Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2011, 00:42   #181
BHPian

Re: Nano Upgrade coming soon. *UPDATE* Launched! Details on Page 12

Every Petrol price rise will kill nano even more as this segment is most cost conscious.
If they able to bring diesel nano at sub 2.5L ( CX model at least ) or come out with a Hybrid then the sales figures will surely zoom to skies.

On reliability - I have driven nano for more than 1 year and done 10,000+ km , its as good as was on day1 and i think seeing its robustness next 4-5 years it will not have any problems.

My CX has heater , the 2012 CX has this as 'option' , what do they mean by 'option'? , customers need to buy it separately through accessories? , this is not good on part of TML.

I was expecting front speakers mounting provision on dash corners , it is still unattended to.

Last edited by ramesh : 23rd November 2011 at 01:03. Reason: got new thoughts
Old 23rd November 2011, 07:54   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
octaneaddicted, I think one must not read too much into the +/- (a few) rpm thing given in the specifications.
I also don't believe Tata's service centres would be able to precisely set the maximum power or torque at a specific rpm
Most mass passenger car manufacturers won't be able to do this.
and NONE can pin it to precise specific RPM....
....not even HONDA,TOYOTA et. al

cheers
Old 23rd November 2011, 09:25   #183
Senior - BHPian

Anyone booked it yet? I may just go and have a look at it this sunday. Also, did anyone do a TD? Any "good" pics?
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:19   #184
Senior - BHPian

Did I read it right that they have changed the exhaust note? I atleast know few people who just because of this factor are staying away from this car. It's quite similar to Tata Ace. Its good that they have paid attention to this but I need to actually go and check whether its marginal or substantial.
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:36   #185
BHPian

Are we getting an official TEAM-BHP review by @GTO and gang.

Would be great if we are?

Nano seems much more interesting now.

Cheers
Old 23rd November 2011, 20:17   #186
Senior - BHPian

Here's the first drive report from AutocarIndia - Tata Nano 2012 review, test drive - Review - Autocar India

Quote:
More upmarket, better to drive and all for the same low price, the Nano just got a whole lot more appealing.
Old 23rd November 2011, 21:27   #187
BHPian

today i test drove 3 cars back to back
  1. nano lx 2009(belonging to a friend-~4000 kms)
  2. nano lx 2011(test drive car-7500 kms)
  3. nano cx 2012(40 kms)

my observations

what a jump in interior quality.....especially in comparison to old car now it is on par with alto etc- does not feel cheap at all!!
seats are very comfortable to sit
the interior of new cx is just lovely & feels well put together

on the driving front, in gear acceleration & drive-ability felt almost the same....well almost
new car felt to have tall 3r & 4th gears,, or was it because it had just 40 kms on odo

the steering on the new car is super light- almost as light as my vdi, am very impressed

loved this papaya orange with black bumperrs
Attached Thumbnails
Nano Upgrade coming soon. *UPDATE* Launched! Details on Page 12-20111122-09.21.49.jpg  

Last edited by i_see : 23rd November 2011 at 21:38. Reason: typo
Old 23rd November 2011, 22:07   #188

what about the engine noise? and was there any change in the 1st and 2nd gear ratio? like, will it be as easy to climb inclines now as it was with the prev gen nano? also your views on the handling plz......
Old 24th November 2011, 01:54   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_see View Post
today i test drove 3 cars back to back
  1. nano lx 2009(belonging to a friend-~4000 kms)
  2. nano lx 2011(test drive car-7500 kms)
  3. nano cx 2012(40 kms)
my observations

what a jump in interior quality.....especially in comparison to old car now it is on par with alto etc- does not feel cheap at all!!
seats are very comfortable to sit
the interior of new cx is just lovely & feels well put together

on the driving front, in gear acceleration & drive-ability felt almost the same....well almostb
new car felt to have tall 3r & 4th gears,, or was it because it had just 40 kms on odo

the steering on the new car is super light- almost as light as my vdi, am very impressed

loved this papaya orange with black bumperrs
Any observation, comments on the engine noise. Is it noticeably different in the new version?
Old 24th November 2011, 09:13   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octaneaddicted View Post
what about the engine noise? and was there any change in the 1st and 2nd gear ratio? like, will it be as easy to climb inclines now as it was with the prev gen nano? also your views on the handling plz......
engine sound is definitely detter, has got a deeper throaty note to it
pulling in 1st & 2nd is same as before, tried to take out the car from dealers basement and did not find any problem as such

idle speed felt lesser than old cars

engine felt slightly more free rewing....of cource in comparoson the old test drive car

cannot comment on handling as the test drive route was very crowded...could not test it...sorry

@ octaneaddicted, what discounts are you getting in bangalore? any better offers coming in dec

Last edited by i_see : 24th November 2011 at 09:15.
Old 24th November 2011, 10:19   #191
BHPian

Well the car will have a better acceptability as it has a more upmarket feel. I think this car is ideal for a daily commute or short hops to the market place etc. I am thinking of selling my I10 and buying one of this for my wife. My observation is that the I10 does not give an average more than 10-11 kpl in Pune city with 100% a/c. Am not too happy about the suspension which is very bouncy (need to check that in comparison with Nano). The service costs at Hyundai are very high as compared to my Fiat Linea, so am assuming that Nano servicing would be cheaper as well.
Old 24th November 2011, 11:54   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_see

engine sound is definitely detter, has got a deeper throaty note to it
pulling in 1st & 2nd is same as before, tried to take out the car from dealers basement and did not find any problem as such

idle speed felt lesser than old cars

engine felt slightly more free rewing....of cource in comparoson the old test drive car

cannot comment on handling as the test drive route was very crowded...could not test it...sorry

@ octaneaddicted, what discounts are you getting in bangalore? any better offers coming in dec
Suggestion: Whoever goes for a TD of the Nano next, please record a video of the Nano at idle and when revved a bit for the benefit of others on the forum. I am sure a lot of people would be interested in the Nano only after confirming that the engine sound has indeed changed for the better.

Good to know that the Nano is heading in the right direction as far as quality goes. And at no increase in price it makes an even better deal. Now to shake off the auto and cheap image.

Last edited by VeluM : 24th November 2011 at 11:55.
Old 24th November 2011, 15:21   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_see View Post

well i'm taking the test drive on sunday. will post a detailed review and also inquire about available discounts/offers/freebies

cheers
Old 24th November 2011, 19:32   #194

oh, and BTW, how were the brakes? has the bite improved??
Old 24th November 2011, 21:48   #195

I got my Nano just two days before the nano 2012 was launched

Sent a Mail about possibilty of incorporating the changes to Tata motors and got a swift reply. Seems Upgradation is possible and they have asked me to mail them the details.

My relative got a similar reply for his old nano and was asked to contact the dealer regarding the same
parvath33 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed