Team-BHP - Mahindra's new body kit for the xylo.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mahindra's new body kit for the xylo. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/93330-mahindras-new-body-kit-xylo.html)

Source xylo orkut/facebook community.

Mahindra has given a facelft to the xylo with the new body kit offered, what do you guys think about it? I think the body kit looks good on the xylo makes it more meatier.

Mods move to appropriate thread if required.

With the body kit, the Xylo looks moderately better. What Xylo needs is a real Facelift (the headlights & bunny tooth has to go + a real good improvement in the ride quality.

That is a very nice add-on on the MUV, it makes it look more aggressive and stylish. This job makes it look a little handsome indeed.

Did not like it. The front looks even more busier! What with the ribbed undertray both in the front and the back.The rear now looks even more taller.

It looks like the designer of the body kit was taking inspirations from Innova front view. Gives a good appeal to the car as such and any idea if this is a standard fitting or an add on? The bulge above rear number plate on which Mahindra logo is placed looks little out of place. M&M designer need to do something to improve the rear looks of the Xylo. No offence meant, just my opinion.

Overall a good improvement and it looks more aggressive.

Nice color IMO. Rare one. The body kit makes it little more meaty. The turning indicator on the side should have been transparent or replaced with a mirror mounted one.

Any idea about the price?

Its a horrible cars in the first place. Adding two bits of plastic does not make it more attractive.

They surely have to upgrade their design team. Learn from GM. Cruze is as such an optra with a whole new shell, best way to cheat people. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirAlec (Post 2167140)
They surely have to upgrade their design team. Learn from GM. Cruze is as such an optra with a whole new shell, best way to cheat people. :)

As far as I heard is, what the people in Mahindra R&D is not designing but just copy pasting some other's design.

Xylo is an Innova in M&M's shell. Basic structure and stuff are copied from Innova. Don't know how people will respond to this statement, but I can't reveal the source on a public forum.

I recently test drove a Xylo for someone. It actually rode and handled better than what it felt when it was recently introduced. I am sure there has been soft improvements made.

Only one comment on this - Ugly becomes uglier!

Looks like the kit was designed by the same guys who did Xylo.
Perfect fit.

-- Torqy

A diffuser type thing behind on a XYLO, ROFL. Looks super ugly

I can probably explain the whole ugly xylo design in three words: Cheap Chinese Imports.

I have seen a bunch of suspiciously similar MPV designs in Shenzhen's auto-cluster. It appears - and I may be wrong - that Mahindra outsourced some design/spec to a cheap Chinese chop-shop for cost reasons.

Consider this - the suave 'italian' design we know/speak of requires (1) considerable investment and (2) continuous license/annuity fees. While Tata recently purchased a design firm - Mahindra has no such expertise. Its fairly possible that they outsourced the bunch (design+dyes) to China. Chinese do the design+dyes at a tenth of the price of Italians (or germans - pick your design country).

Let's hope Mahindra acquires some name-brand korean design team after they're done with the acquisition of the crap known as Ssangyong.

Front looks like the vehicles they show in Hero Honda (Hunk) ad!!. I like Xylo interior.

Not to my taste, don't like it at all.