Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2010, 19:26   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: This Guy is certainly Peeved with his very expensive purchase (Mercedes - E Clas

Frankly speaking, people who still want to buy a MB will not be dettered by incidents like these. See for a prospective buyer who is hell bent upon buying this for status or anything he will convince himself by saying that this must be a one off case from so many hundred MB plying the road. As an awareness that, crap happens to the 'international brands', I am for it.
Old 15th December 2010, 20:00   #32
BHPian

Re: This Guy is certainly Peeved with his very expensive purchase (Mercedes - E Clas

I do not think this is going to effect the Mercedes much, has Skodas stopped selling ?
AFA spelling is concerned - I am sure that he did not made this Flex board on his own.

However, I liked his style and this is the best way to kill your frustrations. I think I would have done the same thing.
Old 16th December 2010, 00:33   #33
BHPian

But I'm sure it will hurt MB sales in that area, as most prospective owners would now rather check out BMW, Audi or Jaguar.
Old 16th December 2010, 00:59   #34
BHPian

This is one for the record! I read on some site that Mercedes' reliability factor is lower than industry average. Yet people buy them, either knowing this fact or not. The 3 point star is a status symbol. However, I would like to contradict myself here: SOME Mercs are built like a tank and only a true car/Merc lover would know this and invest in one of THOSE models.
Trust me, Mercedes would not do a thing about this. People still flock to their showrooms to pick up cars and they will not be deterred to take any action regarding this.

Cheers!
Rohan
Old 16th December 2010, 01:03   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Trust me, Mercedes would not do a thing about this.
Neither would the TATAs or any other. Thank God for Consumer Courts.

Quote:
People still flock to their showrooms to pick up cars and they will not be deterred to take any action regarding this.
. Infact this is what I said earlier. People will see this (b)advertisement but the buyer keen on the 3 pointed star can shrug it off as a one off incident. After all it is a manufactured product not a discovery.
Old 18th December 2010, 21:21   #36
BHPian

The thread was started in October 2009 and it is December 2010 and the car is still there, Also they have corrected the Spelling mistake Please find attached the pictures I clicked today, He must be really frustrated with MB to do it daily from 9 to 5.
Attached Thumbnails
This Guy is certainly  Peeved with his very expensive purchase (Mercedes - E Class)-haveli_owners_e280_jalandhar-4.jpg  

This Guy is certainly  Peeved with his very expensive purchase (Mercedes - E Class)-haveli_owners_e280_jalandhar-3.jpg  

This Guy is certainly  Peeved with his very expensive purchase (Mercedes - E Class)-haveli_owners_e280_jalandhar-2.jpg  

This Guy is certainly  Peeved with his very expensive purchase (Mercedes - E Class)-haveli_owners_e280_jalandhar-1.jpg  

Old 19th December 2010, 20:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmaka View Post
The thread was started in October 2009 and it is December 2010 and the car is still there, Also they have corrected the Spelling mistake Please find attached the pictures I clicked today, He must be really frustrated with MB to do it daily from 9 to 5.
The thread was started on 14th Dec bro. And the spelling mistake still hasn't been corrected. It's supposed to say 'Brake' and not 'Break'.
Old 19th December 2010, 20:30   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluntInstrument View Post
On NH1 going from Jalandhar to Phagwara is the famous Haveli Restaurant/Dhaba and parked in front of their banquet hall is this car, presumably the owner's. He must have been really mishandled by the Mercedes people for him to go to this extreme length to denigrate the brand name. This car with the Flex banner has been a regular sight parked just off the road in full sight and angled so that it and the banner can not be missed by traffic. Reminds one of the apocryphal story of the Maharaja Bhupinder Singh of Patiala, the inventor of the Patiala Peg, who converted all Rolls Royce cars he owned into Garbage .
Excellent sense of observation. BTW, it was the Maharaja of Kapurthala who was slighted by the Indian Rolls Royce dealer. He didn't convert them into garbage but used them -- instead of carts or trolleys -- to ferry fodder for his horses.

Last edited by ivar1951 : 19th December 2010 at 20:31.
Old 19th December 2010, 20:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

Ha ha, if he keeps his Merc like this 9-5 daily without using it then it will almost certainly have multiple other failures apart from brakes!!

However lets give Mercedes a benefit of doubt. If the poor chap has a lemon on his hands, then it's a different story. It might become a case of another Teuton on a flat bed!!
Old 19th December 2010, 20:35   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
The thread was started on 14th Dec bro. And the spelling mistake still hasn't been corrected. It's supposed to say 'Brake' and not 'Break'.
Hey, in this way isn't it getting double the attention -- one for the "brake" and the other for the "break." And one does take a "break" at Haveli.
Old 19th December 2010, 20:56   #41
Senior - BHPian

Slightly off-topic. In a mallu movie, it so happens that hero (as a driver) is driving an E class with heroin sitting behind and the brake fails. They take that car to a local workshop and continue the journey in an Omni taxi

When I watched that, I felt like they are simply making its brand image worse. Now I think that they had reasons to select an E class!
Old 20th December 2010, 10:30   #42
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I appreciate this dude's persistence & determination . Having been there, I can completely empathise with him too. It really sucks to have spent premium money on a Mercedes, then have it visit the garage for multiple failures, and see other cars costing 1/4th as much work perfectly well day after day. A car's primary purpose is to take its driver from pt. A to pt. B...and if modern Mercs can't do even that, the company has clearly lost the plot somewhere. I'm washing my hands off new Mercs for a long time to come.

Hope justice is served in this case. Even though we don't have details, there's enough of a history with Merc's modern cars for me to give him benefit of doubt.

Related Thread: Flat bed trucks & European cars

Last edited by GTO : 20th December 2010 at 10:32.
Old 20th December 2010, 12:01   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I appreciate this dude's persistence & determination . Having been there, I can completely empathise with him too. It really sucks to have spent premium money on a Mercedes, then have it visit the garage for multiple failures, and see other cars costing 1/4th as much work perfectly well day after day. A car's primary purpose is to take its driver from pt. A to pt. B...and if modern Mercs can't do even that, the company has clearly lost the plot somewhere. I'm washing my hands off new Mercs for a long time to come.

Hope justice is served in this case. Even though we don't have details, there's enough of a history with Merc's modern cars for me to give him benefit of doubt.

Related Thread: Flat bed trucks & European cars

, Mercedes has lost the plot somewhere in the race to gain its numero uno position. The built quality is not like it used to be and with issues cropping up left right and center and MBIL maintaining its nonchallant approach to complains makes one wonder does MBIL really care.
I for one has had issues for the brakes with the ML and have had to send the car atleast 10 times to have it rectified, but still it has been the same. In the money spent on haveing it rectified i could have bought an Estilo. I come from a Mercedes Loyalist family but this behaviour of MBIL has got us rethinking and moving to other Brands. I do find my Fortuner safer and sturdyer then the ML on the highways. Like they say once bitten twice shy. MBIL definately needs to do something about this otherwise they will start loosing Customers.

Last edited by speedy : 20th December 2010 at 12:02.
Old 20th December 2010, 13:52   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Time to fall in love again with a good ol W124, ey GTO?
Old 27th December 2010, 15:33   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmaka View Post
err... slight misreading there, I joined Team-BHP in Oct. 2009, started this thread in December this year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks