Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2010, 23:05   #16
BHPian

Re: Now, Tata Nano with 4 year warranty as standard!

Great move from TATA. Now they need to come with an ad campaign promoting all these points. The combination of the warranty and the maintenance contract will surely take care of the competition from used cars. Will surely give the Nano the image of an extremely cheap car to own. And with the financing problems taken care of, suddenly the car is within the reach of the target audience. I am sure the Nano will be back with a bang then.

And please give the car a left hand side ORVM. It will not only enhance the ease of driving but also improve the looks of the car by making it look symmetrical.

Last edited by burnt. : 9th December 2010 at 23:08.
Old 10th December 2010, 09:19   #17
BHPian

Well, this is a smart move by TATA motors in offering extended warranty. They have also introduced a Rs 99 a month maintenance option to control running costs. Among other things, it is setting up special Nano access points, or Snaps, roping in service outlets to display the car in addition to dealerships, tying up with banks not just at the state level but also with branches in far-flung areas, offering up to 90% financing and unleashing a sustained advertising campaign in select states
Old 10th December 2010, 13:57   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
One of the major cause of drop in the numbers of Nano seems to be not advertising it on TV.
So true. I haven't seen a single TV ad for the Nano. Tata must be happy with the publicity generated at the time of launch. I'd say it was the most for any car ever launched in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
does this mean that I am entitled to a 4 year bumper to bumper? and I had paid a premium to get their extended warranty of I think 4 years so would I be entitled to a prorata refund of the amount?
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
During my purchase, i had opted for the extended warranty. So, will they refund that amount? Or will that be a waste of money? Any idea?
Fat chance of them refunding. Check and let us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
I am assuming you mean they are extending it as a 'purchaseable' option? I have my nano for nearly 10 months and it still has the std-18mth pack. I will check with the dealer about buying the extra 2.5 years for a price.
Nope. My understanding of the press release is that, the warranty has been extended to 4 years for ALL Nano owners (no extra cost).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
P.S: My jaws dropped when my bro told me about 10 Yrs powertrain warranty for Hyundai Genesis in the USA!
Catch that jaw . Hyundai also offers an extended bumper-to-bumper warranty on the Sonata for $1,000 - 1,500. That's right....pay $1,500 and everything in the car is covered for 10 years!!
Old 10th December 2010, 14:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Re: Excellent!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007;2169395
P.S: My jaws dropped when my bro told me about 10 Yrs powertrain warranty for Hyundai Genesis in the USA!

Read more here: [url=http://www.hyundaiusa.com/assurance/america-best-warranty.aspx
Hyundai Assurance | America's Best Warranty[/url]
Its for all cars. Even an accent is included.
Old 16th December 2010, 00:00   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Clearly, Nano strategists are burning the midnight oil. Added latest update to the opening post:

Quote:
- Nano also available with 90% financing. Tata Motors Finance promises to approve Nano loans within 48 hours.
P.S. The fact that my post was submitted at exactly midnight is sheer coincidence. Honest

Last edited by GTO : 16th December 2010 at 00:02.
Old 16th December 2010, 10:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

Read in today's paper, that Nano is available at 0% downpayment. Enticing offer, but knowing that a PS version is coming soon, it may just be a move to offload non PS stock.
Old 16th December 2010, 15:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

Who needs power steering in a car this small?!?!?

I am now sorely tempted to buy one as a runabout!
Old 17th December 2010, 22:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Tata guys are listening to TBHP suggestions. Just saw Nano ad on TV featuring yellow Nano.
Old 18th December 2010, 01:41   #24
BHPian

The Ad is cute and good. I love that seat covers.

Some one commented that Power steering not required. But the topend should have, as many ceo's bought and many want to buy and use it along with Mercs & BMws. The large crowd of Teen girls would love to have one with Power Steering.
Old 18th December 2010, 06:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
The Ad is cute and good. I love that seat covers.

Some one commented that Power steering not required. But the topend should have, as many ceo's bought and many want to buy and use it along with Mercs & BMws. The large crowd of Teen girls would love to have one with Power Steering.
PS and Auto Tranny. Not only teen girls, all mamys and wifes will love to drive one too. They will be willing to pay more too and increased margin for TM too.
Old 18th December 2010, 08:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Read in today's paper, that Nano is available at 0% downpayment. Enticing offer, but knowing that a PS version is coming soon, it may just be a move to offload non PS stock.
This was out in Kolkata papers too, does anyone know how this works and what would be the tenure of the loan and EMI, suppose one buys a CX model.
Old 18th December 2010, 09:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

Old 18th December 2010, 14:24   #28
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Finally. Tata has done what they should have done about one years ago. Launching a TV ad.
Old 18th December 2010, 15:07   #29
BHPian

In today's Telugu paper , there is an ad announcing a discount of Rs.30000/- on a Nano.

Murthy
Old 18th December 2010, 19:28   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinimurthy View Post
In today's Telugu paper , there is an ad announcing a discount of Rs.30000/- on a Nano.

Murthy
If they give 30k off, on a zero downpayment option, I'm sure buying the CX varient.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks