Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2010, 08:29   #2521
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
I recently Sold my Zen Vxi (2004 registered) to Tata Assure for 2.3 lakhs with 90K on the ODO !!!
(Maruti True value offered 2.1 Lakhs)
That's a great deal harish!
Another example to showcase the demand for Zen.
Old 17th December 2010, 18:07   #2522
BHPian

Hello all,

I am looking for an Auto Trx i10 preferably from maharashtra no more than 2-3 yrs old.
Since I stay close to karnataka border, i have no problems picking up from Karnataka either.

Can someone guide me abt prices for sportz and Magna variants for similar models that can be considered good to buy?

Many thnx.
Old 17th December 2010, 21:41   #2523
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
...infact only 3 Free Services done
Isn't the service schedule every 6 months, irrespective of kms run?.
Old 18th December 2010, 09:42   #2524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
First, take a good mechanic and get it checked thoroughly. Keep a buffer on the expenses you need to incur to get it in good working condition, if there are any issues with it. Also you need to consider service & spares cost, in the long run
And bargain hard, you can call the shots as this is not a car that is going to sell off very quickly, so the dealer will negotiate for selling it quickly, upkeeping such cars will cost him as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
In that case buy an M800 or something similar for that kind of money. Selling an Astra a few months later would be one of the greatest challenges of your life.
Thanks Spectre and Deeps, i decided i'm better off without a white elephant in 4 -5 months! Though carwale.com was giving me a valuation of 50k for a well maintained 1997 astra dealer price and i was gonna stick to that when i bargained. But still looking around for an m800. what else can i get for 50k?

I also need this 2nd car to give my wife a bit of practice and a hang of driving on Pune roads, She doesn't want to take our i10 - since its a new car - and doesn't want to scratch or dent it!

Suggestions required and if anyone knows of any good condition vehicle going for such a rate, please let me know.
Old 18th December 2010, 15:45   #2525
BHPian

Guys, I have listed my 2006 Skoda Laura L&K for sale in the T-BHP classifieds and a number of other places, I've been very realistic with the prices and the car has been maintained quite well. Here is the conundrum I am in, let alone sell the car, I'm not even getting anyone inquiring about the car.

Any solutions?
Old 20th December 2010, 09:43   #2526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Isn't the service schedule every 6 months, irrespective of kms run?.
Yes. The Service schedule is every 6 months, all the 3 Services are done as per schedule.

For the 4th Paid service, i am planning to do it in January-2011. Not getting enough time to take the car to MASC. I keep travelling a lot.
Old 20th December 2010, 16:05   #2527
BHPian

Just got a 2007/2008 Hyundai Verna Diesel Top end model (without ABS)
run 42000 km for Rs. 5,50,000 approx.
Excellent Condition Car.

Hope this helps anyone else looking to buy or sell a used Verna.
Old 20th December 2010, 16:57   #2528
BHPian

Hey guys waht can be the price given to a 2006(jan) ZEN LXi. Done just 39,500Km.
The vehicle is Well maintained. The interiors are as good as new. Its having anti-glare film on the windshield, Also the Speakers are of JBL, the sound quality is good.
In the exterior part both the bumpers are having minor scratches on them. Rest the car is excellent. The service history is in detail and is clean.

Can you guys please suggest me a good buying price?
Old 20th December 2010, 17:11   #2529
BHPian

What are thumb rules of evaluating cars!

Hello all,

I was wondering if there are any thumb rules of evaluating preowned car prices.
The condition and etc have to be acceptable in first place to proceed to next step of evaluating the prices.
Is it more based on ODO or on Yr of Mfg/Registration? Can the price be correlated to IDV as in the policy or any other thing as such?

As earlier mentioned I am looking for an automatic preowned 2-3 yrs old i10. I am getting on an average 5 alerts a day from Gaadi.com and Carwale.com. Howeverprices demanded are not in ilne. I hope there will be some room for negotiations. The recent one was top end 2 yrs old for 5.5L. That is bit overpriced as I feel 4-4.2L should be fair price. Or is it that i10 usually retain more resale value than other hatchbacks? Since i10 ATs heard to be delivering abysmal FE I was thinking that their resale w'd be too bad.
I am taking time and using internet on ships to do some search so that when I return, I would take minimum days to finalize the deal. Hence Pls guide me with your understanding of used car market.

Rgds.
Old 20th December 2010, 17:20   #2530
BHPian

Hi guys, how much will a Ford Fiesta Zxi 1.6 2007 February model cost?
Old 20th December 2010, 21:52   #2531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
Guys, I have listed my 2006 Skoda Laura L&K for sale in the T-BHP classifieds and a number of other places, I've been very realistic with the prices and the car has been maintained quite well. Here is the conundrum I am in, let alone sell the car, I'm not even getting anyone inquiring about the car.

Any solutions?
Sorry duke, I am one of the culprits, though not in your case! As expected, word seems to have gotten around about the Skoda experiences and nobody seems willing to consider one. I am looking for a new/ used car too, and have had at least 2 enquiries from Skoda owners looking to sell. I have responded to them, but one of them also SMSed me for my response. His words were 'log toh jawaab bhi nahi detey hai'. I hope this doesnt remain the case with owners who have cared for their cars so well. Unfortunately, I would not want to be the one risking it either!
Old 20th December 2010, 22:03   #2532
Senior - BHPian

What can I expect for a Chennai registered 2006 Alto Lxi black, 40000kms, with approved BRC gas kit? Small dents on the body, but well maintained mechanicals and interiors, new Michelins tyres.
Old 20th December 2010, 22:06   #2533
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
What can I expect for a Chennai registered 2006 Alto Lxi black, 40000kms, with approved BRC gas kit? Small dents on the body, but well maintained mechanicals and interiors, new Michelins tyres.
i think 2-2.25 will be the price range for this alto

btw are you selling or buying
Old 20th December 2010, 22:19   #2534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
i think 2-2.25 will be the price range for this alto

btw are you selling or buying
Selling. I thought it will be lesser. I just checked around and indeed yes, thats the asking price.
Old 20th December 2010, 22:29   #2535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenxer View Post
Hey guys waht can be the price given to a 2006(jan) ZEN LXi. Done just 39,500Km.
The vehicle is Well maintained. The interiors are as good as new. Its having anti-glare film on the windshield, Also the Speakers are of JBL, the sound quality is good.
In the exterior part both the bumpers are having minor scratches on them. Rest the car is excellent. The service history is in detail and is clean.

Can you guys please suggest me a good buying price?
To give you an idea, i just got a nov 2004 Zen Lxi done 50k for around 1.9L from Maruti True Value in Pune. Since yours is a 2006 model and done only 40k, you can expect around 2.2 and if in a very good condition maybe upto 2.35. Zen's have great resale from what i have seen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks