Team-BHP - Are car registration charges in Gurgaon being revised upwards
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Are car registration charges in Gurgaon being revised upwards (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/93494-car-registration-charges-gurgaon-being-revised-upwards.html)

Folks, I have just booked a Ford Figo Diesel. As per the dealer the registration charges are being revised upwards.However, he is unable to tell me the quantum of increase or the date from which the new charges will be applicable.

Could any one of you shed somwe light on this?

I think they already have been revised by the Haryana Govt.

A colleague of my mum had booked a car in the 1st week of Nov. Within a fortnight or so, he got a call from his dealer about the hike in registration charges; had to cough up some extra amount.

I check if I can find out the extra amount.

I went for a Test Drive of Figo on 9th December at Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon.

The executive did not tell me anything like that even when I told her that if she is not offering much discount, I might go for a 2011 model.

Reg. Charges are Rs.9200 on an Ex-showroom price of Rs.537601 of Figo 1.4 Diesel Titanium, Rs.8500 on an Ex-showroom price of Rs.453536 of Figo 1.2 Petrol Titanium.

The price list is dated: 01-11-2010 and given to me on 09-12-2010.

The Gurgaon Administration website is not updated. I Just picked these up the website.

Car Above Rs 4 lakhs : 1% of the cost of the vehicle + Rs 1200 for financed vehicles

If any body has any information please do share it with me

Quote:

Originally Posted by mukeshgoel (Post 2171168)
I went for a Test Drive of Figo on 9th December at Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon.

The executive did not tell me anything like that even when I told her that if she is not offering much discount, I might go for a 2011 model.

Reg. Charges are Rs.9200 on an Ex-showroom price of Rs.537601 of Figo 1.4 Diesel Titanium, Rs.8500 on an Ex-showroom price of Rs.453536 of Figo 1.2 Petrol Titanium.

Just spoke to the folks at Harpreet Ford. They are offereing the same price as mentioned by You. However they aare offering a dicount of Rs 5000 for booking, 1 year extended warranty, and the basic Kit *(rs 1950) free..
However, as per them the registration is increasing in Gurgaon from Monday. They do not know any thing about the quantum of the increase.

The difference in Delhi and Gurgaon rates is approx 17 K as of today. In case the increase is more than Rs 10, K it makes more sense to get the car registerd in Delhi

Yes, they also offer me 5000 cash discount, essential kit (mud flaps/footmats) worth 1950 and 3rd year extended warranty worth 3450.

So total benefit of Rs.10,400/- does not sound attractive if one can wait for 2011 model.

If the road tax is increased by 10k or so, then 20k sound attractive though. :)

I am anyways planning to wait for new Swift, I am in no hurry and can wait for 3-4 months. Have already booked one with a cheque of Rs.10,000/- last week. :D

Came across this news article in the Indian Express, Chandigarh Edition, Dated 11th Dec 2010. Please see page 5. There is a big article on Road Tax.

Here are the proposed rates as printed in the Newspaper. For the rest of the article try to get hold on the Indian Express, Chandigarh Edition for 11th Dec, 2010.

Excuse the formatting, I typed correctly but the column spaces were truncated automatically.

Vehicle Old Rate New Rate
1. 2-Wheeler worth upto Rs. 60,000 Rs. 500 2%
2. 2-Wheeler worth Rs. 60,000 to 4 Lakh Rs. 500 4%
3. 2-Wheeler worth more than 4 Lakh Rs. 500 5%
4. 4-Wheeler worth upto 5 Lakh Rs. 2000 2%
5. 4-Wheeler worth Rs. 5 Lakh to 10 Lakh 1 per cent 4%
6. 4-Wheeler worth Rs. 10 Lakh to 20 Lakh 1.5 per cent 6%
7. 4-Wheeler worth more that Rs. 20 Lakh (new slab) 8%

I will try to scan and attach the clipping too.

Here is the photograph. Apologize for the picture quality, took it from a phone cam. You can probably enlarge it by clicking on it or by saving it on your computer first.

It looks like its on. But IMO the extra 10k ( varied amounts for different slabs) is now well worth for the Delhi number. I am not sure how much its going to help to reduce the traffic as the logic goes. Its more towards the rates in South now.

Sorry to be OT, but are those rates for real?:Shockked:

We're paying through our noses here in KA, with a 5L+ car costing 15.4% tax including cess.:Frustrati

Karnataka & TN politicians fleece the mile class. At first they provide pathetic roads and public transport, then they tax you on vehicle purchase and lastly they have the highest taxes on fuel.