Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2011, 13:40   #2761
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Personally, if I were in your shoes, I'd pay no more than 2.5 lakh. Only if bargaining for Rs 2 lakh don't work out. You are probably the only prospective buyer he has. SPEEDY.RACER bought his accessorized 2006 Dicor VX last year for a little under Rs 4 lakh. So, you'd be better of bargaining on a '6-'7 Dicor if your budget is 3.5-4 lakh.
Yes Arkin, I also have similiar prices in my mind. Will meet the owner again this week. Will keep the link updated about developments.
Old 21st February 2011, 14:40   #2762
BHPian

Hi Guys

Saw a Honda Jazz today.Its a 2009 model with 20k on odo.The colour is the kind of electric blue.
The car is being sold by the second owner.The dealer said this car was bought right in the starting when Jazz was introduced in the markets and had waiting period and the first owner supposedly gave his allotment of car to the second owner who registered it in his name only in july 2010 and the second owner has been using the car all along!The second owner is now going abroad so selling the car.
The asking price is 5.5 negotiable to 5.35.
Is the price ok for a third owner guys?
Old 21st February 2011, 16:12   #2763
BHPian

@rajinibm - I suppose this is the car with a dealer in T.Nagar. I saw this ad in Hindu Classifieds and was sort of interested in checking it out. Did you get chance to go and look at the car? I would say 5.35 is worth if the car is in good condition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
Hi Guys

Saw a Honda Jazz today.Its a 2009 model with 20k on odo.The colour is the kind of electric blue.
The car is being sold by the second owner.The dealer said this car was bought right in the starting when Jazz was introduced in the markets and had waiting period and the first owner supposedly gave his allotment of car to the second owner who registered it in his name only in july 2010 and the second owner has been using the car all along!The second owner is now going abroad so selling the car.
The asking price is 5.5 negotiable to 5.35.
Is the price ok for a third owner guys?
Old 21st February 2011, 16:26   #2764
BHPian

OT:
rajinibm,

I suppose you were using the Punto for sometime, did you sell it by any chance?
Old 21st February 2011, 21:06   #2765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
@rajinibm - I suppose this is the car with a dealer in T.Nagar. I saw this ad in Hindu Classifieds and was sort of interested in checking it out. Did you get chance to go and look at the car? I would say 5.35 is worth if the car is in good condition!
Yes you are right!This car is from the same ad.

I drove the car today morning and the car seemed to be in good condition with 20k on odo.

5.35 is a good price as I have seen Jazz of same period being quoted at 6.5 at Honda Auto Terrace pre-owned cars.

I was only thinking about the third owner factor plus 2% commission to the dealer which comes to around 10.7k would make the total cost at 5.46 lakhs.

I also saw a Hyundai I20 Asta with 20k on odo.2010 model,white-dealer quoted 5.3 but was willing to sell at close to 5.1 lakhs.

Finding buying a pre-owned car not so easy as taking the last step to finalise a car a little hesitant with thoughts of the car condition etc coming to the mind often.Hmmm need to take this one step and see how it goes soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
OT:
rajinibm,

I suppose you were using the Punto for sometime, did you sell it by any chance?
Hey,yes I sold the car just last week!Got a good price for it at 3.55 lakhs.I had bought it at 4.5 lakhs OTR so felt this was a good price as everyone kept saying FIAT resale is not so good.

But the car was real solid and now feel its absence in the house.Used to feel secure driving it.

BTW I had put up the punto for sale on BHP classifieds but got no response so sold it on my own! Miss the punto!
Old 21st February 2011, 22:14   #2766
BHPian

What could be the decent price I can pay for a 2008 model 25K on odo Alto LXi with clean body and accident free insurance in bangalore??
Old 22nd February 2011, 00:49   #2767
BHPian

Guys, final car -
2008 - civic AT - 'V' model , 56,000 done, serviced every 5k (checked records)

Dealer asking 7.75, should settle for 7.4L. Good deal ?
Old 22nd February 2011, 11:20   #2768
BHPian

^^ another 4000km to go for 60k service which may be costly.. consider this too
Old 22nd February 2011, 15:28   #2769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
While I was looking for an automatic over the weekend, I saw a similar specced grey swift being quoted 4.5lakhs. If I was a buyer, I'd pick urs over some other unknown car. I guess u can expect around 4 lakhs pretty comfortably.

Prajwal
Thanks Prajwal. I was still in the process of arriving at a figure to work with and that helped.
Old 22nd February 2011, 15:28   #2770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
^^ IMO it should go for around 17-18L. Dealers will quote arbitrary prices depending on their own situation. Try selling to a dealer who deals in premium cars.
You are absolutely right about the illogical bids from dealers - they have quoted as low as 11L, revised up to 14.5 post inspection. In fact the highest have heard till now is 15L. I am mostly going with dealers referred to by the Admin guys in my company - is there a place I can find a list of premium dealers - especially someone recommended (in the Delhi-NCR region)?
Old 22nd February 2011, 15:56   #2771
BHPian

What all papers do you have to present when buying a used car?
Old 22nd February 2011, 15:57   #2772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Personally, if I were in your shoes, I'd pay no more than 2.5 lakh. Only if bargaining for Rs 2 lakh don't work out. You are probably the only prospective buyer he has. SPEEDY.RACER bought his accessorized 2006 Dicor VX last year for a little under Rs 4 lakh. So, you'd be better of bargaining on a '6-'7 Dicor if your budget is 3.5-4 lakh.

Hey i have brought the 2006 safari fully loaded a little above 4 Lakh, and yes its single owner, and records were correct. and till now no Claim bonus has not utilized.

regards
suresh
Old 23rd February 2011, 12:13   #2773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post
Guys, its that time and I've finally decided to let go of my Swift.

(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-km-later.html). Haven't updated the last year of ownership in the above thread.

I've checked valuations at carwale.com but would like to get more insight from folks on this thread. Its my first ride, so I don't have any experience on this front.

Here's some info on the Bee:

06/2007 Pearl Metallic Artic White Swift LDi
Single Owner
KA Registered
Done 81K
Insurance paid till June 2011

Modifications:

Pete's tuning box fit at 15K
Green's Air filter + CAI (fit at the same time as when the box was added)
Clutch Replacement at 67K
Brand new battery at around 78K
Michelin XM1+ 185/70 R14 went on at 51K [prior to this, was running on Bridgestone Potenza GIII's]

Accessories: (all done at Autoshop, Koramangala except for the Alloys)

Pioneer HU + JBL 4 channel AMP + JBL front components + JBL 6X9 rears
Power windows for all 4 doors + Remote locking + Security Alarm (I believe its the top end model of Nippon). Has the relay to close all windows, when locked.
Art Leather seat covers
Prestige 14" alloy wheels
The Bee should be able to fetch you a best price of close to 4.5L if you are selling the car with all the stuff listed!
Old 23rd February 2011, 13:57   #2774
BHPian

Hey Guys

Seen a Honda JAZZ 2009 model in chennai.ODO at 20k.Price quoted was 5.5 lakhs and owner not willing to negotiate below 5.3.

a.Is 5.3 a good price to pay for a 2009 Honda Jazz?
b.More importantly, I would be the third owner of the car.Would this have a bearing on resale?I dont plan to sell the car for atleast 2-3 years.

Would be great if someone could give inputs on the above.

Thanks!
Old 23rd February 2011, 14:49   #2775
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
Seen a Honda JAZZ 2009 model in chennai.ODO at 20k.Price quoted was 5.5 lakhs and owner not willing to negotiate below 5.3.

a.Is 5.3 a good price to pay for a 2009 Honda Jazz?
b.More importantly, I would be the third owner of the car.Would this have a bearing on resale?I dont plan to sell the car for atleast 2-3 years.
Strange deal I d say. Why would a normal car exchange 2 owners within 20k kms and 2 years?

Do check the car thoroughly through a Honda ASC which is reliable alongwith the insurance history.

5.xx is certainly a good price had you been the second owner of it and you will suffer greater depreciation when you sell it. Try to negotiate for 4.8-5.0 if possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks