Team-BHP - Bangalore Car Sales - Nov 2010
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Bangalore Car Sales - Nov 2010 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/93459-bangalore-car-sales-nov-2010-a.html)

There is always much discussion when the Manufacturer numbers are posted every month. I would like to added to this discussion by starting a new thread on the Retail Sales figures in Bangalore. Hopefully I will be able to do this every month around 10th after the data is consolidated.

For the month of November'10 the total car sales for Bangalore was 6353 cars.

The Manufacturer Market Share is a below

MUL - 2945 nos @ 46%
Hyundai - 1366 nos @ 22%
Ford - 310 nos @ 5%
Telco - 302 nos @ 5%
Honda - 280 nos @ 4%
GM - 229 nos @ 3%
Toyota - 191 nos @ 3%
VW - 191 nos @ 3%
Mahindra - 173 nos @ 3%
Skoda - 152 nos @ 2%
Fiat - 121 nos @ 2%
Nissan - 58 nos @ 1%
BMW - 16 nos
Mercedes - 10 nos
Mitsubishi - 5 nos
Audi - 4 nos
TOTAL - 6353 nos

The Segment-Wise market is as below

A Segment - 1116 nos @ 18%
B Segment - 3614 nos @ 57%
C Segment - 893 nos @ 14%
C+Segment - 79 nos @ 1%
D Segment - 84 nos @ 1%
MPV - 489 nos @ 8%
SUV - 68 nos @ 1%

The TOP-10 Cars sold in Bangalore for November 10 are

1. Maruti Alto - 721 nos
2. Maruti Swift - 664 nos
3. Hyundai i10 - 645 nos
4. Hyundai i20 - 438 nos
5. Maruti Ritz - 318 nos
6. Maruti WagonR - 303 nos
7. Maruti Omni - 284 nos
8. Ford Figo - 269 nos
9. Maruti Dzire - 248 nos
10. Honda City - 199 nos

I have attached the excel sheet for people to make their own analysis

Bangalore Nov10 Retail.xls

Cheers

KPS

Kps,

Well, thats nice compilation.

I am sad that the honda is rated so low, when i see so many ANHCs around.

Its all the more pathetic to see the the sales of palio and UV A.

Nice compilation.

Honda city for me is a very good number since its the only sedan other than Dzire in the top 10.

That is a very interesting and detailed compilation. Are these numbers sales figures from the dealers or dispatches by manufacturers? Any chance you can get the numbers for other cities like Hyderabad too :D

What is the source of this info ?

What Insight!!!

Thanks KPS. For no particular reason I have affinity towards Tata & Mercedes. There is something to tell about their numbers.

Tata - If bangalore sales is a statistically significant number to test hypothesis on car behaviour of the rising middle class population of India, then Tata take this : your cars have no takers! Even an excellent product like Manza sells dismally compared to its rival and much inferior product (IMO) Dzire! I think the reason is that not many wish to be associated to brand Tata - atleast with cars.

Mercedes - If ever a number could tell you that corporate India - powered by the services sector is set on a higher growth trajectory it is this : 6 S Class sold in a single month in Bangalore and more than the much cheaper C Class. Keep the cash ringing, will you CEOs.

Good to see a detailed breakup in Bangalore, could you share with us the source of this information .

OT : For a non Metro like Bangalore 6k plus cars every month must be a nightmare to accomodate given the infrastructure currently it has.
If every car take 5 meters parking space then every month bengaluru needs 3.1 km of new road just to park these vehicles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrsteer (Post 2170414)
What Insight!!!

Thanks KPS. For no particular reason I have affinity towards Tata & Mercedes. There is something to tell about their numbers.

Tata - If bangalore sales is a statistically significant number to test hypothesis on car behaviour of the rising middle class population of India, then Tata take this : your cars have no takers! Even an excellent product like Manza sells dismally compared to its rival and much inferior product (IMO) Dzire! I think the reason is that not many wish to be associated to brand Tata - atleast with cars.

I felt the Telco performance to be rather better. They with their Vista and Manza are ahead of GM with their spark and beat. Also Ford is at that place because of the Figo-Effect. If we take India as a whole, still their Indica and Indigo are selling in good numbers. So IMO they've takers and the number is increasing :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neilguy (Post 2170378)
Are these numbers sales figures from the dealers or dispatches by manufacturers? Any chance you can get the numbers for other cities like Hyderabad too :D

These are details of actual vehicle registrations and hence reflect the retail sales figues. Difficult to get other city numbers. For example in Hyderabad, you play tax at the Dealership and get a temp number. In Bangalore all vehicles need to be registered by the RTO only. Bangalore RTO has quite advance systems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fillmore (Post 2170398)
What is the source of this info ?

These are actual registration numbers for the month and can be cross verified.

Cheers

KPS

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsan02 (Post 2170426)
Good to see a detailed breakup in Bangalore, could you share with us the source of this information .

OT : For a non Metro like Bangalore 6k plus cars every month must be a nightmare to accomodate given the infrastructure currently it has.
If every car take 5 meters parking space then every month bengaluru needs 3.1 km of new road just to park these vehicles.

Well Approx 31km (not 3.1) of new road:Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by neon_daytona (Post 2171110)
Well Approx 31km (not 3.1) of new road:Shockked:

Good mathematics. :)

Murthy

@KPS Was hunting for city-wise car sales for a long time.Thanks for the info.

Do you have numbers for the other metros?Would be interesting to compare them.

Is Skoda still selling Octavia ?? I see Octavia in the excel sheet !!!

Nice to see that our Bengaluru is backing the Tata Nano well. 104 Nano sales in Bengaluru alone out of a total of 509 across the country as reported by GTO. That's 20%.

So we have the top end S class Mercs as well as the lowest Nano both doing well in Bengaluru.

Thanks KPS! This is great information, and very interesting to analyze especially in comparison to the nationwide sales numbers posted by GTO in another thread.

For example, Fiat sold 1023 cars in the month nationwide and 121 in Bangalore alone. Thus, Bangalore aloe contributes to 10% of Fiat's sales. We always thought (as mentioned several times on this forum) that Fiats are more popular in Bangalore as compared to many other cities, and this data confirms that.

I wonder if anyone knows Fiat numbers for Mumbai. I guess Mumbai plus Bangalore will be a big chunk of Fiat's nationwide numbers.

EDIT: Just to put the above in perspective, let us look at Maruti's numbers. Bangalore sales of Maruti (2945) are barely 3% of nationwide sales (102503).