Golden Brown
40000 km running
Location - Bangalore

Friend is planning to sell
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 14:16   #15423
//R

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

I have a 2015 MS S-Cross 1.3 Zeta which is at the 84k kms mark currently. The car was bought with the mindset of keeping it until its End of Life and it has been serving its purpose flawlessly. Inevitably though, I'd have to part ways with it before September 2025 owing to the Delhi/NCR NGT ruling about 10 year old Diesel vehicles. My query has two parts:

1. Is this the right time to sell the car and upgrade or should it be kept and run for another couple of years? The car is going to depreciate steeply now and the new car prices are on a perpetual rise. My financial condition might improve by then but that also comes with increasing responsibilities and other commitments in life (I am 30 presently).

2. What value should I expect out of it and where's the best place to sell it? Is it fruitful to contact dealers or post classifieds in another city outside of Delhi? I won't mind driving the car to neighbouring states like UP/HR/HP/PB/RJ if it fetches a better value. It has its fair share of scratches and repainted panels owing to minor city-level bumper/fender dents which were repaired under insurance. The mechanicals are near perfect with a clutch and rear suspension overhaul done between the 78-82k milestones.

Welcoming all feedbacks and critics which might help solve this dilemma of mine!
Old 30th March 2023, 22:54   #15424

I am looking at a used Vento. Details as below:
Vehicle - Volkswagen Vento
Variant - Highline Diesel MT
Mileage - 42000km
MY- 2018 November (Still under warranty, extended warranty is already purchased and insurance is valid till Dec 23)
Vehicle seems to be in decent condition, no accident history, no obvious signs of issues. Seller has agreed for a complete checkup with VW or FNG.
Quoted price - 8.75 (Have not negotiated anything yet)
What could be a good offer on this? Humbly requesting suggestions.
aston_martyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 21:52   #15425

I want to sell my Ciaz Zxi, 2015 model, run 43800.km, single owner, silver colour and in excellent condition. The tyres are original and will be good for another 3k km. The battery was changed in 2019. Cars 24 offered me Rs 5.59 lakhs and I rejected it as I am seeing many ads for this kind of a car priced around 7 lakhs.

I placed an ad in TBhp classified as well as in OLX, asking for Rs 6.85 lakhs. The response is feeble so far. Am.i asking for too much? What should I expect?

Also I would like to carry forward the 25% NCB on this car to my recently purchased car next year. Can I sell my ciaz without transferring the comprehensive insurance? Or is there any method whereby the buyer pays a differential amount to transfer to his name and I can get a ncb letter from the insurer?

Kindly advise.
Old 4th April 2023, 23:42   #15426

Originally Posted by aston_martyr View Post
I am looking at a used Vento. Details as below:
Vehicle - Volkswagen Vento
Variant - Highline Diesel MT
Mileage - 42000km
Nowadays, diesel car sellers demand premium since diesel cars are no longer in production and no longer expected to be newly available.
However, VAG cars are not famous for durability. Vento Diesel, known for its injection failures, be wary. Aged since 2018, the IDV of this model could be in the range of 6 lakhs around. Therefore the asking price 8.5 Lakhs is on the higher side. You may consider this car around 7 lakhs, IMHO.
cs_rajesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 23:49   #15427

How much can we expect for a

Honda City V-MT (P)
Golden Brown
40000 km running
Location - Bangalore

The price was roughly
₹ 10 Lakhs (Ex-Showroom)
₹ 11.33 Lakhs (On-Road)

I would expect somewhere around 7-7.5 Lakhs.
cs_rajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 07:36   #15428

How much can we expect for a

Honda City V-MT (P)
Golden Brown
40000 km running
Location - Bangalore

Picked up 2015 VX CVT 39K for 6.5L 2 months back. And now with the news of 4th Gen discontinued, I’d expect your friend should make peace with 5.5L. Anything above would be a bonus.
creative420 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 07:57   #15429

Originally Posted by //R View Post
I have a 2015 MS S-Cross. Is this the right time to sell the car and upgrade or should it be kept and run for another couple of years? The car is going to depreciate steeply now and the new car prices are on a perpetual rise.
I'd say no. Depreciation is the steepest in the first 3 years. At this age, your car is anyway going to be picked up by someone out of state who can use it till it turns 15. Same state buyer or dealer won't offer you more than 3-3.5 lakhs for it. It is better to continue with the car and sell somewhere around mid-2025.

New car prices are on a perpetual rise but at the same time, new diesel cars are getting rarer (and troublesome) at the same time. With lack of options, diesel buyers will be forced to look at the used car market. In fact, your car would fetch a decent value even in 2025 if you go through service providers like Olx and Spinny that work on a pan-India level. Just hope and pray that NGT does not come up with a blanket ban covering all states by that time

Last edited by self_driven : 5th April 2023 at 07:59.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 09:25   #15430

Originally Posted by //R View Post
1. Is this the right time to sell the car and upgrade or should it be kept and run for another couple of years
It's the perfect time to sell off your car if it's a Delhi registered. If it's registered in UP/HR you may wait for another year. If it's Delhi registered you would require state NOC and getting state NOC in last year is a pain in Delhi and potential dealers who buy the car know it, so they offer ridiculous low price in last year. Very few individual buyers like to take pain of getting state NOCs so you are left at the mercy of Cars24, OLX Auto(Spinny no longer likes to buy Diesel cars in Delhi NCR). Your best bet is Cars24.
Just for an example i just sold off my Fluidic Verna SX(o) model diesel with 6 Airbags and Automatic Projector headlights with DRL may 2014 model 1,10,000 mileage which is UP14 registered at 3.35 Lakh only. Getting NOC in UP is far easier than in Delhi and potential buyers in UP need not pay registration charges again(Which would be the case with delhi registered cars).
I listed my car on sale on OLX in February, waited for almost a month and maximum offer i got was 3.5 Lakh only. The moment I listed car on OLX , i started getting calls from Cars24, OLX Auto, Spinny, local dealers and individual buyers. Fluidic Verna is in huge demand in UP ,where 90% cars sold are still diesel only , despite that i got low offers. After multiple evaluations i got offers of 2.65 lakh from Spinny, Cars24 initial 2.85 which they improved to 3.1 Lakh after 2weeks of negotiations. Exchange offered by Toyota/Maruti/MG hector was 3lakh only. Individual offers were from 2Lakh to 3.5 Lakh only. Most individual buyers didn't even turn up after initial telephonic negotiations. Finally i sold off to the first buyer who turned up and i did sold off at 3.35 Lakh. Not even a single offer on Team Bhp classified.

So if it's a Delhi registered i would suggest list on OLX and get your car evaluated by Cars24 , Spinny etc immediately and finally after you get the best offer from either of them. Reduce your asking price on OLX to max 20% more than that. Wait for around a month the deal price you should expect would be somewhere around 10% more than the one offered by Cars24. If it's UP/HR registered you may start the process after 6months to one year.

There would be over smart buyers who would try to manipulate you by offering low Prices since its a diesel car and would even behave as if they are doing you a favour by providing better price then scrap(Your car has just 2years of registration left in Delhi).

There is another issue ( Although BS4 was applied in Delhi NCR in 2010 only but it got updated on Parivahan in 2017 only, when it was applied nation wide). Atleast in UP14, UP16 it got updated in 2017 only so all cars registered in UP14, UP16 from 2010 till 2017 showed BS3 only. If that's the case with your Delhi registered car also the first thing you do is to get your RC updated to BS4 then start sale. The process itself will take 2weeks to 3months. Most RTOs in India don't re- registered BS3 cars.

When listing on OLX pay for premium service to get your car listed on the top always

All the best for your sale.

Last edited by drsachin : 5th April 2023 at 09:54.
drsachin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 11:01   #15431

Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Right now you can only get a better quote from Spinny. Cars24 and local dealers offer the same amount in my experience to offloading my recently sold Ritz. Spinny offered 10-15% more than Cars24.
It was shocking to me but Hyundai is also doing second hand car purchase and they offered me 25% more than Spinny for my 2016 Ford Ecosport (19K mileage) even without mentioning each about the other! That's a huge difference in offer!
komalthecoolk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 18:30   #15432

Moved to Mumbai few months back and want to get a car. Planning to keep the car for 3-4 years and looking for something of a touring machine to explore places with my parents. 2019-2020 Octavia AT’s seem to match my requirements. Hence willing to take the chance on a Skoda and get the extended warranty (needs to be under 4 years old)

What sort of mileage will the 1.8 TSI give? Annual running will be around 12,000 kms, expecting 10-12 Kmpl on a tankful to tankful and slightly higher on pure highway runs.
What will be a good deal? Listings are around 17-18L for under 50k kms run cars
Will a checkup at Skoda ASC be sufficient?
aa1997 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 16:37   #15433

Hello guys.

Looking at one BRV 2019 midel, 20k run V CVT.

Asking price 9.8l.

Is it good? As per conversation, very little space for negotiations.

Also, no traction control or stability control is a bit downer.
Old 14th April 2023, 12:49   #15434

Hi Guys!
Looking for 2017-2019 Octavia TDI DSG in Mumbai. What should be the expected price for 1st Owner, 50k Kms run models?
My online research was in the range of 17-22L. I think its quite a big range for 1st owner cars unless there are some hidden info. Also, these are only Dealer prices. I am not in touch with any owners directly.

Please advise on ownership of Octy TDIs too.
DieselAnna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 21:36   #15435

What would be the right price for a 65K driven Ciaz ZXi (2016)?

Looks fine; tyres were not changed yet. Owner goes to work daily, probability less for it being a lemon.

City: Hyderabad (For city pricing differences, was costing INR 10.5L without discounts then). Single Owner.