Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2023, 13:29   #15676

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

How to get complete service records of any Car? Do Authorized service center's giveaway car records to anyone or is it only accessible to owner and/or agents?
I've seen CarDekho providing Car service history at Rs.299. Is it authentic and genuine? How do CarsDekho/droom get access to records? Can we use those records to take informed decisions before buying any Car?

I would appreciate comments from this amazing community.

Thanks!
zoomzap89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 21:09   #15677
BHPian

Hi,
What would be best price that we can pay for BMW 520d 2018 luxury line which run 32k. From BMW showroom.
Old 27th October 2023, 22:00   #15678

Hello everyone,

Im currently looking for an used disel used Suv/muv with less than 50kkms in the odo. I discovered a Mahindra Xuv300 W6 diesel of 2019 with a little over 30,000kms in the ODO at a Mahindra First choice dealership through CarandBike portal in Kolkata.

I have already taken a brief test drive and everything seemed fine except a squealing sound while revving the vehicle. I brought this issue the salesperson's notice and he agreed to get it checked in their workshop.
The body has few minor scratches near the rear passenger door and at the rear bumber.

But while I was inspecting the engine bay during idle, engine oil was squirting out through the dipstick area at idle after removing it continuously.

The sales person again reluctantly inspected the same and agreed to send it to the garage to get it checked. (Later I was informed, the following issues were resolved and it was due to faulty intercooler).

I am yet to visit and check the current condition of the Vehicle tomorrow.

I really need your valuable suggestions to take a decision on this vehicle; the vehicle looks in good shape overall, Car&Bike website claims to provide 2 years warranty on Engine and gear box
(25,000kms).

But the reluctant approach of the sales executive, unsatisfactory response to my queries are giving me second thoughts on the same.

Please let me know if intercooler issue could actually be the reason behind oil squirt after removal of dipstick at idle, or there could be some other serious underlying issue?

Mahindra First choice is quoting 7 lakhs plus RTO and insurance cost for this 2029 W6 model of XUV300 in Kolkata.

I really need your valuable feedback and suggestions to take an informed decision.
Thanks in advance.
Old 28th October 2023, 00:55   #15679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darpan666 View Post
I really need your valuable feedback and suggestions to take an informed decision.
What’s good on the outside is not always good on the inside. I am saying this from personal experience where our Total Loss Vehicle was bought by a buyer and sold back. What is more important is that if the car was maintained well. You can know this by obtaining service history, checking past insurance claims, etc. Ideally, look for a 1 or 2 owner car and follow the TBHP used car checklist (ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India).

All the best!
ex-innova-guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 01:55   #15680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzap89 View Post
How to get complete service records of any Car? Do Authorized service center's giveaway car records to anyone or is it only accessible to owner and/or agents?
I've seen CarDekho providing Car service history at Rs.299. Is it authentic and genuine? How do CarsDekho/droom get access to records? Can we use those records to take informed decisions before buying any Car?

I would appreciate comments from this amazing community.

Thanks!
I'm not sure abt Car Dekho. Getting the service records depends on the service centre and manufacturer policy. I was able to procure the records from Nissan for my purchase in chennai. I was looking for a terrano in coimbatore and they outright didn't help me at all. Either the owner needs to be present or the original RC had to be provided. The service advisor does have the final say. I was still able to get a quote for all the pending work on the particular vehicle I was looking for. Id say take the owner with u if they're cooperative or get the chassis number and visit the service center and explain your situation in person. Try multiple service centre's and call multiple cities, some people do help.
venukrithish is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 03:19   #15681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darpan666 View Post

But while I was inspecting the engine bay during idle, engine oil was squirting out through the dipstick area at idle after removing it continuously.

The sales person again reluctantly inspected the same and agreed to send it to the garage to get it checked. (Later I was informed, the following issues were resolved and it was due to faulty intercooler).
Best avoid this vehicle. It's an unnecessary baggage for you for a purchase. Reasons could be multiple for oil coming out through the dipstick area. It's clearly not normal. If you are super keen about it, ask for records on parts they changed, then review if it's still worth going for. If I were you, I simply won't take this headache for a car am going to purchase
TheCamShaft is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 11:18   #15682
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I was looking for a pre-owned small automatic car for my wife for city use only. One of the criteria was high seating position and good visibility all around. Also need easy ingress-egress for my parents.

Found a 2016 Nano GenX XTA with a used car dealer with 11k kms on the odo. At a high level inspection the car looks fine. He is quoting Rs. 2.4L which could be negotiated a little during the final deal.

My question to experts: Is it fine to go for a used AMT Nano with respect to reliability, availability of parts and service? If yes, what would be the right price to offer for the above car?

Thanks in advance.
Old 1st November 2023, 17:13   #15683
Senior - BHPian

I am on the lookout for Corolla Altis and Elantras from 2012 to 2015 era (basically that's what the budget prefers + these are fairly safe & reliable vehicles and more space/conform compared to Citys/Vernas/new age cars).

Way back I remember that Altis were actually priced more than Elantras, but strangely all the online portals show me the current depreciated price of Elantras more than Altis.
Is it that used car markets are saying that after ~10 years Elantras are better bet than Altis? Or it appears to be some manipulation of quoted prices?
alpha1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 00:07   #15684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
Hello everyone,

One of the criteria was high seating position and good visibility all around. Also need easy ingress-egress for my parents.

My question to experts: Is it fine to go for a used AMT Nano with respect to reliability, availability of parts and service? If yes, what would be the right price to offer for the above car?

Thanks in advance.
I would suggest to visit your nearby TASS in town to discuss on parts availability for Nano. You will get a better picture.

Given you mentioned high seating position and AMT, I would also suggest you checkout Maruti Spresso AGS versions. By design, this car has a high seating position, you should check it out once if not already
TheCamShaft is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 09:46   #15685
BHPian

Hey folks!
Need some guidance deciding the selling price for Tata Hexa.
Here are the details: - We have a 2017 model Tata Hexa XM, driven less than 20k km (yes, that's right - 17k to be exact). Atleast 90% of it has been on the highways. This is the car we use for our outstation trips and have two other cars (Dzire) for our day to day use.
We hardly drive it for 1000-1500 km YEARLY. It cannot be used in the city due to the smaller roads and lack of parking. Does the conclusion to sell seem right? Given that it's a great car and they don't make such cars anymore.
PS: To put price into perspective, it was launched as an Innova Competitor which starts at 22L (on-road) and harrier/safari start around 18.
Old 2nd November 2023, 21:09   #15686
BHPian

I have short listed 3 cars in maximum budget of 2 lakhs. All below cars are seen at different dealer. Car will be a replacement for my bike (will keep the bike on standby). Maximum expected running would be approximately 500 kilometres per month.

- 2011 Jazz (1st owner) - Completely repainted, driven for 56000 kilometres.
- 2010 City VMT (2nd owner) - Driven 65000 kilometres
- 2010 Swift Zxi (2nd owner) - Original paint. Excellent condition. Driven for 89000 kilometres

What should the maximum quote I should put forward for all the above cars? Will be happy if any Bhpian is selling similar budget car in Mumbai location.

Other cars I own - Etios diesel 2013 and WagonR AMT 2016. Both the cars are occupied for different purpose recently and I don't have a ready car when I need it.
So not looking to spend too much money above the quoted budget.
Thanks.

Last edited by DrCar : 2nd November 2023 at 21:13.
Old 3rd November 2023, 11:40   #15687
BHPian

What should be the good price for a 2016 model Harley Iron 883 (17k kms on ODO)?

Sellers are quoting a high price on OLX (above 5L). Not able to judge if it's a fair price!
Old 3rd November 2023, 12:05   #15688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi_dream View Post
Hey folks!
Need some guidance deciding the selling price for Tata Hexa.
Here are the details: - We have a 2017 model Tata H
We hardly drive it for 1000-1500 km YEARLY. It cannot be used in the city due to the smaller roads and lack of parking. Does the conclusion to sell seem right? Given that it's a great car and they don't make such cars anymore.
PS: To put price into perspective, it was launched as an Innova Competitor which starts at 22L (on-road) and harrier/safari start around 18.
Hello Audi Dream,

Is the car manual or an automatic.

Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 12:09   #15689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawad0222 View Post
Hello Audi Dream,

Is the car manual or an automatic.

Thanks
Hey! It's a manual car (6 speed).
audi_dream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 11:45   #15690
BHPian

Do used cars make sense for anyone residing in Delhi NCR? Given the draconian 10/15 yrs rule it seems paying 5L for a 5-6 yrs old car works out be actually MORE expensive than buying a new car for 8L-10L.

Most Viewed