Team-BHP - Audi A7 Spotted in India!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Audi A7 Spotted in India! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/93404-audi-a7-spotted-india.html)

AUTOCAR INDIA spotted the Audi A7 under testing(for ARAI?)

SCOOP! Audi A7 spotted in India | Autocar India

The side profile reminds me of the panamera. There should have been some inkling of a boot, separate from the roof. But the front is GORGEOUS! Btw, I believe this car will be coming in Quattro-only. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Nice catch. Audi's answer to the uber-successful 5GT I guess. Frankly, the only part I like on this car is from upfront.

Again, whats the point of removing the Audi rings from the boot, rims and forgetting it to remove from the front? :D Vorsprung Durch Logic?

The A7 looks fantastic. I almost mistook it for a Masearti GT from the rear view.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamik.bose (Post 2165327)
The side profile reminds me of the panamera. There should have been some inkling of a boot, separate from the roof. But the front is GORGEOUS! Btw, I believe this car will be coming in Quattro-only. Correct me if I'm wrong.

A NON-quattro 201hp diesel version would be an option and that WOULD be offered in India. Unfortunately its usually the higher end performance versions that dont make it to India. It will most surely be offered in the 3.0 tfsi 300hp petrol and 3.0TDI 540NM diesel versions. The not so good part about this specific car is , the delcious 4.2TDI V8 offered on the A8 and Q7 isnt even an option on the A7. Sad. Nonetheless, bloody gorgeous car

The front is unmistakably Audi. The side profile is what I find most appealing (and I also second the Panamera like observation).

The rear doesn't look well put together in my opinion. It looks dated to me.

>>>

The A7 concept was shown at the Indian Auto Show in New Delhi this year.
That was an outstanding design from which some inputs have been incorporated in the A7.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo (Post 2165409)
A NON-quattro 201hp diesel version would be an option and that WOULD be offered in India. Unfortunately its usually the higher end performance versions that dont make it to India. It will most surely be offered in the 3.0 tfsi 300hp petrol and 3.0TDI 540NM diesel versions. The not so good part about this specific car is , the delcious 4.2TDI V8 offered on the A8 and Q7 isnt even an option on the A7. Sad. Nonetheless, bloody gorgeous car

You mean the new 2.7 TDi? And yeah not getting the V8's was a disappointment. Its not even getting a V8 petrol, IIRC. Atleast, not right now. IMO, a car like this needs to have some go faster bits. And a BIG powerful engine to go with the looks.

I think this car and a lot of others are catching up on the 4 dour coupe trend that the CLS started. They are all waking up now after mercedes did it. This is audi's answer to it.

Phew!! That is a mean looking and yet gorgeous Audi there and will be a head turner for sure. What is the price gonna be like. ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamik.bose (Post 2165485)
You mean the new 2.7 TDi? And yeah not getting the V8's was a disappointment. Its not even getting a V8 petrol, IIRC. Atleast, not right now. IMO, a car like this needs to have some go faster bits. And a BIG powerful engine to go with the looks.

Yes the 2.7TDI just slightly in a higher state of tune perhaps. The consolation with the petrols is that it will most certainly be getting a huge V8/V10 monster in the form of an RS7. The RS models always launch substantially after the normal versions so perhaps it wont be seen before 2012. BUT....when it does, its sure to have a HUGE V8 or maybe even better, the same bi-turbo V10 5.2 from the Gallardo as is seen on the current RS6 albeit in a higher state of tune compared to its smaller sibling.
I see no such luck with the diesels. The 4.2tdi V8 is just a distant dream.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancham (Post 2165563)
Phew!! That is a mean looking and yet gorgeous Audi there and will be a head turner for sure. What is the price gonna be like. ?

Prices quoted are a starting price tag of anywhere around 58-61 lakhs for the base version viz. the 2.7TDI. But it hardly makes sense as the options list is ridiculously huge and even if a certain amount of NECESSARY features are opted for (forget the luxury and pamper features) the price skyrockets.
Even a 2.7TDI at its fully-loaded best would be easily hovering around the 70-72 mark.Easily. Buying the fully loaded 3.0 petrol or diesel V6s means serious green. 80-85 odd.

Looks very nice, definitely a little more dignified than the similarly endowed Panamera / 5GT. Also, IMO this is definitely the only good application of those LEDs after the R8/A4. Audi hasn't been doing the LED thing too elegantly with the new releases, plastering every car with an overkill of LEDs. The best example of that being the facelifted Q7.

2.7 TDI? I'm a little disappointed. Should give it a bigger heart.

By the way, does ARAI test on the expressway? I don't think so, this is probably Audi doing something internally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingspur (Post 2166222)
Looks very nice, definitely a little more dignified than the similarly endowed Panamera / 5GT. Also, IMO this is definitely the only good application of those LEDs after the R8/A4. Audi hasn't been doing the LED thing too elegantly with the new releases, plastering every car with an overkill of LEDs. The best example of that being the facelifted Q7.

2.7 TDI? I'm a little disappointed. Should give it a bigger heart.

By the way, does ARAI test on the expressway? I don't think so, this is probably Audi doing something internally.

It dosnt end there...2.7TDI "FWD" ..beat that !
Why ...just why on earth would they want to come up with a hot pair of wheels and screw it up with a mere 200 horses and FWD ???
If they are planning to be pitted against the Panamera, Rapide, Grande Coupe Concept & CLS then they should be far far more powerful than this. IMO even the 3.0 tfsi just isnt good enough....i mean for the competition they are up against. They need a supercharged V8 in the form of an S7 and later a crazy V10 in the RS.
3.0TDI & 4.2TDI would have been the best bets. I say would as the 4.2 dosnt exist with the A7.
I mean just why would someone spend loads of money in buying an A7,loading it with all the luxury features and then torture it with a 2.7 oil burner ? heart wrenching really

IMHO Its ugly... specifically the side profile, reminds me of the more ugly X6. Soon they'll have a Q6 to compete with the X6.

the front looks impressive, the profile looks slightly confusing because of the back, and the back definitely looks fugly!!

the cls still remains the best looking 4 door coupe in my opinion - this side of 1 crore.