Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 02:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra's new body kit for the xylo.

Mahindra can't improve on XYLO looks beyond a certain point because of the simple fact that it will eat the market share of Scorpio. It really looks like a Huge PIG. This is the only vehicle whose number plate always looks tiny, however big it may be.

Last edited by carwatcher : 25th November 2011 at 02:39.
Old 25th November 2011, 09:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Mahindra can't improve on XYLO looks beyond a certain point because of the simple fact that it will eat the market share of Scorpio. It really looks like a Huge PIG. This is the only vehicle whose number plate always looks tiny, however big it may be.
I think facelifted xylo is on its way. I see the camouflaged Xylo's parked near the Mahindra Kandivali plant. It seems that from a distance, the face has been made more SUV than an MPV. The front overhang was a big more giving it better posture. Hoping to see a good front (I don't mind getting a walrus tooth if it suits the car).
Old 25th November 2011, 12:29   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I think facelifted xylo is on its way. I see the camouflaged Xylo's parked near the Mahindra Kandivali plant. It seems that from a distance, the face has been made more SUV than an MPV.
The body kit seems to be a stop gap before they actually do something about its looks in the long term even though it will surely not serve the purpose. It is hard to figure out any real difference with the body kit added on. The vehicle really need a new face lift which will be the first after its initial launch. Mahindras have launched downgraded variants such as cab version with Di engine and even their pick up Genio has a Xylo driver cabin. All this would pull down its brand image in the personal buyer space at least in our country and makes it a perfect case for a differentiated identity atleast for the mainstream Xylo's selling to individuals.
Old 25th November 2011, 12:58   #34
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Yep the Xylo is no looker but the kit is decent I feel. I does match reasonably well and does as much as an add on kit can do. Wider fenders is that is addtionally required.

I guess a new variant will be out soon. Besides for the width the Xylo appears too long and tall. (rather is too narrow for the height) The only real remedy is reducing the extra height or increasing the width and that is something that we cannot expect even in a refresh and will require us to wait for the next evolution.
Old 25th November 2011, 21:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

That's one of the most horrid,pretentious OEM body-kit I've ever seen!
Old 26th November 2011, 03:43   #36
BHPian

Nope doesn't make any difference to its looks at all !!..

Note to M&M :- Instead of waisting your resources on designing Body kits please utilise it in making the front look a bit less hedious.

And if you don't want to bother yourself much then please go through the photo-shop thread on team-bhp itself and take some designing inspiration .
Old 26th November 2011, 10:52   #37
BHPian

The garnish around the Mahindra logo in the rear, is the same one used on the Verito, around the logo. Only that its been rotated 180°
Old 26th November 2011, 11:35   #38
Team-BHP Support

When I saw the Xylo for the first time, I thought to myself, "what are the guys in the Mahindra Design Dept. thinking when they saw the final sketch and mold, and said: Yes that is approved, we will call it..!"

Honestly, it's very disproportionate. For an MUV that's as tall as the Xylo, it needs to be wider. If not for the sake of looks, for the sake of handling and safety!

And when I heard the XUV is in the pipeline, I felt a little shiver down my spine, just imagining what the XUV would look like. Thankfully, they haven't really messed it up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks