Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2008, 09:05   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.cs1 View Post
Hi Mark. 3.5 for a 3 year old accent sure is a fair deal. i bought a 7 year old accent last year. The used car prices in Bangalore are way higher than in delhi. Accent is a very good car. I find it fun to drive too. Try it out for yourself. It may not be as fast as a city, but it sure is reasonably quick and totally trouble free.
As regards maintenance, it is rather inexpensive to maintain. the hyundai A.S.S. is spot on and is very economical. its parts are readily available. However, since it is an old model and there are rumours of it being phased out, do not expect a great resale from it. But if you are looking at something like a 3-4 year horizon, it would be a good buy. The legroom at the rear is not commensurate to it's length though. All in all, you wouldn't go wrong with this car.
Cheers,
Harsha
Thanks Harsha! how much did you pay for your Accent? and what FE are you getting.
I am planning to use it for 1-2 years only, so resale is also a concern for me.
Old 6th May 2008, 14:15   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
i recently sold my sonata v6 gold for 2.60 lakhs here in chandigarh
wow thats cheap , a friend saw a sonata gold 2005 V6 for 5.20 in mumbai!
Old 8th May 2008, 11:32   #273
BHPian

Hyundai Accent

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiv View Post
Thanks Harsha! how much did you pay for your Accent? and what FE are you getting.
I am planning to use it for 1-2 years only, so resale is also a concern for me.
Hi Mark,
I bought the 2000 accent last year for 2.3. That is the market price out here. But i found it to be a good deal because the car had done just 29K kms. Do u think i paid too much guys?
In Delhi, you can find a 2000 accent for less than 2 i guess. But even an old model accent is no probs because the car has never really got much of an upgrade since its launch.
I am very happy with my car. The mileage on petrol in Banglr's crazy traffic is about 9-10 and in highways is 13 (with a reasonably heavy pedal).
Since i bought it for 2.3 last year, i can be confident that even after a couple of years it will fetch me atleast 1.5 since it is an accent and not an 800, at the end of the day. What say fellow TBhpians?
but if you have a 1-2 year horizon, i would still not recommend it to you. a phase out, which is likely, will kill your resale.
cheers,
Harsha
Old 8th May 2008, 13:11   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiv View Post
Guys, please help in deciding my next car. Had planned for Swift LDI but there's a long waiting time!
Came across a 2005 make Hyundai Accent GLS, done 36K with audio system (pioneer all including sub woofer), keyless central locking with sensors. Owner is asking for 3.5L. Looks like a fair deal. He is also ready to renew insurance and put in new tyres.

Am tempted to go for a bigger car, but not sure about Accent's durability and maintenance costs. Car is from gurgaon and owned by a colleague's business partner.

What do you think. Carwale.com says its a good price! price difference between this and Swift LDI will make up for the fuel costs is what i feel.

What price can I expect on resale after 1 year? any idea?
Hi, Try to get the price down by atleast another 25K and put the tyres by yourself, that way you can buy the tyres of your choice and liking and maybe even upsize if you are not concerned about mileage.
Old 8th May 2008, 13:58   #275
BHPian

guys help me out here,

i wanna buy a USED MAHINDRA BOLERO.
i wanna know the price range and which engine should i go for...
Old 8th May 2008, 16:30   #276
Senior - BHPian

To Sell - Or Not to Sell?

guys, Let me make it simple

I OWN a Alto LX, June-2003, 45K ODO, Petrol + Lovato Gas Kit, No Hypothecation, Single Owner(me), OEM Tyres and Battery (may last another 6mths), 2 tiny dents on bonnet and 1 big dent in left rear door. Simple fabric Seat cover, Clutch needs a overhaul in next 5K Kms, ICE - Pioneer 3050UB CD Player, 2 JBL 937 Rear, 2 JBL 4" Front Dash, 1 Sony 2Ch Amp, 1 Pioneer Steering REMOTE, Scoshe Wiring and sound damping at Anwar's Bangalore.

What can I sell it for MAX?

I have decided on the Indigo CS Dicor and am confused should I sell my ALTO without ICE or With ICE.

Can I use the Alto ICE setup on a Indigo? Will it Suffice?

REASON---

I am quoted 1.6Lakhs W/o ICE and 1.75Lakhs with ICE. I spent nearly 17 On my ICE and dont want to part from it so early. (ICE'd on 1-Mar-08).

Resale Gurus, Please advise.
Old 8th May 2008, 16:40   #277
Senior - BHPian

Good price santosh. I would suggest give it away with the ICE since you will be getting 15 out of the 17k spent, ICE has very little resale value.
Old 9th May 2008, 12:18   #278

Felloe BHPians,

Please help me out here:

For the last 6 months i have been hunting for a second hand car, and i cldnt fit anything that i want to fit in my 1.5-2.0 lac budget.
Finally, i am thinking of buying a friend's car ..please tell me if the price is right.

Its a Tata Indigo LS (diesel), Oct 2003 make, P/S, P/W, tubeless tyres, alloy wheels. I checked it out at my mechanic and he said the engine was OK. But my friend is the second owner of the car, and asking for 1.85Lac.

Please advice if this price is ok, too high, just abt rite...?

Thanks a lot
Old 9th May 2008, 14:20   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voido_kun View Post
Felloe BHPians,

Its a Tata Indigo LS (diesel), Oct 2003 make, P/S, P/W, tubeless tyres, alloy wheels. I checked it out at my mechanic and he said the engine was OK. But my friend is the second owner of the car, and asking for 1.85Lac.

Please advice if this price is ok, too high, just abt rite...?

Thanks a lot
i think the price is correct if it has done its usual 50K kms or so... do let us know the condition of tyres and battery and the mileage it has done. if it belongs to a friend, i hope you should not have any reason to suspect the odo reading.
cheers,
Harsha
Old 9th May 2008, 17:30   #280

Thanks a lot, Harsha.

The tyres are pretty new, will check for the mileage and the battery status. Thanks guys...
Old 10th May 2008, 02:36   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Excellent choice for Mrs. G, Gogi bhai! Is she happy with the car??
She absolutely loves it... and so do i. Its a pleasure to drive a cvt around the city traffic that is.
Old 12th May 2008, 01:31   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick74 View Post
Hi, Try to get the price down by atleast another 25K and put the tyres by yourself, that way you can buy the tyres of your choice and liking and maybe even upsize if you are not concerned about mileage.
I have bought the Accent for Rs 3.35L finally! Plus insurance to be renewed by the owner as well.
Got new shoes for the car today (Michelin XM1 - 175/70/R13) and alloys.
Cost me 17.5K for the whole thing (9K for alloys + 2k each for XM1s)
But there is some wobbling at low speeds with the new tyres is what I felt!
Will have to check this out.
Old 12th May 2008, 14:17   #283
BHPian

Guys Need Help... I Am Interested In Selling Off My Hyundai Accent Car Model August 2006 Done 9700 Kms Registered In Chandigarh .. It Is A Scratchless Piece Having Orignal Hyundai Central Locking With Remote And Decent Sterio System ...kindly Advice Me On How Much Should Be The Price Of The Car...

Regards

Mohit
Old 12th May 2008, 18:19   #284

How much can I get for My 2004 Santro.

Hi,

I wanted a quick advice on the resale value of my Santro Xing. I am in US and want to sell this car off as nobody is using it in India. I dont know what should be the asking price, any advice will be very helpful.

Car was purchased in Nov'2004, has about 40k kms. I think its the second model from the top, it has front power windows but no Tape or CD. Exterior is in OK condition, shows its age. Color is aqua green ( or is it called sage green). Sorry my details sound vague, but I've only driven this car occassionally when I visited India.

What should be the asking price for this car?
Old 12th May 2008, 21:13   #285
BHPian

for you best bet is.. New Cars, Used Cars, Buy Cars, Sell Cars, New Car Prices, Used Car Prices - CarWale.com India. in my experience, the carwale prices are very good indication of actual worth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks