Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 07:04   #1996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
How do you know it is only 50k genuine ? Is it from directly the owner ?

They'll clock the odometer backwards, as well as make the car 'appear' so good you will feel it is in excellent shape. Get it evaluated properly.

Nothing more than 80k is what I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Yeah, if its from a dealer there is a very high possibility of meter tampering..

50 K for a 13 year old car is quite rare. The 13 year old 800 that we have has clocked around 90K. That is when it has done a mere two thousand kms in last 3 years.

But still, low mileages on an old car are not a distinct possibility. Someone I know sold his 2006 Optra recently. It had clocked only 3200 (no this ain't a typo) kms. in last 6 years.

Anyways, SURESHKISHORE kindly get the car evaluated. It should give a fair idea about the real mileage of the car.
Thanks for your response.

The car is from the owner directly. The car has full dealer service history.

Owner Claims True Value quoted 1.05 lakh for the car on exchange with SX4. He is Firm on 1.15.

Got the vehicle checked by mechanic. Identified a Driveshaft noise, else the car is in great shape.

B.T.W I had picked up my '84 SS80 with Just 27000Kms on the Odo. Just about 1000kms driven yearly!

Last edited by sureshkishore : 30th June 2010 at 07:08.
Old 30th June 2010, 08:19   #1997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
No idea in terms of Bangalore, why dont you ask the Toyota people if they have a used division.
you can check at toyota Itrust in hosur road near bommanahalli junction.
They have plenty of options usually available for Innova and corolla/Altis.
Had a good experience buying my preowned Camry recently from them!
Old 30th June 2010, 15:12   #1998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzone View Post
Hmmm.. looks like the baleno and the ikon are both equally hard to maintain.

While I was looking around for a car in my price range, I found a 2000 model lancer, silver well maintained, but has run 150,000 kms. So thats the only thing I'm worried about. The asking price for it is 1.5 lakhs but I'll try to get it down to 1.4 or 1.45. Body wise it looks good (no accidents). So Is it a good buy? This one is a GLXi. I really am thinking of going for the car and got my eyes set on it. What should I look out for in the car?

About the accent, well I really don't fancy an accent very much, I don't really like that car so would not consider it even though its available.
Check for service history, find out if the belts were replaced before 100k, check if the clutch is fine, check if engine has back pressure(take out the dipstick when the car is still running and cover it with your palm and see if you can feel air blowing) and check for suspension and tyres

if all this is fine you can expect 2000 - 3000 Rs maintanance every year appart from the fuel charges.

Pramod
Old 30th June 2010, 15:50   #1999
Distinguished - BHPian

For your budget, if you are looking for a fun to drive car, I would suggest you go for a newer Ford IKON with a ROCAM engine. If you search well, you can get even a 2004-05 model with decent mileage and maintenance. If you are looking for solid reliability, go for the esteem. But the con is that it is very much outdated and lacks the snob value, space, comfort, driving pleasure, equipment(LX) of IKON.

The Baleno, for 1.5 lacs will definitely be a pain on your pocket.

One more thing I would like you to know is that IKON spares are now far more cheaper than the past. The prices have really come down. Some people only think that they are costly. Check this OUT. http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Bl...=max-age=86400 (Well, the esteem is still cheaper) . The IKON parts are also easily avaialble unlike the baleno/esteem. These two models are out of production.

IMO opinion go for a good IKON. You can get a 03-05 model for this price. The esteem is also a good option if you are looking "only" for value, but then the resale of esteem is higher than the IKON and hence prices would be up.
Old 30th June 2010, 20:33   #2000
BHPian

FYI guys. A deal that happened yesterday.

A friend's May 2007 Honda S-AT, Mumbai. 31k on the Odo - sold to used car dealer at 6.75 lacs. The dealer was willing to pay 6.5 lacs, negotiated upwards. Excellent condition. Waxed/Polished every 6 months. Minor scratches in the front bumper.
Old 30th June 2010, 20:46   #2001
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
FYI guys. A deal that happened yesterday.

A friend's May 2007 Honda S-AT, Mumbai. 31k on the Odo - sold to used car dealer at 6.75 lacs. The dealer was willing to pay 6.5 lacs, negotiated upwards. Excellent condition. Waxed/Polished every 6 months. Minor scratches in the front bumper.
May 2007 S-AT ?

IMHO you mean GXI CVT or you mean some other Month and year perhaps?
Old 1st July 2010, 16:49   #2002
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine is looking for a car, and we have located a used Lancer with another friend (full option, Petrol, Bangalore).

The car is golden beige color, and is in good condition and maintained well. The tires are new, and there is no accident history.
The car has done 1.34L km till now, and he is the third owner.

The owner loves to drive, and have done many long drives - he has been using this car for 4 years, and most of the miles the car have done, have been accumulated under him.

The asking price is 1.80L. Is it a good deal?
We will be negotiating with him this weekend - any inputs will be much appreciated.

Last edited by theexperthand : 1st July 2010 at 16:51.
Old 1st July 2010, 20:04   #2003
evo
BHPian

Third owner? Stay away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
The car has done 1.34L km till now, and he is the third owner.
Your friend will be the fourth owner. Are you really sure you want to do this?

Its not like its a Landie or some old 80's Mercedes that buying such a car is justified.

Shouldnt be difficult to find a First Owner Lancer with equal or less mileage.

Last edited by evo : 1st July 2010 at 20:12.
Old 2nd July 2010, 01:14   #2004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Check the current/original OTR price for the model and knock off around one-third from that and you should get a ballpark price figure. Even though Innova is a good vehicle, I think 8.25 is too steep a ask for a 2007 model that has done >50k kms even in Bangalore. In addition the insurance is about to lapse as well (2 months is next to nothing) and will cost you another 15-17k.
Just curious that your formula gives ~10 Lakhs or so given that OTR of a new Innova is about INR 14.7 lakhs in Bangalore and you suggested to reduce 1/3 of the price for gettting a ballpark figure.

I believe that 8.25 lakhs is not too bad for a V model that has been maintained well. 50k is not a big mileage for Innova.
Old 2nd July 2010, 01:27   #2005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
May 2007 S-AT ?

IMHO you mean GXI CVT or you mean some other Month and year perhaps?
I think a Civic AT is being referred to in that post. If thats true, then these dealers make an absolute killing.
Old 2nd July 2010, 16:11   #2006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
Just curious that your formula gives ~10 Lakhs or so given that OTR of a new Innova is about INR 14.7 lakhs in Bangalore and you suggested to reduce 1/3 of the price for gettting a ballpark figure.

I believe that 8.25 lakhs is not too bad for a V model that has been maintained well. 50k is not a big mileage for Innova.
You are mentioning the price of the top-most model in Innova's range (2.5 VX Diesel with a BS IV compliant engine) - and even then 14.7L looks steep even after considering the approx. 15% road tax in Bangalore.

Innova retails all the way up from 9.5L to 14 odd lakhs. So if the model in question was indeed bought for around 15L - I would still stand by my earlier remark about knocking off 1/3rd value. In that case if the person in question is getting it for 8.2l then it is a good deal (in fact too good a deal since I do not believe that a Toyota diesel can lose approx 50% of its value in 3 years).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
I think a Civic AT is being referred to in that post. If thats true, then these dealers make an absolute killing.
Civic only has S MT (no AT in S). It has a V AT though. OTOH there was no NHC S AT either so we really don't know what this is all about
Old 2nd July 2010, 16:25   #2007
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post

Civic only has S MT (no AT in S). It has a V AT though. OTOH there was no NHC S AT either so we really don't know what this is all about
Older Civics came in the S AT version, now no longer.
Old 2nd July 2010, 16:40   #2008
BHPian

Quote:
Older Civics came in the S AT version, now no longer.
Then that is definitely news to me. We bought a Civic S MT in May'08 and had specifically enquired about a AT. Were told the AT only came in the V trim and was 3L+ more than the S MT.
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:05   #2009
BHPian

Corolla Altis 2008-09 for 10.6 L - good buy?

Folks,

I had an option to buy a Corolla Altis G (well loaded, with parking sensors and sun film extra). Its a 2008 model, registered in 2009. Done 9000 kms in a year, owned by Toyota Motors for its visiting 'diginitaries' and being sold by Nandi Toyota used car division. Car looks quite immaculate, and drives sweetly.

Would people think this is a good buy?

I have some other very interesting updates to share on my experience with Nandi Toyota's used car showroom, but will wait to share that later.
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:10   #2010
BHPian

A friend of mine got a Honda Civic AT 2006 OCT 47000 Kms for Rs.6.5L. Looks to be in excellent condition. Is this price good?.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks