 36.9L is almost Rs 5L cheaper than the E250CDI Elegance, which goes at Rs 41.55L in Delhi!

I posted details of this car in the official review done by GTO, and trust me for 80% people buying the 5, or even people buying the 320d highline this makes a lot more sense, and while it isnt as powerful as the bigger motors, it is not something that will make you frown, I had a very very short drive few weeks back in the customers car and it did not leave much to be desired for most and BMW offers amazing deals which make it a far more tempting buy compared to the E and the A6.

I wonder when would BMW re align the 3 to better pricing or maybe they can just have the 320d in the corporate edition and have the 325/330d as their highline variant?

Cannot wait for the sales figures now as F10 goes on and on leading the market space.

Never knew Four seasons moved onto F10's, thought they were on the 7'ers,

Quote:

Originally Posted by S350L-E240 (Post 2165580)

Never knew Four seasons moved onto F10's, thought they were on the 7'ers,

They might even have 7s ,i dont recall. But i have surely spotted a lot of their un-badged 5s moving around. Thats why its difficult to figure out if they are 25d or 20d. I am guessing the 25d and 20d get the same 17 inch rims.

Good for the taxis & chauffeur-driven, and a lower entry price will definitely help the 5's sales. I am also pleasantly surprised by the kit level of the 520d. Except for a 6 DVD changer, it loses absolutely nothing to the 525.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo (Post 2165429)
I noticed that the , 4 seasons hotel & taj lands end f10s dont have the model spec logos on them. Aren't they supposed to be 520ds ?

Yup. But who would want to brag about owning a fleet full of the lowest variant? :)

Impressive that they kept the trim level nearly identical. When you pay 40 lakhs for a car, you expect a loaded vehicle with a different set of mechanicals.

I wonder if they kept the brake energy regeneration and the smart alternator?

Id love see a performance and FE comparison to the 525d. Kudos to BMW India

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2166040)

Yup. But who would want to brag about owning a fleet full of the lowest variant? :)

lol: True.
Whats more, even the small subtleties like the front grille are unchanged. With the E60, the front grille of the 520D was black with chrome surrounds and the other variants had a whole chrome kidney grille.
With the f10, even the front grille is fully chrome.
I would also be interested in seeing if the 520D gets white angel eyes like other variants or the usual yellow

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo (Post 2165429)
I noticed that the 4 seasons hotel & taj lands end f10s dont have the model spec logos on them. Aren't they supposed to be 520ds ?

I've seen these at the workshop, they DID have the badges on at the back. Maybe they were taken off later or something.

By the way, even the old 520d was priced at exactly this figure i.e. 36.9L ex-showroom Mumbai. It works out to about 42 OTR Mumbai (going by their ridiculous insurance and registration demands). I remember these figures clearly because we pondered a LOT over them :) So if there's a new model with new tech and at the same price, then it's a good scene for buyers looking to make the jump. And I suppose that there WILL be many, because the E90 is on it's way out and the F10 makes as tempting a proposition as ever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingspur (Post 2166237)
..So if there's a new model with new tech and at the same price, then it's a good scene for buyers looking to make the jump. And I suppose that there WILL be many, because the E90 is on it's way out and the F10 makes as tempting a proposition as ever.

>>>

Read somewhere (can't remember, but it was a Bimmer forum) that the new 3 (F30) would be launched at the Geneva Auto Show 2012 and I'd expect it to come to India a few months after that, maybe by mid 2012 at the earliest.

If that be true, there is still some time left for the E90. Hope the F30 for India has the in line six and hydraulic steering in its line up, as opposed to the F10.

Regards, drive safe

One factor we completely missed out on : Fuel efficiency. The 520d has a 4 cylinder engine, compared to the 6 cylinder unit of the 525 / 530. The 520's tank range will be noticeably more than its powerful siblings. For the record, the 520's ARAI rating is 18.4 kpl. Of course, the figure is far from real world, and we should ignore this all the more due to the tranny's 8th gear (which is most suited to ARAI's expressway cruising style). Still, realistically, the 520d should easily give 9.5 - 10 kpl in the city.

BMW claims a 0 - 100 of 8.1 seconds.

Was just checking the BMW India website and did a model comparison between 520d & 530d. It says 520d is a 'straight six-cylinder petrol engine' :Frustrati.

Even the combined mileage of both the cars looks to be misrepresented i.e. the 520d shows 5.2L/100km (19.23 KM/L) as compared to ARAI's 18.4KM/L as said by GTO, and 530d shows 16.4L/100KM (6.2 KM/L) which looks to be on the lower side.

Source: BMW 5 Series : Model comparison

BMW 520D @ Rs.36,90,000 ex showroom Delhi-picture-1.png