Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2010, 00:38   #2386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGekko View Post
Guys, what should be the price for a w124 300ce (coupe) in poor, good and mint condition?

Any useful inputs would be appreciated.

p.s. if you guys know of someone selling one, kindly pm me.
Guys, just to add to my above queries (which are unanswered btw);

1.What would a CLS 320,350 or 500 go for and are there any major issues with these cars?

2. What would a late 80s, early 90s 911 go for? availability/condition etc.

Any genuine inputs would be useful

Thanks

GG
Old 31st October 2010, 20:43   #2387
BHPian

Hi Guys
I was looking for a fun-to-drive, pre-worshipped car options today in Mumbai and came across following options:

Fiat Punto 1.4 Emotion Oct-09 12K Kms
The car was in good condition with a small dent on c-pillar. The asking price is 5L on road, I tried to negotiate further and will be getting response in a day or two.

Civic 1.8VMT Oct-07 49K kms
The car was in excellent condition and asking price was 8L.

Verna CRDi 2007 41K kms
The expected price was 5.75 and further reduced to 5.6, the car is well maintained with complete service history.

Guys, What do you think about the prices about these cars.
I am looking for a car for highway usage (plan to do lot of long trips ) and I am not too sure if I will keep the car for long time because I may have to relocate soon to a differnt location.

Appreciate your help.

DJ
Old 31st October 2010, 22:38   #2388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
I have been hunting for a ZEN for almost a month now and yet to find one.
Either they have high mileage or quoted way beyond market rates.

Any leads?
I was in the same situation as you are in for the past 2 months. I was buying my first car and had a budget of 1.5L. I'm in Pune though and like you i too was looking for a Zen. The prices quoted are crazy, and i let quite a few good cars go.

I finally found a good one at Maruti True Value as a collegue knew someone there, so he called me as soon as the vehicle came. Nov 2004 red Zen Lxi, done 55k. I paid 1.9L. It is on the higher side, but the maruti guys have done a great job at doing up the car (including denting & painting), and you get 1 year warranty as well. True value outlets are the best place for used maruti's.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 31st October 2010 at 22:44.
Old 1st November 2010, 00:05   #2389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_turbo View Post
I was looking for a fun-to-drive, pre-worshipped car options today in Mumbai

Verna CRDi 2007 41K kms

DJ
. If the idea of fun for you is throwing the car around corners, then stay away from the Verna. It handles like a boat, no fun at all. but then, if you love the surge of torque, then Verna might impress you.

If it were me, I would go for the Civic, even though it might make my pockets a bit lighter. Its worth it!.

The prices look OK.

Last edited by dhanushs : 1st November 2010 at 00:11.
Old 1st November 2010, 08:33   #2390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Neil, since you have already seen the service history of the car, just do a TD and get a feel of the car. So 5.5L would be a good price. Enjoy and Happy buying
I think the seller got wise and increased the price unreasonably. Now he doesn't want to sell it to me at the original quoted price. Just my bad luck I guess. Now to keep searching for some pre loved, low mileage cars.
Old 1st November 2010, 10:05   #2391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Nov 2004 red Zen Lxi, done 55k. I paid 1.9L. It is on the higher side, but the maruti guys have done a great job at doing up the car (including denting & painting), and you get 1 year warranty as well. True value outlets are the best place for used maruti's.
Lucky you.. Look at a similar car in Bangalore:
2004 Zen LXI, 59kkms is quoted 2.35 lakhs by TrueValue.
Old 1st November 2010, 10:32   #2392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Lucky you.. Look at a similar car in Bangalore:
2004 Zen LXI, 59kkms is quoted 2.35 lakhs by TrueValue.
Wow, this must be the bangalore effect. The killer taxes effect in the used car market , but still 2.35 is quite high.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 1st November 2010 at 10:33.
Old 1st November 2010, 11:21   #2393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
If it were me, I would go for the Civic, even though it might make my pockets a bit lighter. Its worth it!.

The prices look OK.
Thanks for your reply.
I will try to find a Civic with lesser mileage or will ask for lesser price and I was seeing similar examples with lesser mileage at this very price.

DJ
Old 1st November 2010, 13:01   #2394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Fiat Punto 1.4 Emotion Oct-09 12K Kms

Civic 1.8VMT Oct-07 49K kms

Verna CRDi 2007 41K kms
The best bet among this is Civic V MT !! You can hunt for low mileage cars with less/ same price range. By the way what is your monthly running? If its 2000 km + per month , then you may opt for a diesel sedan!
Old 1st November 2010, 13:26   #2395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Wow, this must be the bangalore effect. The killer taxes effect in the used car market , but still 2.35 is quite high.
Even this is sold now. (Was available till this morning).

No wonder why prices in Bangalore are so high. People are ready to pay any price.
Old 1st November 2010, 13:42   #2396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
By the way what is your monthly running? If its 2000 km + per month , then you may opt for a diesel sedan!
Hi Karan
Thanks for your response. Monthly running would be around 1200 Kms.

DJ
Old 1st November 2010, 19:25   #2397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Karan
Thanks for your response. Monthly running would be around 1200 Kms.

DJ
Then its better you go for a *pre worshipped Civic*. There are numerous threads on them. All the best with your hunt
Old 1st November 2010, 20:21   #2398
AVR
BHPian

2006 Hyundai Tucson

Guys,

Have checked out a '05 or '06 (can't recall) Tucson with 46k on the Odo. Its with a dealer in Ahmedabad and he's quoting 7.5. It has a Rajasthan registration and dealer says was used by the family to commute between Jodhpur and Ahmedabad (~400 KM). I doubt if the odo is accurate. Its fitted with 235/75R15 tyres. Front suspension the coil springs are being replaced by the dealer as part of the deal. Body line looks good. Has new black painted bumpers which could be done recently for the sale or it has been part of a bigger accident though the body color looks original (not freshly painted)

Now my queries:
1) Would 6-6.5 be a good number to quote?
2) Have my doubts about the odo reading. Any way of verifying if its fiddled with?

Alternates in the same price include a '08 Safari VX and a couple of Innovas.

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Adi
Old 2nd November 2010, 19:51   #2399
GTO
Team-BHP Support

AVR, a 4 year old Tucson with 46K on the odo is a good deal even at 7.5 lakhs! It may have been a market failure, yet is a heck of a soft-roader nevertheless. Good reliability, punchy diesel, very balanced ride & handling and decent space inside. Remember, it's a vehicle that cost 18 lakhs when new.

Of course, you need to get it thoroughly checked up by a Hyundai dealer (obviously not the same who's shown you the car). If its clean, make him an offer of 6.5 and bring her home for the lowest that he's willing to go.

I'm not aware of your cost of transfer from RJ -> GJ plates, so you would factor that into your budget. Good luck.
Old 2nd November 2010, 19:56   #2400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Guys need some help. One of my relatives is planning to sell his almost brand new Corolla Altis (J) base model, bought around April - May 2009. Its not done over 5K kms and is hardly used. He uses his other cars and wants to sell this one off as it is just blocking space.

What kind of price should he expect? if I decide to buy it what would be a reasonable quote? I dont want him to incur a loss , (well,maybe a reasonably small one)

Would love to get this pre worshipped one if I get a good deal.
Anyone ?? Please help as even carwale doesnt list used Corolla prices in the selling price check section? I think 8L should be a good deal, please confirm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks