Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2011, 10:29   #2731
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
Could someone help me with this?

Prajwal
When I was out hunting for a used AT, I found the following prices in Delhi :

1. Santro AT 2007 : 2.75 Lakhs
2. i10 Asta AT 2008 : 4.5 Lakhs (???!!!)

These prices could go down by another 30k odd , but, used AT's sell at a premium to normal transmission when you are the buyer and sell at low prices when you are the seller.

A Santro AT at 2.75 is a fair deal, but it has crude interiors and I would suggest stretching your budget a bit and going for a used i10 AT if you get a reasonable option.
Old 15th February 2011, 11:02   #2732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
Could someone help me with this?

Prajwal
premium for being an AT included, its too much by about 30-45k for bangalore!!

Individual selling it?
Then its probably his perceived value.

Yes, Hyundai *** will be able to check reasonably well.
But do,DO, get a 2nd , as well as 3rd opinion fro mindependent mechanics(ie, not ones recommended by the seller.)
Old 15th February 2011, 11:36   #2733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Probably you are not aware about prices in Bangalore. Forget about AT, you won't even get an MT in Bangalore for that price.

So please stop giving false figures to others.

@prajwalkashyap-Price seems just fine. If you are able to get it down for more 10-15K, would be a "good" deal.
Old 15th February 2011, 11:51   #2734
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Probably you are not aware about prices in Bangalore. Forget about AT, you won't even get an MT in Bangalore for that price.

@prajwalkashyap-Price seems just fine. If you are able to get it down for more 10-15K, would be a "good" deal.
well, you seem to be better informed, but i was just quoting figures from carwale,which has been accurate for one car bought in delhi, and one in bangalore for me.so, , cheers.
Old 15th February 2011, 14:01   #2735
BHPian

Quote:

Individual selling it?
Then its probably his perceived value.

Yes, Hyundai *** will be able to check reasonably well.
But do,DO, get a 2nd , as well as 3rd opinion fro mindependent mechanics(ie, not ones recommended by the seller.)
Its a dealer selling the car. The quoted price includes his margin which I felt is still a little high. I will have to scout for a reliable mechanic and take his opinion as well. Is veriCAR still alive? Their website seems to be working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post

There is room for negotiation, I will try and get it down by 20K or so. the dealer himself said "3.25 lakhs but negotiable".

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
When I was out hunting for a used AT, I found the following prices in Delhi :

1. Santro AT 2007 : 2.75 Lakhs
2. i10 Asta AT 2008 : 4.5 Lakhs (???!!!)

These prices could go down by another 30k odd , but, used AT's sell at a premium to normal transmission when you are the buyer and sell at low prices when you are the seller.

A Santro AT at 2.75 is a fair deal, but it has crude interiors and I would suggest stretching your budget a bit and going for a used i10 AT if you get a reasonable option.
I agree with you about the crude interiors, but this is only temporary, as my mom want a couple of years to get used to driving an Auto, and then move to a new car. Don't want to risk banging up a new car during the learning phase. So that's the plan.

Quote:
well, you seem to be better informed, but i was just quoting figures from carwale,which has been accurate for one car bought in delhi, and one in bangalore for me.so, , cheers.
I was taking carwale's estimate as well, but I do not want to take it as absolute verdict. They seem pretty accurate though.

I was busy last weekend, but I will be going to the dealer with my mech this weekend and also see if Hyundai's can certify the car for me.

I will keep u guys updated.

Prajwal

Last edited by prajwalkashyap : 15th February 2011 at 14:02.
Old 15th February 2011, 17:10   #2736

Looking to sell my Sep 2008 Delhi-registration Silver CRV 2.4 AT (Top-end); done merely 14K kms being the second car; pristine condition... Any ideas for how much it will go for (there's just too much variation in the prices quoted by dealers checked in the last 1 week - making me nervous as to their intentions!)?
Old 15th February 2011, 22:11   #2737
BHPian

^^ IMO it should go for around 17-18L. Dealers will quote arbitrary prices depending on their own situation. Try selling to a dealer who deals in premium cars.
Old 16th February 2011, 10:44   #2738
BHPian

Dear All,

I cannot say whether Iam writing this in a sense of dilemma, Iam just back after driving a used Safari Petrol Exi (YES YOU READ RIGHT ITS PETROL), Jan 2005, perfectly mint condition done only 39000 Kms( no wonder seeing the petrol prices), black colour, single owner in Bangalore. He is quoting Rs. 375000 which seems too high for me.

Now i will give a background of my requirements and findings which has to be debated:

1. Any vehicle I buy now will be my second car and I need a 7 seater
2. Innova is the safe and best option BUT my financial constraints does not allow me to buy a used Innova in the bracket above 6 lacs. Innovas are quoted close to 7 in Bangalore( above 2005 models)
3. My usage is very minimal. My first car (used Palio) has done only 8000 kms in two and a half years.
4. Its very difficult to get an SUV with such a low running and in great condition.

Now my questions are:

1. Considering my requirements and budget, this appears to be a good choice for me. What you people feel?
2. Spareparts for Safari petrol is easily available with Bangalore dealers? Except engine and other techinical parts, body related parts look same and shared with dicor? Am I correct
3. Most importantly if Iam going for this, what should be the price?

Looking forward for lightning responses as always.
Old 16th February 2011, 11:02   #2739
BHPian

Hi Arvind,

first of all, Safari is not a true 7-seater. If you have a budget of 6L, I would recommend to you to go for Xylo with D2 engine. It would cost you little over 6L, but trust me it surely will bring smile on your face. Also, this is diesel and your daily running costs will be much cheaper than the petrol options. Above all it is a true 7-seater.

Cheers,
Rajesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravindpn View Post
Dear All,

I cannot say whether Iam writing this in a sense of dilemma, Iam just back after driving a used Safari Petrol Exi (YES YOU READ RIGHT ITS PETROL), Jan 2005, perfectly mint condition done only 39000 Kms( no wonder seeing the petrol prices), black colour, single owner in Bangalore. He is quoting Rs. 375000 which seems too high for me.

Now i will give a background of my requirements and findings which has to be debated:

1. Any vehicle I buy now will be my second car and I need a 7 seater
2. Innova is the safe and best option BUT my financial constraints does not allow me to buy a used Innova in the bracket above 6 lacs. Innovas are quoted close to 7 in Bangalore( above 2005 models)
3. My usage is very minimal. My first car (used Palio) has done only 8000 kms in two and a half years.
4. Its very difficult to get an SUV with such a low running and in great condition.

Now my questions are:

1. Considering my requirements and budget, this appears to be a good choice for me. What you people feel?
2. Spareparts for Safari petrol is easily available with Bangalore dealers? Except engine and other techinical parts, body related parts look same and shared with dicor? Am I correct
3. Most importantly if Iam going for this, what should be the price?

Looking forward for lightning responses as always.
Old 16th February 2011, 11:08   #2740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Hi Arvind,

first of all, Safari is not a true 7-seater. If you have a budget of 6L, I would recommend to you to go for Xylo with D2 engine. It would cost you little over 6L, but trust me it surely will bring smile on your face. Also, this is diesel and your daily running costs will be much cheaper than the petrol options. Above all it is a true 7-seater.

Cheers,
Rajesh
Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the inputs. The real issue is economical aspects only and I have a budget of 3.5 to 4 lacs only(streched). If 6 lacs was available I would have comfortably bought an Innova. What do you feel about the price of Rs. 375000 quoted for safari petrol? How much should be the ideal price?

Regards
Aravind
Old 16th February 2011, 11:21   #2741
BHPian

Arvind,

Am not sure how good the Exi is in terms of maintenance and running costs, besides I have seen only handful people who had bought this vehicle. Maybe the experts here can give more info on this. If this is not an urgent requirement, why dont you try at other places, if you are lucky you might get something like this.
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...a/Safari.html/

Also, you could get some decent Scorpios for 4L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravindpn View Post
Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the inputs. The real issue is economical aspects only and I have a budget of 3.5 to 4 lacs only(streched). If 6 lacs was available I would have comfortably bought an Innova. What do you feel about the price of Rs. 375000 quoted for safari petrol? How much should be the ideal price?

Regards
Aravind
Old 16th February 2011, 16:41   #2742
BHPian

Dear All,
I have been searching for Ford Endeavours in Delhi. Have come across a 2008 4x2 tdci which has done 54,000 km. The price quoted by the dealer is 11-11.5L. He has agreed to a complete check up from a Ford Dealership. Now my estimation is that the price should be 9.5 - 10L. Is that the right price? Will need to close the deal this evening so an early input would be appreciated.
Old 16th February 2011, 18:51   #2743
BHPian

^^ I think 10L is a fair price for the vehicle under consideration. However if everything is top notch (read new tyres, insurance not due for at least another 6-8 months, no repairs needed) then you can pay another 30-35k. A year ago 10L would have been almost an upper bound but the new regime of road taxes in Delhi would have added at least 60-70k to the on-road price of the Endy. Nevertheless 11.5L is still a bit on the higher side. Sit with cash and the dealer should most definitely knock off at least 50k of his quote.

Last edited by Cesc : 16th February 2011 at 18:54.
Old 17th February 2011, 08:30   #2744
BHPian

Hi Guys

My friend wants to buy a 2006 model Hyundai Elantra GLS petrol variant.The cars run 46k kms.My friend would be using the car max for 8-12 mths.The asking price was 2.7 lakhs and the owner is willing to settle at 2.6 lakhs.

As the resale value of this car is poor, can he expect to sell this car at atleast 2 lakhs after a couple of months and mainly is the elantra worth a buy at this price?

Thanks!
Old 17th February 2011, 13:14   #2745
BHPian

hey guys!
Came with my friend to see a elantra.saw a white fiesta.its a 2006 august exi petrol model.the car is in with condition with 39k on the odo.the price quoted was 3.4 lakhs but negotiated to 2.9 plus insurance as the insurance is getting expired today.so the price is three lakhs.its a white fiesta.
Could someone pls tell me if the price is fine as i would like to finalise it.

Most Viewed