Team-BHP - Pics : LHD Citroen C4 Spotted in Bangalore !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Pics : LHD Citroen C4 Spotted in Bangalore ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/93573-pics-lhd-citroen-c4-spotted-bangalore.html)

Spotted this Citroen C4.
@Mods : If a similar thread exists please move the pics.

Is it a scoop? Or just another import?

Quote:

Originally Posted by COUNSEL (Post 2172492)
Is it a scoop? Or just another import?

Should be a scoop. Import of LHD vehicles is illegal.
BTW the plates are red - it may be a consulate car too...

This is previous generation C4, the new one looks much better.

I dont know why they are testing previous generation here.

Good Click ! Is it near Raheja Arcade? A citroen without alloy wheels !! :Shockked: And why would they try out a LHD here !

Could be checking the suspension stability - read somewhere that India has better [dirt] tracks [read as normal roads] than the dirt tracks the manufacturers try hard to make to test their vehicles ! Should be making use of that !

maybe here due to some electronic tests by BOSCH or Delphi? my $0.02 :)

I simply love this car having seen it quite often in Europe, I am just hoping that Citroen goes ahead and launches this one. I dont like the new C4, it just makes Citroen another manufacturer trying to go mainstream.

The fixed hub steering on this one is a joy to watch. Considering that this shape has been phased out in Europe, how about a cut price 1.6 Hdi ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackasta (Post 2172501)
Should be a scoop. Import of LHD vehicles is illegal.
BTW the plates are red - it may be a consulate car too...

Yesterday I spotted a MP registered LHD yellow beetle in Mumbai !

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPS (Post 2172666)
Yesterday I spotted a MP registered LHD yellow beetle in Mumbai !

Direct imports might not be allowed but people getting their cars from US on TR (transfer of Residence) is allowed and hence the LHD's that you see very often.

By the way what is that thing which I circled in the pic below??

Considering recent news that PSA Peugeot Citroen is planning a factory in India this could be actual testing. News article-

Quote:

Peugeot moving forward with its India plans – Survey’s two Sites in Andra Pradesh
Written by Motoism News Friday, 10 December 2010 19:44
French carmaker PSA Peugeot Citroen who has been planning to enter the Indian market for a while now, has recently surveyed two sites in Andhra Pradesh for its future manufacturing facility. Post the survey Peugeot will be reverting to the Andra Pradesh government with a detailed plan that is if it does decide to build a facility on one of these sites.

According to sources, the French car maker surveyed two sites in Andra — one near Sri City in Andra’s Chittoor district and another near Sitarampet in the Ranga Reddy district.

Peugeot is expected to invest about Rs 10,000 crore in its Indian facility, 1500 of which will be allotted for the first phase. This facility could potentially provide employment options for more than 10,000 people.

Peugeot has also been invited by the Gujarat and Tamil Nadu Governments to build its facility in their states. Sources say that Peugeot is looking for a state that can offer it maximum benefits in terms of incentives. Peugeot insists that Andra Pradesh offer it more benefits than Gujarat and Tamil Nadu and has also asked the state government to buy a ‘few’ cars from it. Andra Pradesh has already offered the company 100% VAT reimbursement for 21 years, 900 acres land, a Rs 600-crore interest-free loan and physical infrastructure like roads, power, water etc. An official also reported that Andra Pradesh has never offered 100% VAT reimbursement to any firm before.

The company has been expressing its interest in the state for almost two years now. However, the plans did not materialize due to the demise of the former chief minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy last year.
Source- Peugeot moving forward with its India plans

Also read- Peugeot Citroen scouting for space

That's a good news.
Bad news is- if the pics are of a real test mule we are again getting a discontinued model from a international manufacturer :deadhorse

The wheels on the RHS does not have wheel covers whereas the LHS have them!! :Shockked:

Inputs welcome! :D

Citroens in India are a rare commodity to get.Its definitly an import.But the wheel covers baffle me !!

Among worlds top 10 car manufacturers only 'PSA Peugeot Citroen' does not have presence in India. Looks like they are getting ready for India :)

Excellent find, I guess now it turn of Citroen to set their foot in India.
I don't think so this would be a consulate vehicle, why will consulate import a small car when they can do with a sedan or a SUV??
I guess the circles thing is for some testing purpose, may be to check how much ground clearance they require for Indian roads(just a guess).

Hoping it would be in TN, as already a French manufacturer is present.
Will it be a another feather to southern Detroit of India???