Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2011, 22:48   #46
BHPian

re: SCOOP : Renault Fluence spotted testing in Chennai *UPDATE* Coming on May 23.

Please check out this video too.
Sry there's no language translation though.

Old 15th March 2011, 13:57   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: SCOOP : Renault Fluence spotted testing in Chennai *UPDATE* Coming on May 23.

According to a highly placed Renault India official, on the condition of anonymity, has revealed that the highly awaited luxury sedan, Fluence which is scheduled for a launch this June, will be priced at Rs 12.5 lakhs (Ex- Showroom).

Source : rushlane.com
Old 15th March 2011, 18:32   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
According to a highly placed Renault India official, on the condition of anonymity, has revealed that the highly awaited luxury sedan, Fluence which is scheduled for a launch this June, will be priced at Rs 12.5 lakhs (Ex- Showroom).
If that ex-showroom is for petrol version, I'd say Renault needs to be more aggressive than that. I was hoping for Cruze like 10.99 base spec price for diesel version. I know its challenging but Renault has 'next to nil' brand equity in India. I don't think they can think of pricing its model even close to 'new' VW Jetta. It looks like decent car though. If priced aggressively, it can do 'fine'. However, if they try to get even close to VW (even Honda/Toyota--> their cars are just a shade lower than VW ones in terms of price) territory in terms of price, they will struggle. BIG TIME!
Old 15th March 2011, 20:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

^^
Most of the reports suggest that , it will the oil burner which will come first !
Old 16th March 2011, 12:32   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
If that ex-showroom is for petrol version, I'd say Renault needs to be more aggressive than that. I was hoping for Cruze like 10.99 base spec price for diesel version. I know its challenging but Renault has 'next to nil' brand equity in India. I don't think they can think of pricing its model even close to 'new' VW Jetta. It looks like decent car though. If priced aggressively, it can do 'fine'. However, if they try to get even close to VW (even Honda/Toyota--> their cars are just a shade lower than VW ones in terms of price) territory in terms of price, they will struggle. BIG TIME!
Couldn't agree more with Abhi. Renault will have to make good the branding damage caused by the Logan by trying to gain initial traction for it's global models through aggressive pricing. If they try to get this car with C+ pricing of Civic/Altis, they've had it.
Sure they realize that and I think Fluence will be priced smartly, perhaps through a low introductory offer for the first year or so.
Old 20th April 2011, 19:38   #51
Senior - BHPian

Renault Fluence test drive by Overdrive team in France:

French open - Renault Fluence - First Drive : Overdrive

Apart from other things one point that caught my eye was the ride that was termed as compliant in one para. But, later they mention that strong winds could unsettle the car. Doesn't it means that the car has ride quality like the ANHV (at best) or similar to Altis (probably)... & nowhere near to European standards.

Good Part for the Rs.10 lacs plus price for which they wish to put the car on sale, a 2L 140BHP petrol is expected, & the interiors are really good.
Old 21st April 2011, 00:01   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

So they plan to open new dealers and service centers by June?? How many of them as well? So even before they think of deciding to sell the cars, they should be worrying about these factors. After all they are going to launch this in India. They should not be using the M&M facilities right ?
Old 21st April 2011, 10:40   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Renault Fluence test drive by Overdrive team in France:

French open - Renault Fluence - First Drive : Overdrive

Apart from other things one point that caught my eye was the ride that was termed as compliant in one para. But, later they mention that strong winds could unsettle the car. Doesn't it means that the car has ride quality like the ANHV (at best) or similar to Altis (probably)... & nowhere near to European standards.

Good Part for the Rs.10 lacs plus price for which they wish to put the car on sale, a 2L 140BHP petrol is expected, & the interiors are really good.
Things are quite different. Another magazine quotes that its got a very good balance between ride, stability and handling. Who do we trust?
Old 28th April 2011, 09:42   #54
Senior - BHPian

Some more On-test pics of soon to be launched Fluence courtesy indianautosblog.com :

SCOOP : Renault Fluence spotted testing in Chennai *UPDATE* Coming on May 23.-renault_fluence.jpg

According to the report , Renault is going to launch the car in June !
But my question is , where are the dealerships? Are there any?
Old 6th May 2011, 22:39   #55
BHPian

though renault india site is existing for past few months , i found it to be updated with lots of new information !! check it out Renault - Renault - Home

though NO mention about the dealer network for thier soon to be launched FLUENCE ;-(
Old 6th May 2011, 23:44   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnana View Post
though renault india site is existing for past few months , i found it to be updated with lots of new information !! check it out Renault - Renault - Home

though NO mention about the dealer network for thier soon to be launched FLUENCE ;-(
The overdrive article says this about dealerships:

Renault will have ten of its own dealers up and running by June which is when the Fluence will be launched, increasing to 30 by the year end. By the end of 2012 it claims 70 dealers will be operational to cater to the 5-car range they will have on offer by then.
Old 6th May 2011, 23:48   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

I went to the site and they have provided their product route map !!

A total of 5 cars by Sep 2012 !

Please see the below link.

Renault - Range of Cars

I guess they should be using the Nissan facilities to have their car manufactured / assembled and the Sales & Service as well. But then in that case, I doubt how well they are going to do considering Nissan also has very few outlets !!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th May 2011 at 23:49.
Old 7th May 2011, 01:08   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I went to the site and they have provided their product route map !!

A total of 5 cars by Sep 2012 !

Please see the below link.

Renault - Range of Cars

I guess they should be using the Nissan facilities to have their car manufactured / assembled and the Sales & Service as well. But then in that case, I doubt how well they are going to do considering Nissan also has very few outlets !!
As far as manufacturing/assembly facility sharing with NISSAN its true , but may not be the dealership and service network .
Old 7th May 2011, 13:24   #59
BHPian

Ah nice!! So we are getting the CLIO by Jan 2012. It's gonna shake up i20's territtory for sure!!
Old 7th May 2011, 15:21   #60
BHPian

I followed two of these cars in white with all the maskings in the snaps above from Ambur to Sriperumbudur where they turned off to the left at a major signal a bit before the Hyundai factory. I think this is one of the signals that leads to kanchipuram? not sure.

I can say this much. I loved the way these cars appeared to be handling themselves on the road. The phrase I believe is 'they appeared planted and composed' at these speeds and the turns involved. The three of us were at almost a fixed 100Kmph throughout this distance.

My brother and me were impressed with the looks as well. Unfortunately, this itself seemed to justify a 11Lakh + price

I for one am waiting for this car.

Last edited by DaiusPitar : 7th May 2011 at 15:25.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks