Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2022, 21:43   #15241

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Buying a used car that is on corporate Lease

Dear All,

Need your inputs on a scenario where I am looking to buy a used March 2021car. The car is currently owned by a gentleman but is on a lease from his employer. The RC mentions the company name as owner. Below are the questions i need your insights on:-
1) Can the transfer happen to me directly from the lease company i.e from current corporate owner to me . The current owner says that once we pay and foreclose the deal, lease company (Kotak in this case) will issue the required documents which will enable transfer to any name in RTO. Is this correct?
2) How should such a deal be structured (if everything else checks out), i.e how should the payment be structured to safeguard interests of both parties. The option currently presented to me is to pay directly to lease company the outstanding dues and take delivery. The remaining amount to be paid once the owner delivers the documents from lease company (within 15 days).
3) Is the the transfer from a leased car(corporate owner) to individual hassle free or if any additional charges beyond the normal transfer fee(around inr 500 within same state) to be paid ?

Any other things I should be aware of ?

Thanks and Regards,
TK
Old 16th August 2022, 22:23   #15242

Hello All,

I have booked a Kia Seltos recently and would like to sell my current Honda Jazz V CVT that I bought in 2015 November. It's run roughly 75,000 KMs.

I had the AC compressor changed in Feb of this year for 30,000/- & have done a full dent removal and paint job on it for 35,000/- last month. Apart from this, I changed the tires at 50k Kilometers in 2019 as well.

What would be in good price to sell it for?
Ram22693 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 22:25   #15243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunkassana View Post

1) Can the transfer happen to me directly
2) How should such a deal be structured (if everything else checks out), i.e how should the payment be structured to safeguard interests of both parties
3) Is the the transfer from a leased car(corporate owner) to individual hassle free
1. Yes.
2. Usually lease company is also a big corporate in itself. You transfer money to their corporate bank account. They take full amount before delivery. You have to go for it if you trust the lease company. They share the invoice for the amount they are selling the car to you. It is a good enough proof for you.
3. If a big lease company is involved, it is absolutely hassle free.

Last edited by MT_Hyderabad : 16th August 2022 at 22:27.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 10:29   #15244
BHPian

Hi Guys,

A friend is selling his Renault Duster Petrol RXL. 2013 model. 1.5L petrol engine. 104 BHP. Run 65,000 KMs. No accidents. Full service history with Renault. He is asking 3.20L. Car is in Goa.

My questions :

1. What sort of mileage does a Petrol Duster give? How good is this engine on the highways and in the hills?
2. Is this a fair asking price?
3. Anything I need to be looking out for? I mean any particular problem that "Dusters" suffer from?

Many Thanks,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 13:17   #15245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,
1. What sort of mileage does a Petrol Duster give? How good is this engine on the highways and in the hills?
2. Is this a fair asking price?
3. Anything I need to be looking out for? I mean any particular problem that "Dusters" suffer from?
SS
My suggestion is to avoid it. Just Pass it.

Goa is a coastal city. Initial dusters weren't painted well or there was some quality issue. There are threads on TBhp describing the same.
The initial dusters were prone to rusting and other issues and to top it off, the car is from a coastal city. I do not want to dig deeper anymore here.

Secondly, FE from 1.5 NA petrol, oof, in city you might get around 7-12, if lucky, may be 13-14 on less traffic roads. On highways, considering duster weight and other factors, you might get around 14-17. Diesel is a different animal, but we are talking about petrol i guess.

If you are buying a petrol car, Stick to Japanese brands like Suzuki, Honda and Toyota. Diesel? Yes, you can get a duster or Ford or VW or others too.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 08:17   #15246
BHPian

Does anyone have any idea what is the practical ETA for getting an NOC from the HR26 (Gurugram) RTO for transferring a vehicle to another state? I'm looking at purchasing an HR26 registered car and register it in KA. I was told it takes 15 days and could even be expedited to 2 days. The car would complete 10 years of registration this on DEC 2022 and I'm worried the NOC will be rejected if the date gets crossed due to the NCR diesel vehicle ban. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!
Old 18th August 2022, 09:08   #15247
BHPian

Hello!

Asking on behalf of a friend who wants to pick up a used TT. It is registered in 2015, and has about 9,100 kms on the ODO. The asking price is 42.5L, plus the road tax he'd have to pay to transfer it in KA ~ 7.5L.

He wants to primarily use it as his weekend / project car to experiment with aftermarket hardware, and some tuning. The car is well maintained and has a clear service history.

He is mentally prepared to spend 1.5L annually to maintain the car and is aware of the general issues concerning VAG cars.

Do you think 50L for a 2015 TT w/ 9,100 kms on the ODO is a decent buy?
ananbanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 10:17   #15248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunkassana View Post

Need your inputs on a scenario where I am looking to buy a used March 2021car. The car is currently owned by a gentleman but is on a lease from his employer. The RC mentions the company name as owner. Below are the questions i need your insights on:-
Check with Kotak on the process. Its a corporate company. They will explain things clearly.

Get an Agreement.

If things are clear, proceed with the deal.If you smell anything fishy, just back off.

Considering the car, why are you buying a 2021 car? You can get a new one with much cheaper loan. Go for a new one, unless you are getting >30% cheaper this car when compared to a new one. If the difference is less, its not worth the process & risk you are undertaking for this car.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 12:18   #15249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulDrive View Post
Does anyone have any idea what is the practical ETA for getting an NOC from the HR26 (Gurugram) RTO for transferring a vehicle to another state?
Once the paper work, fee payment and picture of original owner is taken at Saral Kendra, the NOC would be issued within 15 days that can be collected by original owner on show of receipt and ID proof.
the pony is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 17:10   #15250

Does it still make sense to buy a Civic Hybrid AT 2008 model in Bangalore?
The quoted price is 4L which is on the higher side.

I am more concerned regarding the maintenance of hybrid vs non-hybrid Civics.
Does anyone have an idea?
Old 19th August 2022, 12:46   #15251

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Folks. I am looking for a xuv 500 of around 2013 to 2015 (w6 or w8). What may be the price range for a good car approximately done around 80k to 1L kms? Also, I live in Bangalore - which as we all know is known for higher prices - so if you can factor that in - that would be super!!
Hi @deep_bang, I am selling my XUV 500 W8 2014 model. You can DM me. The listing: https://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy...or-sale/68964/
Old 23rd August 2022, 14:10   #15252

Hi All,

I am looking to buy a used Jeep Compass Diesel (2020 Dec Model). Need your opinion on expected price.

Manufacturing yr: Sep 2020 (Night Eagle)
Reg Yr: Jan 2021
Transmission: Manual (4*2)
Color: White
Registration City: Bangalore
Mileage: 18000 KM
Extended warranty: Not available.

Pristine condition. No accidents. Owner travelling abroad and is selling it. Asking price: 19L.

I am not sure this is fair price. Also, wanted to check on how jeep compass model is faring on second hand market?
Old 23rd August 2022, 22:38   #15253
Senior - BHPian

I feel there is a huge nexus between used car dealers and online sites like cars24 and OLX Cars etc. I have been trying to get a reasonable price for my 2018 1.6 SX diesel Creta which has just done 28k and has new tyres, new battery, a new HU and a lot more. None of these guys are quoting more than 10.5 lakhs, whereas i cannot find a single listing for a similar car in any site for less than 13 lakhs! I also tried to get a price for my wife’s Elite i20, 2018 Petrol magna executive with just 6500kms on the Odo, but here again nothing more than 6.20 lakhs. And no similar listing less than 7.5 lakhs anywhere!

And the price quotes have been progressively coming down with each day! Surely the over exposure of the cars through these sites end up reaching the same dealers and they in turn collude to quote lower. There is just no way to reach individual buyers anymore! I dont mind if dealers make money, but here it looks like these guys want to make 1-2
Lakhs!

Last edited by motorworks : 23rd August 2022 at 22:40.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 09:50   #15254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
There is just no way to reach individual buyers anymore!
I sold a car in February within 2 days via olx to a like-minded automotive enthusiast.

And I had bought that car in 2018 through carwale from a retired merchant navy Captain.

Both were lucrative deals for me and the other parties concerned. We all saved a lot of money.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 12:20   #15255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
There is just no way to reach individual buyers anymore!
Patience is the name of the game. And luck has quite a heavy influence too on these matters.

My SCross 1.6's previous owner had been looking out for a buyer for a while but without much success (IIRC). Parallel to that, I had spent several weeks searching for one (while evaluating a few dealer options). I reached out to him (@DrNaren had shared his sale details) and we connected a few times and finalized the deal within days - the car was well maintained and I didn't waste too much time haggling with him. Overall it took only a few deals from first call to final deal.

I recently observed a bhpian selling his 1.6 in less than 2 days - he put up his ad here and got responses (from individuals) within the day.

It's very obvious the dealers understand & play this game very well - hence the reducing quotes. You need to wait it out. Things can move very fast if you get the right buyer.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks