Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2011, 15:19   #2776
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Strange deal I d say. Why would a normal car exchange 2 owners within 20k kms and 2 years?

Do check the car thoroughly through a Honda ASC which is reliable alongwith the insurance history.

5.xx is certainly a good price had you been the second owner of it and you will suffer greater depreciation when you sell it. Try to negotiate for 4.8-5.0 if possible.
Actually this car is being sold through a dealer and I asked him the same question.He told me that this car was booked right when the JAZZ was launched and there was a waiting period.The person who booked the car gave his car to the second owner who used the car all along right from day one.But the second owner has transferred the car to his name only in july of 2010.So the second owner of the car has been on paper for 6 months!
Shall anyways check out the service records of the car.
The owner is not willing to come below 5.3 as his cost as per invoice is 8.5 lakhs!
Old 23rd February 2011, 15:41   #2777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
The owner is not willing to come below 5.3 as his cost as per invoice is 8.5 lakhs!
Wow!! That seems like a great deal!!
BTW, guys, how much will a Conty (P/D) cost me? The engine, suspension etc. should be in basic running condition, not very particular about dents, interior condition etc.
Old 24th February 2011, 19:06   #2778
BHPian

And the search continues -

Guys

What would be a fair price for a FIAT linea emotion pack - petrol variant - 2009 model, run 9000 kms in chennai.

The dealer quoted 6.3 lakhs.

Thanks!
Old 24th February 2011, 20:31   #2779
BHPian

Quote:
And the search continues -

Guys

What would be a fair price for a FIAT linea emotion pack - petrol variant - 2009 model, run 9000 kms in chennai.

The dealer quoted 6.3 lakhs.

Thanks!
Good deal if the car is in "Top Condition". Check for service record - easy coz its done just 9K Kms. Maybe just 1 service. Basically check for damages/replacements etc. Bag it
Old 25th February 2011, 09:16   #2780
BHPian

@rajinibm - I drove the Jazz and liked it and also took it to Capital Honda and got it evaluated by the user car consultant. He said the car is in good condition and said I can pay upto 5.8. And so I paid an advance and booked the car. Hoping to take delivery today!

Quote:
Actually this car is being sold through a dealer and I asked him the same question.He told me that this car was booked right when the JAZZ was launched and there was a waiting period.The person who booked the car gave his car to the second owner who used the car all along right from day one.But the second owner has transferred the car to his name only in july of 2010.So the second owner of the car has been on paper for 6 months!
Shall anyways check out the service records of the car.
Old 25th February 2011, 09:42   #2781
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Elantra CRDi with 70 K on the odo.
Second owner, Kalyan Passing. New tires and battery.

The owner is asking for 4 lacs.
Assuming car is in good condition (I haven't see this yet). How much should I pay for this?
Old 25th February 2011, 12:46   #2782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
@rajinibm - I drove the Jazz and liked it and also took it to Capital Honda and got it evaluated by the user car consultant. He said the car is in good condition and said I can pay upto 5.8. And so I paid an advance and booked the car. Hoping to take delivery today!
Hey Congrats!So, how much did you pay for it?The dealer had agreed for 5.3 from me and when I was going to make a DD he called me and said the owner was thinking of not selling it and he wanted time.I immediately realised he must have got a higher offer but left it at that.This was on wednesday.

I saw the car today at eldams road junction around 11 30 am!I think it was the same car.

Congrats again for the car!
Old 25th February 2011, 13:55   #2783
BHPian

Hey Guys

I saw a pre-owned car and this car is registered to TAFE Reach - chennai.

Any possibility of this being a car used for test drives? or do these car dealerships give their top management cars to buy.

a.If TAFE reach gives cars to their management then should it not be registered in their name? and secondly

b.Why is the car being sold through a dealer and not through TAFE reach itself as they have a used car division?

Also there is no insurance copy available.

Just wanted to play safe and clear the above before proceeding.

Thanks!
Old 25th February 2011, 13:59   #2784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Hyundai Elantra CRDi with 70 K on the odo.
Second owner, Kalyan Passing. New tires and battery.

The owner is asking for 4 lacs.
Assuming car is in good condition (I haven't see this yet). How much should I pay for this?
I saw a Hyundai elantra 2007 model, CRDi , first owner with around 60k on odo and the owner was asking for 4.5 lakhs.This was before any negotiations.

So, probably with 2 owner coming in the picture you could negotiate around 3.5 or so.
Old 25th February 2011, 14:08   #2785
Senior - BHPian

^ Thanks.
I thought Elantra does not have a good resale value and this car should be around 3 lacs.
Old 25th February 2011, 14:22   #2786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
^ Thanks.
I thought Elantra does not have a good resale value and this car should be around 3 lacs.
Thats right!The petrol resale is very poor.For a CRDi, you could as you said quote 3 lakhs and see what the owner says.Would leave you with much more margin to negotiate.
Old 25th February 2011, 15:06   #2787
BHPian

Guys - What is the resale prices for Laura TSi in your cities you have come across?
Old 26th February 2011, 10:54   #2788
BHPian

Thanks much. I got it for 5.4. I didn't negotiate as I liked the car and felt it was good value. I took delivery on Friday around 4pm. Good luck in your search...

Quote:
Hey Congrats!So, how much did you pay for it?The dealer had agreed for 5.3 from me and when I was going to make a DD he called me and said the owner was thinking of not selling it and he wanted time.I immediately realised he must have got a higher offer but left it at that.This was on wednesday.

I saw the car today at eldams road junction around 11 30 am!I think it was the same car.

Congrats again for the car!
Old 26th February 2011, 15:53   #2789
BHPian

Quote:

a.If TAFE reach gives cars to their management then should it not be registered in their name?
No, this is registered in the company's name since it a facility provided to employees.
Quote:
b.Why is the car being sold through a dealer and not through TAFE reach itself as they have a used car division?
The dealer could answer this best. However, get the car checked by a good mechanic. If the condition is good why are you bothered who drove it earlier and whose name is was registered in?
Old 28th February 2011, 12:27   #2790
BHPian

Help in buying a second hand car in Mumbai

I'm about to buy a second hand car from my friend who's going onsite for long term. We need to complete all formalities in the next 2 weeks (by Mar 12).

I have gone through the two articles 'How to Buy/Sell a USED car in India' but I still have a few basic doubts. (Maybe i'm a bit excited and nervous as this is my first car and everything is happening so quickly).

1. He has a 2010 i20 Sportz Petrol which got registered in June 2010.
2. Apart from his asking price, what is the other amounts that I have to spend on various formalities in RTO
3. Do I have to pay road tax and registration all over again?
4. He already has an insurance but I'd like to get a new one (the 100% depreciation wala stuff). Is it available on second hand cars?
5. If not, can he switch his insurance to this before selling the car to me (will this formality happen quickly in 2-3 days)?

I'm searching for information related to this in the forums too and will continue doing so.
kalpeshc is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks