Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2011, 20:03   #106
BHPian

Re: Nano 2012

Great News. I also hear that they have changed some electricals to make it safer than before. Probably a couple more relays and fuses.
Old 15th November 2011, 20:06   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice to see TATA improving the cheapest car to make it look NO MORE CHEAP as it used to be. And all these at the same prices - BETTER! I hope these new introductions ramp up the sales and this little cute car gets what it deserves.
Old 15th November 2011, 20:17   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks promising.Have they changed the front tires also?It looks so in the snaps.And it looks nice in Pearl White.
Old 15th November 2011, 20:18   #109
e46
BHPian

We have a thread already in tandem (and started long back) about the refreshed Nano.
refer http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...a-nano-v2.html

Why have two threads for the same model being discussed?
Old 15th November 2011, 20:22   #110
Senior - BHPian

Reduced Noise from the inside or the outside? I mean is there a change in the way Nano sounds?

I would have liked a glovebox in that dash. Would have made the dash complete, so to speak!

Eitherways, I think this is nice job on the Nano. Like those alloy like wheel caps. Hopefully it will result in more sales. Read somewhere that TaMo is targetting an average 10K per month, which was the retail numbers for last month.

Last edited by safari_lover : 15th November 2011 at 20:27.
Old 15th November 2011, 20:27   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We have a thread already in tandem (and started long back) about the refreshed Nano.
refer http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...a-nano-v2.html (Tata Nano V2!?)
Yes. Not one but twoI just read the last page of that thread below. All three can be merged.

Last edited by rajeev k : 15th November 2011 at 20:31.
Old 15th November 2011, 20:37   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
4. Gone are the days of clatter
Here Tata has gone more than just minor tweaking but actually delved right into design of the vehicle. The B Pillars are now wider, there is more insulation on certain parts and exhaust noise too has been brought down bringing down NVH levels considerably.

Once again, there is no 3 pot powerplant but genuine effort has been made and ingenuity has ruled above complete overhaul.
Akhi did you get a chance to drive it yet?
I repeat my question again in case you drove it.

Does it still sound like a Auto Rickshaw??

If yes then 50% of this car problems are still to be solved.
download2live is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 20:52   #113
BHPian

Very good move by TATA. Somehow, I have emotional attachment to the NANO, though I don't own a NANO and might never buy it. I really want the Nano to succeed - somewhat similar to how one roots for a friend or family

Coming back to the car itself, these are some really useful changes. Will go a long way in changing the perception of the Nano. Hopefully the NVH levels / engine note is better refined. I know that was a deal breaker for many. The nano 2012 looks way premium, can't wait for the sales figures in Jan!
Old 15th November 2011, 20:56   #114
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post

Exactly my point. This has been the crux of the problem for Nano. Even rational car enthusiasts i know simply can't get over the autorickshaw noise. Please get rid of the beige interiors but do something about that noise.
Old 15th November 2011, 20:59   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Reduced Noise from the inside or the outside? I mean is there a change in the way Nano sounds?
Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post

Yes, I did get to drive the car for a short drive. The cabin noise reduction is obvious. On the outside, it is not a complete transformation into a 'car' but it is no more the auto rickshaw either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
refer http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...a-nano-v2.html

Why have two threads for the same model being discussed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Yes. Not one but twoI just read the last page of that thread below. All three can be merged.
There are multiple threads on Nano here and precisely why I chose to create a new thread. The problem is that each of those threads talk about different aspect of R&D for futur iterations of Nano whereas this thread is specific to only Nano 2012 which will be launched in a week.

If merged, we will be discussing different products on same thread leading to lot of confusion.
Old 15th November 2011, 22:07   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Yes, I did get to drive the car for a short drive. The cabin noise reduction is obvious. On the outside, it is not a complete transformation into a 'car' but it is no more the auto rickshaw either.
This is great to hear. Just wish atleast in the next iteration they complete the 'transformation' into the car.

But I sincerely hope that this TATA product does not have all the niggles that we associate with them. And Hope they solve the fire problem too. However, even if they solve all the problems, I doubt this will touch 10k mark per month sales consistently.

By the way, the interiors in beige look good and makes the nano looks quite airy from the inside. On Nov 21st I will go to TATA showroom to check it out I guess.
Old 15th November 2011, 22:17   #117
Senior - BHPian

This is interesting news. I am glad to hear this. Any price hike on the cards? what are the other colors?
Old 15th November 2011, 22:29   #118
Senior - BHPian

I think I saw and heard a New Nano the other day. The Only reasons I have to believe it is the new one are:

1. LHS Rear view mirror was present and body coloured. I know there are after-market options available, but this one was definitely a good quality option if so
2. Exhaust Note. This was a thrum rather than the put-put that one normally associates with the Nano. Sounds good and pretty sporty, IMHO (but Not loud)

If that was the new Nano, I think the issues people had with the exhaust note are now non-issues. Cheers!
Old 15th November 2011, 22:34   #119
BHPian

I was expecting the new NANO more in the lines of the expected Europa model showcased earlier. This would have done wonders to its poor sales figures.
Attached Thumbnails
Nano Upgrade coming soon. *UPDATE* Launched! Details on Page 12-tatananoeuropa1450x300.jpg  

Old 15th November 2011, 22:53   #120
BHPian

I bought a Sunshine Yellow LX in September 2011. Did I buy it two months too early?
I also got a call about this upgrade from one sales guy with whom I was dealing before purchasing my Nano. He informed me that prices are expected to be similar so Rs. 200,000 on road in Delhi is possible.

Tata: Please upgrade your service quality! Just take a look at Nano fan page on FB to know what I mean. And I am also going through those horrors already!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks