Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2008, 16:29   #166
BHPian

IMO, please buy a new car expecially if you are going in for a loan. Out of experience I can say that most new cars are completely trouble free for the first 3 years.

You could buy the new Accent. (the Verna)
Old 26th January 2008, 17:34   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8shiv View Post
Friends Hyundai Accent Crdi Sucks After 75000 Km , The Engine Doent Last Longer That That So Keep Away From Used Crdi From Hyundai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Beg to differ - I have personally seen my friend's CRDi having done 1,30,000 kms without issues. He is extremely particular about oil changes & general maintainence

Cheers
Yeah but that was with proper maitaince na.How can u be sure of this on a 63000 run accent crdi.We have had cases of accent crdi engine failing at 70 and 80 thousand km right here on team-bhp
Its a risk and if you are willing to take it its your call but for a complete peace of mind stay away from this and buy a new car as someone suggested.

Last edited by humyum : 26th January 2008 at 17:49.
Old 26th January 2008, 17:39   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8shiv View Post
Friends Hyundai Accent Crdi Sucks After 75000 Km , The Engine Doent Last Longer That That So Keep Away From Used Crdi From Hyundai
Yours might be one off case. Maybe the car might have been abused vary badly. Usually, Hyundai service and their cars will have not problems usually upto 1.5L kms. Many people in this forum will vouch for this.
Old 27th January 2008, 00:36   #169
BHPian

I would stay away from used CRDIs that has run more than 60K. People sell off after 60K as the problems start mostly after this mileage.

Only if you know the person who owned the car and you are sure about how the car was maintained, then its worth to spend that much money on a used car.

I would stretch a little and go for a new car to have peace of mind.
Old 28th January 2008, 09:46   #170
BHPian

Stay away from >50k run used diesels; if a bigger boot is not a show stopper opt for a new Swift DDIS or a Getz CRDi
Old 28th January 2008, 18:03   #171
BHPian

Hello all ......... some advice needed here

Hi this is Varun, Pretty new to the Auto forum, felt very nice going through the pages here, got pretty in depth answers for some of my questions thanks to all... Basically im here for some tips and advice for buying a second hand car..my budget is 2.5-3L and im in the lookout for Palio or Indica (turbo) , Recently Automart quoted 3L for a Palio 1.9D ELX 2004 (white) is it a fair price???

2. Will i get a decent Palio 1.6GLX in my budget, nd will i be able to convert it to LPG without loosing much power, any inputs abt the installation cost. (I travel around 200-300kms per week on an average ) and is it a wise investment buying a 1.6GLX?
Old 30th January 2008, 12:05   #172
BHPian

Used Optra - advice requested

Hello,

I have come across an offer for an optra from andromeda. They have an Optra Royale 1.6 - Mar 2006, which has done 25317 kms. Externally has a few dents on the right as well as the left side. It is non octroi paid, and supposedly belongs to a doctor who has sold it off for a new merc. they are in possession of the car since Diwali, and havent sold it till then as their MD initially wanted to take the car as his own, but later decided against.

On taking a TD there was considerable noise, and the guy was saying that the left wheel bearing needs greasing, though I am sure that it had conked off, and would need replacement.

They are askin for 6.25 Lakhs, but it seems like they will come down to 5.5 lacs.

Can someone advice what price will be good, and what to check. I also have a doubt that the car might have gone into water logged area. How do i check for this any other problems that might be there in an optra.

Please advice
Old 4th February 2008, 00:01   #173
BHPian

How Much For This W124

MERCEDES BENZ E220 SALOON
YR OF MAKE : 1995
MILEAGE : 1,46,000 KM
MAINTENANCE HISTORY :company car maintained , very regular and prompt services done evry 4000km rather than 5000km .

vehicle is actually owned by dads company (not his own!! ... just where he works) and i know about as to how well its been maintained and looked after. We've had umpteen trips in the w124 , at least twice a month covering distances of 600-1000 km and rest of the times, its just local travel by visiting company execs.

problems : i know that the ECU conked off bout 4-5 yrs back . If it gives any indication as to what I'm talking about(if not the ECU) .... it costed bout 1.15 lacs to get it changed !!! thats the only gripe this car has had and believe it or not , ive never seen the company driver(same driver from new to present) floor the pedal to take it above 130kmph in the past 10 yrs.

considering the knowledge that this car has been maintained very well , im still concerned about long term nooks and crannies that a w124 may have after doing equivalent of 35 trips from kashmir to kanyakumari .

everything is stock ,no rattles , no squeaks , no screeches , no scratches!!.... well , the grey leather has lost its shine n looks matte now .

primary question....... HOW MUCH ???

Engine and transmission remarks ?
Performance remarks?
Reliability remarks?
Comfort and suspension remarks?
Dealer Service and standards in hyd ?
Running Costs ?

One thing particular i would like suggestions on is the potential for bolting on a LPG/Cng kit . and who are the leading retailers in hyd .

thanking you in advance
and hope to get as many owners feedbacks and "i ran away from a w124" kinda feedbacks too .

Note from mod: Please use this thread for used car price check, do not start new threads

Last edited by tsk1979 : 4th February 2008 at 11:13. Reason: Threads merged
Old 4th February 2008, 00:41   #174
Senior - BHPian

somewhere b/w 3 and 3.5
Old 4th February 2008, 08:35   #175
Team-BHP Support

Please do a search on this forum. Go to advanced search and plug in w124 or E220 and you will find a lot of your answers.

If the car is known and you can access is service history. Why not? Please budget for high expense replacements and also a source for genunine parts outside the official network and a competent mechanic
Old 4th February 2008, 10:11   #176

pls suggest a price

Hi
New to forum. Please suggest me a good price on which I see my accent viva pertrol. 40 K done. 5 alloy + 195 brand new typres. 100/130 lamps , fog lamps, Hella lapms, DVD screen, whooper, xplode speaker, Screen, stanly leather.

thanks
Raj
Old 4th February 2008, 11:11   #177
Senior - BHPian

I'd say around 3-3.25, thats all. considering u know the history of the car, the risk is less. Be prepared for bigg bills when something needs replacing. But regular maintenance should keep her running like a dream! But personally, im not a fan of 124s! i pefer 123s any day!!
Old 4th February 2008, 22:15   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
MERCEDES BENZ E220 SALOON
YR OF MAKE : 1995
MILEAGE : 1,46,000 KM
MAINTENANCE HISTORY :company car maintained , very regular and prompt services done evry 4000km rather than 5000km .

vehicle is actually owned by dads company (not his own!! ... just where he works) and i know about as to how well its been maintained and looked after. We've had umpteen trips in the w124 , at least twice a month covering distances of 600-1000 km and rest of the times, its just local travel by visiting company execs.

problems : i know that the ECU conked off bout 4-5 yrs back . If it gives any indication as to what I'm talking about(if not the ECU) .... it costed bout 1.15 lacs to get it changed !!! thats the only gripe this car has had and believe it or not , ive never seen the company driver(same driver from new to present) floor the pedal to take it above 130kmph in the past 10 yrs.

considering the knowledge that this car has been maintained very well , im still concerned about long term nooks and crannies that a w124 may have after doing equivalent of 35 trips from kashmir to kanyakumari .

everything is stock ,no rattles , no squeaks , no screeches , no scratches!!.... well , the grey leather has lost its shine n looks matte now .

primary question....... HOW MUCH ???

Engine and transmission remarks ?
Performance remarks?
Reliability remarks?
Comfort and suspension remarks?
Dealer Service and standards in hyd ?
Running Costs ?

One thing particular i would like suggestions on is the potential for bolting on a LPG/Cng kit . and who are the leading retailers in hyd .

thanking you in advance
and hope to get as many owners feedbacks and "i ran away from a w124" kinda feedbacks too .

Note from mod: Please use this thread for used car price check, do not start new threads

cheers for all the replies till now, a few of the replies have mentioned high maintenance and running cost , id like some feedback on the change in these costs after conversion and potential for CNG/LPG ?
Old 4th February 2008, 22:58   #179
Senior - BHPian

Hi, am looking at a second hand Alto in Bangalore, a 2005 model. Can anyone tell me what are good prices for an Alto LXi. Checked in carwale, prices are between 2,37,000 and 2,06,500. But I have never found the prices to be so cheap. Can someone who bought/sold his 2005 Alto recently LXi help?
Old 8th February 2008, 13:51   #180
Senior - BHPian

2004 wagon r price check

Hi all, a friend of mine wants to sell his 2004 Wagon R, it has done about 40,000 kms, has power steering, ac, remote central locking and a decent music system. It is pretty well maintained with regular services.
What price can he expect for it?
Thanks in advance

Most Viewed