Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2022, 11:34   #15091
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

I'm exploring buying a 2018 July registered Passat Highline run about 58K Kms. Car is under warranty and option of getting another year's warranty. Car has been maintained well and is clean. This is Mumbai.

What should be the fair value for this.
MileCruncher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 12:01   #15092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkz View Post
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a used 2013 Honda City V (3rd generation) from spinny.

Here are the details.
Number of Owners: 2 (I'll be 3rd owner)
KMs driven: 88,464 Kms
Asking price: ₹4.82 Lakhs
Spinny listing URL: https://bit.ly/356DD7B

Appreciate all your thoughts!
I assume that you have already decided on this particular car. The price is on the higher side (typical of Spinny). I still recommend getting it checked out at the service center for a complete history.
Due diligence always has benefits since no dealer is a saint.
Personally, for this particular car I would not be paying more than 4L.
Also if you do decide to check-out the car then THIS will be helpful.
Old 28th March 2022, 12:03   #15093
BHPian

Team,
Trying to sell my beloved Sept 2004 bought Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCI (KA 05 registered) with ~39K on the odo. Very sparingly used and single owner driven. Has some scratches on the front left bumper which can be easily taken care of. Selling with a heavy heart as we are relocating out of India and searching for a good home for the car. What should be a fair price to expect?
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 17:31   #15094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
Team,
Trying to sell my beloved Sept 2004 bought Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCI (KA 05 registered) with ~39K on the odo.
Believe you mean 2014 .
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 17:39   #15095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Believe you mean 2014 .
Yes, got the date wrong by a decade ...thanks for the message
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 17:47   #15096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
Team,
Trying to sell my beloved Sept 2004 bought Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCI (KA 05 registered) with ~39K on the odo. Very sparingly used and single owner driven. Has some scratches on the front left bumper which can be easily taken care of. Selling with a heavy heart as we are relocating out of India and searching for a good home for the car. What should be a fair price to expect?
Sparingly driven EcoSport, this would have been a hot cake in the used car market, unfortunately for what has happened with Ford India, nobody is able to lay a finger on what would be the right price at the moment. The online calculators do not factor in the Ford leaving India issue that would be at the top of the mind of any Ford used car buyer. Having said that, my friend yesterday posted on FB that he bought a new EcoSport, don't know how he managed that. There are many who search and pick up Endeavours paying a premium to the used car price. Net-net very difficult to call. Please don't mention that you are relocating out of India to any buyer, that's a clear call to low ball the offer
TheARUN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 15:42   #15097

I'm exploring buying a pre owned 2017 Skoda Rapid 1.6 MPI Style, with 49k on the odo. It's 4 years and 4 months old, listed on Ola cars for 6.6 Lakhs. Is this a fair deal? And would it be worth to spend this much in a Skoda Rapid? I'm looking for long term usage of the car for about atleast 6-7 years more.
Old 31st March 2022, 18:36   #15098
Senior - BHPian

My friend is looking at a 2010 Skoda Fabia, 1.2 MPI Active Plus

Have 42000 on odo, with looks matching the kms claimed. Single owner.

Plan to keep it for another 5 years.
Can you please recommend a fair price for this specific car?
Old 4th April 2022, 14:53   #15099
BHPian

Sold my 2012 Alto K10 VXi (87652kms) on spinny for 2l. I bought her new for 3.8 otr (registered at KA03 in bangalore) and had meticulously maintained her, so much so the paint still looked new. It is probably one of the better travelled altos on bhp if not the country, having taken me and my family from the beaches of kovalam, goa and chennai, to the jungles of mp, and to sikkim bhutan and meghalaya. Would have held on to her if not certain major life altering circumstances. She was all stock barring headlamp upgrades for the frequent highway runs.

Was offered 2.1 but spinny deducted 10k as the car was in kolkata when sold. Was a hassle free experience

Last edited by hothatchaway : 4th April 2022 at 14:54.
hothatchaway is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 13:10   #15100
BHPian

I am looking at pre owned Tata Hexa XTA and have shortlisted 2 from olx, carwale.

1- 63k run, March 2017 registered, first owner with asking price of 14L. Tyre, battery to be changed and insurance expires mid May 2022. This is posted by the owner directly.

2- 55k run, March 2017 registered, second owner with asking price of 13L(down to 11.75L over phone negotiations). Tyres, battery to be changed and insurance lapsed 2 months back. This is posted by Toyota U Trust.

For the first case, asking price seems a bit high considering mileage and pending replacement. Owner is open to negotiating a bit. What should be the ideal price for this?

For the second case, asking price seems reasonable but I am having second thoughts as it's already 2nd owner in 5 years.

Will have it checked at TASS over the weekend to see what suits best.
Old 6th April 2022, 14:14   #15101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
I am looking at pre owned Tata Hexa XTA and have shortlisted 2 from olx, carwale.

1- 63k run, March 2017 registered, first owner with asking price of 14L. Tyre, battery to be changed and insurance expires mid May 2022. This is posted by the owner directly.

2- 55k run, March 2017 registered, second owner with asking price of 13L(down to 11.75L over phone negotiations). Tyres, battery to be changed and insurance lapsed 2 months back. This is posted by Toyota U Trust.

For the first case, asking price seems a bit high considering mileage and pending replacement. Owner is open to negotiating a bit. What should be the ideal price for this?

For the second case, asking price seems reasonable but I am having second thoughts as it's already 2nd owner in 5 years.

Will have it checked at TASS over the weekend to see what suits best.
Owner count should not really matter if the car is in good condition.

But, tyre change is a good expense. 19' tires on Hexa are hard to source at times and can be expensive too (from a good brand).
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 14:30   #15102

I am now planning to sell my beloved 2009 Skoda Fabia 1.4 MPI Elegance. It is a very rare variant. I am the first owner of this beautiful machine. But since there are not many of these variants in the used market, I am not able to get a reference of how much to expect from this sale. My car has a sunroof, alloy wheels, projector headlamps, ABS, heated ORVM, central locking, rear washer and wiper and a very communicative steering wheel from the factory. The car is very well maintained and periodic service is religiously followed. Please guide me for this sale. Attaching herewith the photo of my steed. Sorry for the bad picture quality
Attached Images

Last edited by TSI_FTW : 6th April 2022 at 14:46. Reason: Attaching photo of the car
TSI_FTW is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 15:34   #15103
BHPian

My brother is leaving for US with his family in May'22.

He has a XUV3OO, 1.2 W4, Turbocharged petrol.
The car has merely run 15000 km and he has installed MOMO Alloys and Sony XAV 3000 Android system and Rear parking camera and sensors. I don't have car pics at this moment.

It's an April 2019 car, silver color and he is asking me to take it.
Problem is that I live in Hyderabad and I will have to pay life time road tax here.

What should I offer for the car? Carwale is showing a price of 8.53 to 8.7 L on its valuation as per Delhi location, of course without considering the additions he did, and for Hyderabad location it will be higher.
The new car in Hyderabad is costing 9.7L.

Any Delhi resident who wants to buy this car can also PM me, as I am still in double minds due to this additional tax and car transfer to Hyderabad. He is the first owner, the car was actually launched around that time.
He has only one condition: He will deliver the car after the ownership has been transferred.
Please note: Nothing is untrue what I have written here, I can request him to share his visa and tickets if anybody wants.
Old 6th April 2022, 21:04   #15104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
My brother is leaving for US with his family in May'22.

He has only one condition: He will deliver the car after the ownership has been transferred.
Please note: Nothing is untrue what I have written here, I can request him to share his visa and tickets if anybody wants.
If he is willing to accept payment after getting the ownership transferred, I am interested in the deal
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 00:05   #15105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
If he is willing to accept payment after getting the ownership transferred, I am interested in the deal
Yes, I think with a token amount and an undertaking in exchange of the RC should work. The balance amount can be exchanged on the day of delivery.

I think he is unnecessarily worried and if an individual buyer convince him that he will not delay the transfer, he may finalise the deal including delivery on the same day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks