Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2022, 18:20   #15076
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post

Sadly it costs around 80l onroad here and diesels are not being sold anymore. I wouldn't mind buying the new one if I actually only had to pay 62l
But would the depreciation calculation start based on the on road price at the time of the first registration OR current on road price?. I guess the former. So if the on road price back then was 60sL, then is it a fair deal?
motorhead5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 22:13   #15077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
Hi all,
What would be a fair price for a 2015 Honda Mobilio which has done around 43k kilometres?
For some reason the Mobilio has become a hot car in the used car market. You will have to compete with other buyers and might end up paying more than what you ought to have paid. If it is diesel then its a good buy, 43K means its run 500 kilometres a month. Try and get more details, was it used mainly as a city car or a highway car? If it was mainly used as a highway car then the wear and tear would be lesser
Old 8th March 2022, 01:19   #15078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
But would the depreciation calculation start based on the on road price at the time of the first registration OR current on road price?. I guess the former. So if the on road price back then was 60sL, then is it a fair deal?
The onroad price back then was 70ish I believe. I don't think it was ever sold for 60l onroad sadly.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 12:17   #15079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph1st0 View Post
Elantra price is well below the typical Bangalore used car price. You may want to check why "Front Bumper,Rear Bumper,Left running board,Left Front Door and Left fender are Repainted".

As per Spinny executive, these were painted post purchase to get rid of cosmetic dents and scratches (Non-accidental). I am getting the vehicle for test drive tomorrow, will check further and also will get it checked from Hyundai ASC.

On a separate note, I plan to exchange my 2017 Honda City V MT(Petrol). It has run 30k and in extended warranty till October 2022, battery replaced couple of days back. What should be an ideal selling price for this.
Old 11th March 2022, 15:10   #15080
BHPian

Guys what would be good price for a 2018 September Endeavour 3.2 4x4, 14k done. Maintained nicely. Some key points :- I need the vehicle to be used in Delhi, the said vehicle is a J&K registration which is a little bummer.
Old 11th March 2022, 18:45   #15081
cka
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan_n8 View Post
Guys what would be good price for a 2018 September Endeavour 3.2 4x4, 14k done. Maintained nicely. Some key points :- I need the vehicle to be used in Delhi, the said vehicle is a J&K registration which is a little bummer.
I have done a lot of research and running around for buying used Endeavour recently. The price should be in range of 29-30 lakhs. Please get the car checked by your mechanic before buying. Further the price maybe little more for white and black colors of Endeavour. I know this price sounds high, but sadly in North India the prices of Endeavour has not fallen post Ford's exit. Not sure how you will handle J&K registration as I hardly see JK number plate on NCR roads.
cka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2022, 14:31   #15082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan_n8 View Post
JK registration might be problematic in NCR!
petrolhead777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2022, 22:30   #15083
BHPian

I have 2016 White Nano Twist XTA with 5000 kms in excellent condition. How much should I expect for it?
Old 14th March 2022, 12:46   #15084
BHPian

Today went out and checked a 2014 Dzire ZXI, which had run around 40000 kms, the guy was demanding 4.2 Lakhs and was only willing to go till 4 Lakhs. I do understand it is a sellers market but the value of car was around 3 Lakhs and it was on original tyres as well, anyways the hunt for a daily beater continues but the current market is overpriced by 10 to 20 % and i don't see it going down any time soon as the chip shortage continues to exist.

Last edited by revvharder : 14th March 2022 at 12:53.
Old 14th March 2022, 19:36   #15085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
For some reason the Mobilio has become a hot car in the used car market. r
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Look at value in OBV. Base on condition, you can offer 10% more or less.
I should have been more clear
Actually we are looking at selling our Honda Mobilio. It is a Petrol V variant with 42,xxx km's on the ODO.
Old 16th March 2022, 12:54   #15086
BHPian

Is 19 lakhs for a 2018 Tuscon GL CRDI driven for 49k kilometers a good deal?
werfish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 16:18   #15087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
As per Spinny executive, these were painted post purchase to get rid of cosmetic dents and scratches (Non-accidental). I am getting the vehicle for test drive tomorrow, will check further and also will get it checked from Hyundai ASC.

On a separate note, I plan to exchange my 2017 Honda City V MT(Petrol). It has run 30k and in extended warranty till October 2022, battery replaced couple of days back. What should be an ideal selling price for this.
Spinny executives are just salesmen and will tell you anything to sell the car. Spinny generally mentions all the dents/scratches, could be that the owner had painted them. You can get it inspected through Hyundai authorized dealer. You could also check the insurance, the NCB will give you an idea.

Regarding Honda city, I would use OBV or IndianBlueBook as a reference point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
Is 19 lakhs for a 2018 Tuscon GL CRDI driven for 49k kilometers a good deal?
It should be a good price if it is GLS variant since 2018 Hyundai Tucson had GLS 4WD variant (no GLS 2WD).
Meph1st0 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 10:00   #15088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph1st0 View Post
Spinny executives are just salesmen and will tell you anything to sell the car. Spinny generally mentions all the dents/scratches, could be that the owner had painted them. You can get it inspected through Hyundai authorized dealer. You could also check the insurance, the NCB will give you an idea..
Thanks. Test results were okay in service center. Also NCB is at 35% currently which resonates with the age of car. The car felt new barring few surface scratches. I had to let go due to under valuation of my car.

Also, have come across a 2014 AT AWD Santafe run 46k. It's from an individual who is the 2nd owner. Asking price at 13.5L seems higher.

I was thinking of proposing 11-12L max provided all checks at ASC and test drive impressions are okay. Will that be a fair amount?
Suryendu87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 11:28   #15089
BHPian

Hi Team, what should be the reasonable price for October 2020 bought decently maintained Honda City ZX CVT? I do not have the details on kilometres yet but I know the family and I don't think the car must have been run for crazy kilometres.
Old 24th March 2022, 17:43   #15090

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a used 2013 Honda City V (3rd generation) from spinny.

Here are the details.
Number of Owners: 2 (I'll be 3rd owner)
KMs driven: 88,464 Kms
Asking price: ₹4.82 Lakhs
Spinny listing URL: https://bit.ly/356DD7B
Damages: I'm seeing lots of scratches. A lot of repainting work is already done by spinny, I'm guessing those are mostly cosmetic and not something serious. Tires might need replacement soon.

Here is the interesting part, I'm currently not in Bangalore. Planning to fly to Bangalore this weekend and directly purchase the car if I like it. I'm in a bit of a time crunch now, can I blindly trust spinny and get the car just based on the test drive experience? Or is it still recommended to get the car checked in a service center?

Also, is that a fair price to pay? I'm not worried about the resale value of the car since I'm not planning on selling it.

Appreciate all your thoughts!
venkz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed