Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2022, 11:04   #15331
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

My in-laws bought a 2017 Maruti Swift Zxi done 22,000kms for Rs 5.50 lakh from Maruti True Value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
My Uncle recently sold his 2013 Mercedes B180 Petrol for 5.7L to a dealer! Car had done less than 50k kms.
Listed for sale at a dealer for 9.75L ! Car had done 34,000kms.

Last edited by PPS : 3rd November 2022 at 11:08.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 16:38   #15332
BHPian

I'm upgrading from my Jetta highline. I am not a new car guy. I am looking at between a Polestar and a BMW 525d. What's the best price I can quote for a Polestar in Bangalore? I'm leaning towards Polestar sure to the explosive performance and exclusivity. Any other options with a budget of less than 30 lakh?
Old 8th November 2022, 11:10   #15333
BHPian

Does a 2018 Jeep Compass Limited Plus Petrol (43K kms - single owner) for 18L on Spinny sound like a good deal?

Also, is buying a Delhi car through Spinny for Bangalore possible?
since Spinny is asking for a local Delhi address for RC but delivers car across the country

Additionally, how painful/ troublesome would it be to drive it in Bengaluru on a DL number plate
Rocketscience77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 14:04   #15334
Senior - BHPian

Got to check out a 2020 C class with 30k kms over the weekend. Vehicle seemed to be in perfect condition except for a few odd squeaks while driving over rough roads. Car was with one of those premium car dealers. Found out that the car was manufactured in late 2019 and registered one year later. On asking the dealer he played it off as it remained unsold for a while due to it being covid times. On casually enquiring about the car with the mercedes dealership, got to know that the warranty is ending this year. On asking them why, found out that the warranty of the car started in late 2019 itself, 2 months after manufacturing. Turned out that it was a demo car that was sold off to a customer after a year for a discount. Demo cars will show up as first owner cars in RC book so beware.

If there is a big gap between car warranty start date and registration date, it is a demo car. Just something to keep in mind.
Cresterk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 10:42   #15335
BHPian

2015 Jetta High line with 125000KM on odo at Hyderabad. asking price of 7.85
What will be a right price for this, given it is mechanically sound ?
Old 12th November 2022, 04:02   #15336

Hello all

Any Ignis owners here ?

Finally got my first car today. Had to double my budget but I got a 2018 Ignis Zeta 1.2 MT (alloy wheels, push button start etc) with 10,000 km on the odo. Paid 4.2 lacs for it. Car is nearly flawless cosmetically. A few minor scratches and one tiny dent. Got it thoroughly checked at the Maruti Center and the mechanic okayed it saying no issues at all and valid service record as well. Color is Uptown Red and I don’t love it but I don’t hate it either.

Someone on a YouTube comment said I overpaid for it (and they may be right because I’m not really experienced with this thing) but I’d like to know by how much. Considering Maharashtra taxes are obscenely high and the car was purchased for around 6.7 lacs in 2018 October, do you think 4.2 lacs (63% of cost price) is too much for a car that has barely run ?

Whey fo you guys think ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12th November 2022, 06:21   #15337
BHPian

Guys what would be the right price for a Tata Hexa XMA which has run just around 9000 Kms. Its a 2018 model and in very good condition.

Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 07:03   #15338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainchutney View Post

Someone on a YouTube comment said I overpaid for it (and they may be right because I’m not really experienced with this thing) but I’d like to know by how much. Considering Maharashtra taxes are obscenely high and the car was purchased for around 6.7 lacs in 2018 October, do you think 4.2 lacs (63% of cost price) is too much for a car that has barely run ?

Whey fo you guys think ?

Thanks in advance.
Generally, cars depreciate about 10% every year. Once you use this calculation, you would arrive at approximately 50 to 60% of the original value. From this value depending on the upkeep of the car it can go higher or lower. From what I see from your post, 63% is not bad at all based on your assessment that it's top notch.

The way I would also look at is, suppose you did pay a small premium, that's still ok in the larger scheme of things as you would keep it for say 5 years and a few thousands here are there don't matter. Condition of the car does matter and is more important. I would anyday pay a premium for a good car than average rates for an average car.
deep_bang is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 11:29   #15339

Thanks for the reply deep. Yes I calculated the depreciated value of the car to be approx 4.05 lacs since it’s exactly 4 years old right now.
Figure I ended up paying 15k extra based on the km and condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Generally, cars depreciate about 10% every year. Once you use this calculation, you would arrive at approximately 50 to 60% of the original value. From this value depending on the upkeep of the car it can go higher or lower. From what I see from your post, 63% is not bad at all based on your assessment that it's top notch.

The way I would also look at is, suppose you did pay a small premium, that's still ok in the larger scheme of things as you would keep it for say 5 years and a few thousands here are there don't matter. Condition of the car does matter and is more important. I would anyday pay a premium for a good car than average rates for an average car.
Old 12th November 2022, 12:26   #15340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience77 View Post
Does a 2018 Jeep Compass Limited Plus Petrol (43K kms - single owner) for 18L on Spinny sound like a good deal?

Also, is buying a Delhi car through Spinny for Bangalore possible?
since Spinny is asking for a local Delhi address for RC but delivers car across the country

Additionally, how painful/ troublesome would it be to drive it in Bengaluru on a DL number plate
15 to 16 lakhs is a fair price for 2018 Limited Plus Petrol. There are so many used compass petrol available in Bangalore so you can get a better deal.

If you are in Bangalore, you must buy a KA registered car. You will face a hard time driving a DL car and being harassed by traffic police frequently. The ownership transfer from another state is also a long painful process.
swoosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 13:10   #15341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainchutney View Post
Hello all

Any Ignis owners here ?

Finally got my first car today.

Someone on a YouTube comment said I overpaid for it
Stop thinking once the deal is done and enjoy the car. The more you think you will spoil your moment. I own a Ignis. If you can digest the rear look, it's a wonderful car. Enjoy.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 17:17   #15342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
2015 Jetta High line with 125000KM on odo at Hyderabad. asking price of 7.85
What will be a right price for this, given it is mechanically sound ?
Approximately 5 lakhs. It is a 7 year old vehicle with high mileage.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th November 2022 at 06:59. Reason: Minor typo
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 17:48   #15343
BHPian

How much can I pay for a really well maintained BMW 525D-2011 model with around 40k on odo, first owner in Bangalore?
Old 18th November 2022, 19:26   #15344

I am looking for a car to buy and found a 2017 TUV300 T8 AMT with 65,000 km on its odometer. The car seems to be in a great condition. Tax is paid till 2027. The owner's firm price is 5 lakhs. Is this a good price?

Also I just found in this forum that there are lots of issues with the AMT. Folks are even advising other people to not buy the AMT version. Should I stay away from this car or the issues are overblown?

Thanks a lot.
Old 19th November 2022, 11:31   #15345
BHPian

Checking out a 2010 Fortuner (gen1) 50k genuine kms on the ODO. The owner is from a known circle and runs many businesses. The vehicle is in immaculate condition inside and out. Always serviced in TKM service centers and even has the timing belt changed at 10 years interval.

Less usage due to multiple cars and self-driving most of the time which shows tells the lesser odo reading.

The asking price is 10L. Location Chennai.

Is it a worthy buy considering the age?
Ajay_the_Don is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks