Team-BHP - Chevrolet launches festive edition aveo and u-va
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Chevrolet launches festive edition aveo and u-va (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/93258-chevrolet-launches-festive-edition-aveo-u-va.html)

available on
Chevrolet launches festive edition aveo and u-va-dsc00004.jpg

Aveo 1.4 LS and LS CNG added features:
Chevrolet launches festive edition aveo and u-va-dsc00001.jpg

U-va 1.2 base and 1.2 LS added featuresfor prices contact your dealer.

Is the 3 year free maintenance scheme available for these vehicles too or is it only on the SPARK and BEAT?

they just went ahead and turned ailing, one-foot-in-the-grave cars HIDEOUS with those quirky decals. C'mon GM, just allow these cars to fade away with dignity

re: the UVA.This is a graphic illustration of how to make an ugly car look even uglier.

Hmm, they really want to flog the dead horse, don't they?

Chevy should treat us to the Cruze hatchback! :) Completely different segment, I know, but still.

Seems there is no festivities for Cruze/Spark/Beat ! Kinda cruel by Chevy.

2 DIN touch screen HU with reversing camera display in Aveo - thats a first in the segment. Pity GM could resort to such gimmicks rather than making the Aveo more punchier and resolving the gear box issues.
The 3 year maintenance free should also have been offered to draw customers atleast to test drive forget buying.

This looks more like a stock clearance sale following on the heels of the recently announced Ford sale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 2165833)
2 DIN touch screen HU with reversing camera display in Aveo - thats a first in the segment. Pity GM could resort to such gimmicks rather than making the Aveo more punchier and resolving the gear box issues.
The 3 year maintenance free should also have been offered to draw customers atleast to test drive forget buying.

This looks more like a stock clearance sale following on the heels of the recently announced Ford sale.

There are no gear box issues. I picked up an Aveo 1+ years ago. Absolutely no problem with the gears. it slots in just fine.

I did not opt for the 15k 3yrs maintenance free schedule. However so far 3rd service over and the service bills are way below the Hyundai Santro one which we also have.
2nd Service just Rs 145/-
3rd Service with oil change + Air filter replacement + regular service - 2.5k

However the stickering is kind of silly. Something like what Cidea and Logan tried out. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fillmore (Post 2165849)
There are no gear box issues. I picked up an Aveo 1+ years ago. Absolutely no problem with the gears. it slots in just fine.

@Fillmore - Good to know that you have no issues with the gear box.

What I had experienced was during my test drive when the gears were not slotting smoothly enough, felt a lot of rigidity. On a couple of occassions had to confirm whether the gear was correctly slotted or not. Also the reverse gear lock was hindering gear knob grip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOR (Post 2165829)
Seems there is no festivities for Cruze/Spark/Beat ! Kinda cruel by Chevy.

Nope! Spark starts @ 2.69L and Beat starts at 3.29L

Chevrolet launches festive edition aveo and u-va-07_12_2010_005_0061.jpg

Regards

Vinu

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 2165852)
@Fillmore - Good to know that you have no issues with the gear box.

What I had experienced was during my test drive when the gears were not slotting smoothly enough, felt a lot of rigidity. On a couple of occassions had to confirm whether the gear was correctly slotted or not. Also the reverse gear lock was hindering gear knob grip.

I have clocked 45K+ kms on my aveo over the past 2 years. Initially the gears were a bit difficult to slot in but after a few months of ownership they just slotted in fine as in any other car I have driven. I guess over a period of time you get used to it.

I dont know how many people who bash the aveo have actually owned the car for a considerable amount to make such comments. In my experience I think the car has served me well for 45k+ kms and has proven to be an excellent buy and has been totally VFM.

Well cant beleive GM is also posing the competitors price in their ad's.

Read: Maruti Alto k10 @3.03 L !

I think this is the stock removal strategy adopted by GM for clearing Aveo and U-Va.

That is really bad cause people who have bought spark and beat recently will be cursing the company for diluting the products that are selling quite well

There were reports that the Aveo siblings will soon be phased out and replaced with GM SAIC's Sail twins, which is sometime next year. So, is this a clearance sale then?