Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2010, 21:12   #1486
Senior - BHPian

Accent Crdi 2004

I have a accent CRDI 2004 thane registered 73000kms in resonably good condition 3rd party insurance turbo system not working pls tell how much money I must get for her, it is second owner.
Old 9th March 2010, 01:04   #1487

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
IMO santro is best and will keep you happy. 2002 santro and max 2004 santro's you will get at a range of 2.2L. Just keep an eye on classifieds and advt. When buying through a dealer be very careful. take a good mechanic with you when buying from them.
Yes sir, Santro has always been in the back and front of my mind. My first choice would be a Santro of course. Taking my time (since I have lots) to choose the right one for me!
Old 9th March 2010, 07:32   #1488

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_pm View Post
Since your usage is less , I can suggest Pertrol Version of Indica( Xeta V2).Two of my friends who use the car is very satisfied .Even i feel it has lot of Room compared to other small hatchbacks.The OTR price when i checked in 2009 was Rs 3 Lack in kerala after all discounts.I was seriously about to buy this but luckily saw a good OHC and went for that . So you may get 2005 or later model for your budget
Vinu, but what about the driving pleasure and manoeuvrability when compared to a Santro or WagonR? I drove a well-maintained Matiz recently, and I should admit that the car really shocked me. It was a very pleasant drive I should say. So Matiz is in my radar now too.
Old 9th March 2010, 10:21   #1489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
My father-in-law's Skoda octavia Rider is up for sale
Date of registration : Feb 2006
Mileage - 42000kms
Single ownership
Place-Kannur, Kerala
No issues apart from few scratches
Service history available

What should he expect?.I was expecting 7lakhs.
@Deep, IMO the car would be quoted only around 4.4L to 4.6L. Max another 15-20K if the whole vehicle is in good condition. This is from an individual buyers point of view. If a dealer is doing this negotiation then expect still less amount. If he gets around 5L then he should very happy. But tell hime to ask the Skoda dealer itself it they take it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
I have a accent CRDI 2004 thane registered 73000kms in resonably good condition 3rd party insurance turbo system not working pls tell how much money I must get for her, it is second owner.
@Iqbal, IMO you can get 2.3-2.5L easily. But since the turbo is not working it might reduce to 2-2.1L. If it is a dealer they will sight this as a major repair work and will reduce it to 1.8-2L. SO repair that and then sell it to get 2.3-2.5L IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniRider View Post
Vinu, but what about the driving pleasure and manoeuvrability when compared to a Santro or WagonR? I drove a well-maintained Matiz recently, and I should admit that the car really shocked me. It was a very pleasant drive I should say. So Matiz is in my radar now too.
Who better than me(there are many) can tell about Matiz. We had this car for 10 years until it took a hit. The car is amazing in traffic or on highways. But the problem is the spares. If you have a dealer who has spares for this car then without thinking you can go for this. Probably the 2000 model will be for sale at a price of 60-70K with around 60k kms on the odo.Happy hunting. But be careful of the spares as the company closed down in 2000.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th March 2010 at 12:15. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 9th March 2010, 12:10   #1490
BHPian

Expected Sale Price of Zen LX, 2000 model ?

Hi Guys,

I need to sell a White Zen LX. Model year is March, 2000. It has done 97100 kms. Delhi registration.
My mechanic was offering Rs.70,000 for it which I think is less.What should be its fair price?
Old 9th March 2010, 16:04   #1491

Quote:
Who better than me(there are many) can tell about Matiz. We had this car for 10 years until it took a hit. The car is amazing in traffic or on highways. But the problem is the spares. If you have a dealer who has spares for this car then without thinking you can go for this. Probably the 2000 model will be for sale at a price of 60-70K with around 60k kms on the odo.Happy hunting. But be careful of the spares as the company closed down in 2000.
Shishir, I was told that the Matiz and the Chevy Spark share a lot of spares, but yeah, I know that a good mechanic with availability of spares is a must when it comes to Matiz. One of my close friends owns a Matiz now. I should see how he handles it now when it comes to the spares.
Old 9th March 2010, 17:27   #1492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
Hi Guys,

I need to sell a White Zen LX. Model year is March, 2000. It has done 97100 kms. Delhi registration.
My mechanic was offering Rs.70,000 for it which I think is less.What should be its fair price?
@JKBKS, IMO you have got the optimum value for your zen. It is better to give at that price. If it is a dealer then he will quote max 50K if you know him well from over the years or else this is the best quote you can get. IMO you can go ahead with this. If any relative of yours are buying then you can quote another 10K extra. But selling it to a known friend or relative after it has reached 1L kms and 10 year old it will be problematic for you only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniRider View Post
Shishir, I was told that the Matiz and the Chevy Spark share a lot of spares, but yeah, I know that a good mechanic with availability of spares is a must when it comes to Matiz. One of my close friends owns a Matiz now. I should see how he handles it now when it comes to the spares.
Not all spares are compatible. only 10% or max is compatible. I don't know much of technicality of spares being compatible. Only a dealer can say that. Simple example is the wind shield for a matiz cannot be fixed with spark or any other car So it is very difficult unless you know where to run when you want it. Currently there are lots of matiz running so getting the spares are not tuff but not easy also.
Old 9th March 2010, 19:26   #1493
BHPian

[quote=shishir_bn;1772539]@Deep, IMO the car would be quoted only around 4.4L to 4.6L. Max another 15-20K if the whole vehicle is in good condition. This is from an individual buyers point of view. If a dealer is doing this negotiation then expect still less amount. If he gets around 5L then he should very happy. But tell hime to ask the Skoda dealer itself it they take it back.

Sigh! That is skoda lessons for me! Never to buy one again!
Old 9th March 2010, 21:46   #1494
BHPian

[quote=Deep Blue;1773861]
Quote:
@Deep, IMO the car would be quoted only around 4.4L to 4.6L. Max another 15-20K if the whole vehicle is in good condition. This is from an individual buyers point of view. If a dealer is doing this negotiation then expect still less amount. If he gets around 5L then he should very happy. But tell hime to ask the Skoda dealer itself it they take it back.

Sigh! That is skoda lessons for me! Never to buy one again!
I think you should be able to sell your car for around (more rather than less) the 5 lakh mark considering it has only done 42k kms. And don't forget it's a diesel as well. A friend here (in Gurgaon) just picked a clean 2006 Octy in Elegance trim with 74k on the odo for 5.25.

Larger sedans tend to depreciate more than small cars so you should not be dissapointed. IMO 7 lakhs for a 4 year old car (which would have costed around the 11 lakh mark) is not realistic. This has not much to do with Skoda as well. A similar vintage and mileage Accord - which would have costed at least 4 lakhs more than your Octy - would sell for around 6.5 lakhs. I can't find a better comparative because I can't think of a diesel in that price bracket from 2006. You won't find many sedans that can hold 50-55% of it's price in 5 years. I am talking about mass market here so please leave out cars that have been mantained exceptionally well.
Old 10th March 2010, 09:43   #1495
Senior - BHPian

@Deep--> As I told earlier if you get a guy for 5L then you will be lucky.
@Cesc--> It is all plain luck. If @Deep gets more then I will be happy. But getting a person who doesn't know anything about automobiles in today's world is difficult
Old 10th March 2010, 10:30   #1496
Senior - BHPian

I have a 2005 june, Indigo Marina TDI, GLX, done 71k kms, 2nd owner, Comp Ins, Two new tires, battery less than a year old. Runs decent. What can I expect?
Thanks in Advance
Old 10th March 2010, 10:39   #1497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
I have a 2005 june, Indigo Marina TDI, GLX, done 71k kms, 2nd owner, Comp Ins, Two new tires, battery less than a year old. Runs decent. What can I expect?
Thanks in Advance
@deutscheafrikar, IMO for the specification you have given you might get somewhere around 1.25/1.3 to 1.4/1.5L. If you are selling to an individual then another 5-10K extra and if to a dealer then it will be the min amount which I told. If your car has driven as a taxi then it will be quoted very less. Hope this helps you to get a customer for your car.
Old 10th March 2010, 10:45   #1498
BHPian

02 honda city

Hi,

I test rode a Nov 2002 1.5 exi run about 57k.

Description - 2002 1.5 exi run about 57k, second owner belguam reg. Final offer is about 2.5 lkh. Is that a decent offer. Blemishes on body is visible on both sides,except bonnet and boot. Its like small small potholes on two door panels are visible on both sides while if you look from the front or back side of the car.

tyres are new bridgestone ones with alloy and ciralli leather seats. Insurance comprehensive till January 2011. tyres upgraded to 185/60 14 and honda alloys powder coated slightly black (high five alloy they call - the same wihch came in City Zx gxi)

Off-topic maybe - but felt it will be useful

As far as service records went, this car was regularly serviced in honda, and all papers was upto date. I even saw an entry for 50,000 km in log book. surprised what might have gone wrong. Recently only major service was done with tyres upgraded to 185/60 14 and honda alloys. After this upgrade the steering felt hard and takes more effort to manouvure. He is
telling that its bcse of upgraded tyre and may fix as time goes on, with tyres reducing the grip. I am not at all sure. I suspect something fishy here too, since its a power steering one and costs a bomb to repair if some technnicality issue is discovered.

the clutch was seemingly tight than any ohc vehicle I test drove before. It was as if I need to take off the foot from pedal at the earliest possible. And as soon i release clutch it was almost kind of jumping off, with a thrust.

Even was pretty hard and tease a diesel vehicle in this regard. Just like an age old amby it was. While I checked with owner he told he mentioned this to Honda folks, seems its like that only. Maybe pulling the cable or adjust it may go off. I am unsure, and frankly doubt anything less than a clutch overhaul.

any thoughts here honda gurus.

rgrds
prsn
Old 10th March 2010, 10:53   #1499
Senior - BHPian

@prsnck, AFAIK on the price front it should be around 2-2.1L. This is due to the fact and information given by you in the first paragraph. Since it is a 2002 model and almost 60K there might be a work on clutch overhaul and belt timing. This will cost you some amount. Moreover just check the odo reading has been tampered or not.You never know what has happened. Check the body line for accidents etc.
Old 10th March 2010, 11:16   #1500
BHPian

Shishir bn & Cesc,thanks guys. I was at sea to determine the price of the octy now i have a more realistic idea.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 10th March 2010 at 11:20.

Most Viewed