Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2010, 18:57   #2146
BHPian

Seeing some Mondeo's for 2.5-3 L, I was wondering how much the spare parts of Mondeo's actually cost since it is quite the white elephant.

Which parts are known to fail easily? Owner's advice.
Old 15th August 2010, 20:28   #2147
BHPian

SMK ,
see if you can get it down by another 30K , are you seeing this with a agent or on your own .something aroung 4 to 4.10 would be the right price in bangalore , and another 5K if it has good tyres
Old 15th August 2010, 23:29   #2148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
Seeing some Mondeo's for 2.5-3 L, I was wondering how much the spare parts of Mondeo's actually cost since it is quite the white elephant.

Which parts are known to fail easily? Owner's advice.
the door of mondeo is costlier than merc E class.and replacing music systym at authorised dealer will cost you around 60k
Old 16th August 2010, 06:15   #2149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
the door of mondeo is costlier than merc E class.and replacing music systym at authorised dealer will cost you around 60k
Hmm, is it any cheaper if one was to import the spares themselves?
Old 16th August 2010, 13:31   #2150
BHPian

Need help with this..
Planning to check out a used Punto 1.3 Emotion Pk - 1 Yr old. How much should I ask for?
Old 16th August 2010, 22:41   #2151
BHPian

Quote:
The asking price is high. I picked up a GTX 2 years ago with a similar running for almost a 1L less and it was in decent condition.

Test drives and Inspections with competent mechanics are a must with this car since it is rare to find one in good condition.
Thank you JVH. I can expect to find a Palio GTX in the vicinity of 1 lac then.
Old 17th August 2010, 07:40   #2152
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neur0t0xin View Post
Thank you JVH. I can expect to find a Palio GTX in the vicinity of 1 lac then.
You can stretch it slightly to 1.3 to 1.4L max if the car is in very good condition. But while evaluating, you should also consider the repair costs and the servicing costs at the odo reading. For ex @ 60K kms, the car will have to undergo all the belts change, suspension check-up, throttle body cleaning et al. @ 80k kms, another major service overhaul will have to be taken up. This is as per the Palio user manual. So, suppose if you close a deal @ 1.2 L, keep aside 20-30k for extra repair and conditioning work. Of course it may not require all of that amount but best is to keep aside purely for the immediate post purchase of the car.

Having said that, the GTX/S10 sometimes enjoys exclusivity since it is one the rare hatches which houses a 1.6 ltr 100 BHP engine. So, finding one withing budget and in good condition is always a challenge. All the best!
Old 17th August 2010, 10:32   #2153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Need help with this..
Planning to check out a used Punto 1.3 Emotion Pk - 1 Yr old. How much should I ask for?
Can someone please help me with this?
Old 17th August 2010, 11:18   #2154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Can someone please help me with this?
I wouldn't give more than 3.5L. I am not sure of the market rates but generally Fiats have a bad resale value.
Old 17th August 2010, 11:39   #2155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I wouldn't give more than 3.5L. I am not sure of the market rates but generally Fiats have a bad resale value.

I agree that the resale value of some cars eg. Tata/Fiat are really bad as compared to Maruti etc. However 3.5L is very less.

I have an 2006 Indica Turbo which I plan to exchange with a new Vista or a Punto. The price quoted by Tata dealers is very bad as compared to the price quoted by Mahindra dealers incase I exchange with their vehicle.

I donot understand why? Tata themselves devaluate their cars so badly.
Old 17th August 2010, 12:02   #2156
BHPian

What would be the price of a 2 year old 25K done Hyundai Getz CRDI ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th August 2010, 12:23   #2157
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
I agree that the resale value of some cars eg. Tata/Fiat are really bad as compared to Maruti etc. However 3.5L is very less.

I have an 2006 Indica Turbo which I plan to exchange with a new Vista or a Punto. The price quoted by Tata dealers is very bad as compared to the price quoted by Mahindra dealers incase I exchange with their vehicle.

I donot understand why? Tata themselves devaluate their cars so badly.

Thank you both for your responses. The current OR price in bangalore is 7.7L. it has another 3yrs warranty valid + some some accessories (sun film..). Would you still say around 3.5 L?
Old 17th August 2010, 12:41   #2158
BHPian

sbkumar,

If the car is a non abused car & in good condition, 5.0-5.5L should be a good price. It all depends on how desperate the seller is to sell & how desperate you want to buy. If its a good car just negotiate & buy it.
Old 17th August 2010, 13:09   #2159
BHPian

What would be the cost of Feb 2004 Indica V2 DLS (Non Turbo, Power steering and AC only), 125000 KM Driven, dents all around the car. All the servicing done at TASS with full record available.
Old 17th August 2010, 13:41   #2160
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
sbkumar,

If the car is a non abused car & in good condition, 5.0-5.5L should be a good price. It all depends on how desperate the seller is to sell & how desperate you want to buy. If its a good car just negotiate & buy it.
Thanks Kiren. I am not so desperate, I was planning to go for a new emotion as that is the absolute max I can stretch my budget and the only reason I was doing it was to get the ABS. Now since Emotion Pk one comes with ABS and Airbags I thought it would be a good deal. Couple of websites I checked put the price around 5.7L. The seller is asking for 6.5, not sure how much he would come down. Anyway, thanks for your input.

Most Viewed