Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2011, 14:36   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift and DZire Have no MSIL Discounts - A Tribute to These Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Surprisingly how come discount on RITZ LDI/VDI is available
Ritz Diesel has had some heavy discounts compared to petrol. I remember seeing a discount of 40K on Ritz VDi some months back. But have not read about any discounts for the last 3-4 months for Ritz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
Now the Swift is in great demand, when I bought this way back in Jan - 2007 (Car make was DEC-2006), I was able to pick it up from the shelf, at that time I got the discount of 20K from MSIL and then another 13K towards corporate discount. So a total of 33K for the ZXi.
I remember my SE saying that when Swift was launched initially, there was discounts for a week or so. After that there were never discounts on Swift.
Old 15th June 2011, 19:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Ritz Diesel has had some heavy discounts compared to petrol. I remember seeing a discount of 40K on Ritz VDi some months back. But have not read about any discounts for the last 3-4 months for Ritz.

I remember my SE saying that when Swift was launched initially, there was discounts for a week or so. After that there were never discounts on Swift.
No discounts on RITZ diesels except loyalty bonus of 10k (if you exchange a Maruti) and swift.. no discounts at all. I remember seeing 20-30k discounts on Ritz last year and now.. nothing at all!
Old 15th June 2011, 20:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

I did not get a pi discount when I bought the swift Petrol in 2005. Not even free mats, mud flaps even. What I got was a 2K discount on the accessories viz Pioneer sound system, sun film, remote lock, mud flaps, mats and a pair of horns.
Old 15th June 2011, 22:27   #19
BHPian

Even after six years of launch the Swift D has a waiting period of 2.5 months. Whereas the newer Figo Diesel has a waiting period of less than one month . Just imagine the demand for the Swift D!!!
Old 15th June 2011, 22:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Swift is a juggernaut which shows no sign of slowing down. Currently there is nothing in the market to challenge this car. However, I strongly feel that soon-to-be-launched Beat D may give a tough fight to Swift D.
Old 16th June 2011, 10:15   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

My colleague has booked Dzire P last week and only freebie they were promised is car cover. Not a penny discount.
Regarding discount on Ritz Iam not sure why, since its been doing steady sales in range of 6K + since launch.
Old 16th June 2011, 10:23   #22
BHPian

Hi
I bought my fav Swift VDi in 2010 and when the market waiting period was 3 months got it within 8 days and also got a few freebies. All said and done y'day my friend wanted a Swift Diesel (ready to pay full cash) but alas!! the waiting period is 4 months currently, reason given by the dealer (from whom I had purchased ) was demand in excess of supply . Even after nearly 7 long years the loyalty to Swift is amazing. Think we can start a new thread on Swift Loyalty Feedback.
Old 13th July 2011, 20:02   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

So its official now. Production of the current model of Swift has been discontinued by MSIL!
The Swift has made history in our automobile industry.Yes, because throughout the six year model life of this car since June 2005, no discounts have been offered by MSIL and it has gracefully exited the scene. The dealer freebies for the LXi and VXi in some cases lately, were not straight from MSIL and I am talking about MSIL discounts only here.
That's a record and a first for any car in India in the current market scenario. I am sure it will take mega efforts for any car manufacturer to beat this record created by the Swift.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 13th July 2011 at 20:03.
Old 13th July 2011, 23:24   #24
BHPian

I got a discount of Rs 20,000/- including exchange bonus when I bought my Swift VXi in May 2006.
diwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 02:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The Swift has made history in our automobile industry.Yes, because throughout the six year model life of this car since June 2005, no discounts have been offered by MSIL and it has gracefully exited the scene. The dealer freebies for the LXi and VXi in some cases lately, were not straight from MSIL and I am talking about MSIL discounts only here.
I think we should say Swift 'diesel'. Because my cousin brought a petrol - VXi and got rs. 20k (loyality + cash) + rs. 7500 accessories as discount in late 2008. My friend who bought a petrol got Rs.30k (loyality + cash worth 20k and rs 10k for accessories) discount in early 2010. Also there was almost nil waiting for petrol swifts. They manage to get it in less than 15 days. We were also given Rs. 30k during Oct 2006 when we were looking for a hatch. Its a different topic that we went for xing because of more discount and less price.

Obviously, it varies by city, but just wanted to point it out.

Last edited by chevelle : 14th July 2011 at 02:04.
chevelle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 09:29   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I think we should say Swift 'diesel'. Because my cousin brought a petrol - VXi and got rs. 20k (loyality + cash) + rs. 7500 accessories as discount in late 2008. My friend who bought a petrol got Rs.30k (loyality + cash worth 20k and rs 10k for accessories) discount in early 2010. Also there was almost nil waiting for petrol swifts. They manage to get it in less than 15 days. We were also given Rs. 30k during Oct 2006 when we were looking for a hatch. Its a different topic that we went for xing because of more discount and less price.

Obviously, it varies by city, but just wanted to point it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
I got a discount of Rs 20,000/- including exchange bonus when I bought my Swift VXi in May 2006.
Thanks chevelle and diwa for the facts. I stand corrected and its only the Swift LDi and VDi that are being discussed here.
It is still unclear however as to why they chose not to have a ZDi version of the Swift when there is a one for the DZire.Even the petrol Swift has the top variant.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 14th July 2011 at 09:33.
Old 14th July 2011, 11:13   #27

Swift buyers had been luck in July, Aug 2006 there was a flat 20000 discount, witout any conditions like exchange etc. Never heard of such discount after that.
May be that was b'cz swift was a year old and yet to make waves in the market
Old 14th July 2011, 12:13   #28
BHPian

I had bought Swift Vxi in 2006 with 15000 cash off & got the side mirrors & door handles painted for free . Cash down , one day delivery.

Bought Swift Vdi in White color in 2009, no discounts at all but did manage to get delivery in one day, sans any premium , cash down, courtesy a friend at the dealership.
Old 4th August 2011, 11:13   #29
BHPian

I think Its the diesel version in both Swift and Dzire which has huge demand. When I bought my Dzire Vdi Silky Silver in 2009 July, I exchanged my beloved ever trustworthy Zen MPFI with Maruti and got 10K exchange bonus. As far as I remember I got an Ambipur perfume, rubber floor mats and boot mat. That's it. Waiting time was told to be 2-3 months at least but later was promised to be 1-1.5 months. But as the expected date arrived, there was no news of my vehicle being shipped from factory yet. Bank loan had already been approved. When they were not ready to commit on the exact date (Mangalore), I threatened to go to another dealer (I lied, in fact with all, the time period was same) and vehicle arrived ultimately in 5 weeks.
Old 9th August 2011, 16:15   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

When I booked my Dzire ZDI in February, 2011. The waiting period was 3 months, with no discounts on the price. They just gave the floor mats and one car freshener free of cost. Even car cover was charged.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks